Poll: Should rooftops 2016 be removed
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
38.46%
10 38.46%
No
61.54%
16 61.54%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think Rooftops 2016 should be removed?
(09-08-2020, 02:24 PM)dong Wrote: The point in me saying that is that the map would be more fun to play if it wasn't so overplayed, but everyone votes for it at least 7 times a day. So there you are dealing with a laggy map and a full server on a map for roughly 2-3 hours total a day depending on how many times its picked.  I have a PC that was originally priced at over 1,000 USD, but I still get 20 frames on that map.
Ah. I understand now.
Don't remove it now, I already took out a loan for the RTX 3090 so I can finally play this map
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
I honestly think that it should not be removed but maybe replaced with the older version if people are complaining about delays.
We could also possibly edit the map and make the minigames work a specific percentage of the rounds as well.
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
tom selleck says no

besides this map is a classic, bring back community pool and all the other maps that got removed because thermal vision was a bitch
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
[Image: e1f04adc581cc3b1860431bd1a2a0384.png]
What exactly causes the abysmal frames? I have a 9700k and a 2080ti and the map runs like trash.
I always get out of the server anytime we play on rooftops because of the lag
Just throwing this out there, an inno was able to exploit a rideable elevator for roughly 4.5 minutes today, and the T's were unable to get to the inno despite grappling hook attempts. I'm not sure if that qualifies as exploiting (in my opinion it's not) but perhaps it could be disabled or forced to land so that T's can access any innos inside?
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(09-14-2020, 11:14 PM)Jammin Wrote: Just throwing this out there, an inno was able to exploit a rideable elevator for roughly 4.5 minutes today, and the T's were unable to get to the inno despite grappling hook attempts. I'm not sure if that qualifies as exploiting (in my opinion it's not) but perhaps it could be disabled or forced to land so that T's can access any innos inside?
... ts can force it to stop and force open the doors they can reach it via grapple or by waiting at certain spots where the elevator can be reached normally.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
The round we were in, both remaining Ts tried grappling multiple times, but the hooks weren't catching.
Either way if someone doesn't know the map, it'll just result in everyone waiting until the round times out. I feel that most other maps allow for less skilled players to at least get in range.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks