Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cpu troubles
My cpu has been spiking to 100% on all cores for a few seconds at a time. Its been happening for a few months now. When it happens whatever screen is focused will turn black and flash for that time and then go back to normal. Very confused as it kept happening after I switched storage devices because i thought it might have been a virus. Any clue as to why this happened? My cpu reach it's expiration?
[Image: unknown.png]
It happens even if im just typing or watching youtube, not necessarily only while im gaming.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
turn your cpu down
Have you tried checking to see what is utilizing all your processor? Without knowing what is doing it, we can't make a proper judgement.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(09-11-2020, 06:03 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: Have you tried checking to see what is utilizing all your processor? Without knowing what is doing it, we can't make a proper judgement.

I have been looking at my cpu and it looks like all the programs are spiking in percentage at the same time. Could it be thermal throttling?
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
Not cpu temp i dont think max it gets is 50c
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
The only reason I could imagine all processes suddenly hitting a high percentage is that the CPU is clocking down extremely low for whatever reason. Could be a bad CPU.

Keep an eye out, you can sort processes by CPU utilization by clicking the column (https://prnt.sc/ufvi5t) and see if there's one particular culprit.

It's also possible that task manager is lying about what process is using the CPU and you have some kind of virus.
(09-11-2020, 08:36 PM)Gay Moron Gaming Wrote: The only reason I could imagine all processes suddenly hitting a high percentage is that the CPU is clocking down extremely low for whatever reason. Could be a bad CPU.

Keep an eye out, you can sort processes by CPU utilization by clicking the column (https://prnt.sc/ufvi5t) and see if there's one particular culprit.

It's also possible that task manager is lying about what process is using the CPU and you have some kind of virus.

It might be a bad cpu. Ive had this one for a while now so was gonna upgrade soon anyway.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
have you tried turning it off and back on again?
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
check your cpu temp, ss all tasks in the manager and that makes it easier