Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunther's Trusted Application
Ingame Name: [GL] Gunther

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:430475006

Time Played: 149 hours.  

When First Joined: Roughly January 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I play around 5-11 PM EST, any time from Monday-Sunday.

Rank Desired: Trusted. 

Current Rank: Regular 

What can you do to help the community?: I have the experience, as a former Admin for GamingLight, I'm quite familiar with how people behave on G-Mod. I'm also not a stranger to moderation commands, whether in-game or on Discord, as said in my Intro, I'm a current Manager for two Discord servers. I'm also very chill, I never argue with the staff on any rules, I'm there to have a fun time not cause issues or give people grief. While I am chill most of the time, when it comes down to getting serious and doing my job, I never waste a second. If people are breaking rules, I tell them they need to stop and further actions will be taken. The same will go for here, if someone is breaking rules or being a troll, I squash that as soon as it begins.

Why do you want to help the community?: My main goal in life is to be a Gaming Youtuber, but for the past 3 years I've been moderating for various Discords, communities, and games. Its one of the most fun and interesting things I've done. It has given me a sense of responsibility, I take pride in what I do. I want to help your community because I love being a Moderator. I love helping people and giving people a reason to come back again. I've noticed your server is constantly plagued with trolls and toxic people. I want to help enforce your rules because nothing annoys me more than people disrespecting others and ruining the vibe. I also love playing Prop Hunt and its the first G-Mod server I ever played, and it has been an amazing experience. Its got its moments, but I love the server.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): N/A

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): N/A

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Yes, I have OBS and I can use my F5 to take snapshots, as well as my print screen button.

How did you find us?: When I first got Garry's Mod, I want to play games I saw some of the Youtubers I watch play, i.e. (Death Run, Prop Hunt, etc.) At the time, this was the biggest Prop Hunt server, and ever since I've come back because of either A) I just like the game, or B) because the people I played with made me want to come back to play with them again.  

Other: I'm 22 years old. 
[Image: Alastor.%28Hazbin%29.600.2819270.jpg]
I do have ONE issue : you did spam taunts when the Trolls where on - but other than that, I've had no issues. But I do want you to be more active on the server when staff are on, just so we can see who you are and how you handle things.

So right now I am neutral.

Good luck, see ya on the Prop field, nerd!
Go away
Hello Gunther, thank you for applying for Trusted!
I believe you have the potential to be a Trusted. You've been within the community for a while and have an introduction in the thread. You've also been playing a lot recently. Overall, you seem like a nice guy and someone who wants to help out the server.

My vote is going to be neutral / leaning towards a +1.

I'll see you in game, friend. c:
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]
Hey Gunther,
Thanks for applying!
I think you can be a pretty level headed person and you seem to know the rules pretty well.
I haven't seen anything negative in game about you at all.
I believe that you have the capability to handle Trusted but I do want to give you some recommendations.

You should try to be a bit more present on the forums and on discord. Its always nice to know who people are typically before I would cast my vote. Also it gives you an advantage so that way you can get to know the other staff as well and see how things are for sure!
Both of these are not requirements so I am not holding any of those against you for sure! More of recommendations.

Now for the main thing I would recommend improving on is your activity. 
Seems like you just recently came back from a break. 

[Image: Wnzr8pm.png]

I don't see any reason why you would not get trusted though if you give a little bit more time!
This should help you touch up on things that you might have missed while you were gone as well as for you to get back to it. 
I think you really have potential for sure but for the time being my vote is a -1 .

Good luck with your app and happy hunting! 
-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
Hey Gunther, I got to play on server with you recently and you were calm and helpful. I think there is definitely potential there I just haven’t seen enough to really make a vote just yet. Keep playing, get involved in the discord and forum discussions too so we can get to know you but it’s a great start. 

Best of luck

Pix   Heart
[Image: unknown.jpg]
So, I see you have indeed been on the forums for quite a bit. however, being on the forums and being active in them are two different things. before this thread, your last forum post was made back in February. that's quite a lot period of inactivity.

because of this, i'm going to give you a -1. I wanna see you around, man!
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
Gunther, I think you have potential to be staff but as of right now, with how I've seen you react recently I'm gonna have to say no. I think you enjoy playing Prop Hunt. That's a very important trait to have but it can make you less than level headed. You get fairly mad when someone steals your kill or you think someone is in a "bullshit" spot. I think you'll find more enjoyment in PH as a player rather than a staff member at this time. Also you applied when you had just a consistent week in time. Meaning you just came back from a break and applied within a week of being back. I don't usually say much about time cause I know shit happens and we have lives, but you need more than just 1 week on server overall in recent time before applying.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
Hey Gunther,

For now I'm gonna go with a -1 on you becoming Trusted right now.

My biggest reason here is that I don't really feel like you are known enough in the community overall just quite yet. It's important to build up a rep (the good kind!) so that when you hop on server players & staff members alike can recognise you and such.

Being more active also lets you become more familiar with the way we staff our servers here, which brings up another niggly issue. Recently on server some players were discussing how they don't like the way our warning systems work and such, and you chimed in saying you agreed. This could be a potential issue, as being Trusted on Dinks means you need to follow our rules, regardless of any previous experience you may have had.

Despite this, I think you may have potential. The best kinda feedback I can give you is just to try be ore prominent around server, get involved in chats in the discord & on forums more, get to know the other staff members and players and such. And please do remember that Dinks is a different server with different rules that you'll need to adapt to. 

Any questions though don't hesitate to give me a message.
I am going to deny this application for now. You have seen what some of the other community members have to say so that means you know their concerns and what you need to work on. You apply yourself to these areas and you will have a higher chance next time.

The earliest you may apply again is 10/10/2020.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army