Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yo lets add some fun equipment
To start off, I'm not one for adding a bunch of gimmicky overpowered Traitor and Detective weapons, however, I think there's two weapons that I think make the exception and would like to see in the game.

1. Harpoon - One-hit kill throwable object much like the knife but with way stronger throwing range and somewhat less discreet.
Cons: 
- One-hit kill so people can just use it like the Knife sometimes.
Pros: 
- It's fun to use
- You can yell funny things like "get pooned; im gonna poon you so hard; i want your poon"
- It's really satisfying to get an across the map harpoon kill when you're in a 1v1 situation
- Ragdoll physics
- Innocents can pick then up and have fun too after being proven

1. Gold Gun - Detective Equipment that gives them a desert eagle with one bullet, when shot at an enemy it will either: kill them if they are a traitor, or ricochet back at the detective if their guess is wrong, killing the detective.
Cons: 
- Kind of RDM
- Makes people mad
Pros:
- Funny to use at start of round
- Killing on suspicion is fun, adds an extra challenge
- You can shoot your friends with possibly no repercussions
- Reduces people RDMing out of boredom, as it adds an alternative

Workshop links are for examples and exact add-on sources are subject to change also to clarify these are light-hearted fun suggestions for the community thanks. Harpoon: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=456189236 Gold Gun: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=233067112
Harpoon is already being worked on I think. Ask @Nicol Bolas about that though since last I heard he was planning on adding the Minecraft harpoon (technically its a trident but it behaves like the harpoon) to the server sometime I think. As for the golden gun I’m pretty sure they won’t add it but you never know.
(09-21-2020, 07:49 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Harpoon is already being worked on I think. Ask @Nicol Bolas about that though since last I heard he was planning on adding the Minecraft harpoon to the server sometime I think. As for the golden gun I’m pretty sure they won’t add it but you never know.
minecraft harpoon sounds like fun.
Unless things have changed all work on the trident has been indefinitely halted. Harpoon was easily exploitable so it was removed. Gold gun is cool but our above average skilled players would find it extremely unfair to have another awp/knife type weapon.
I think the gun would just increase likelyhood of people attempting to rdm with it to troll 'legally', don't think we sh ould open that can of worms. Will always love the harpoon though, despite its faults, but I get why it's since been removed
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(09-21-2020, 10:30 PM)Battons Wrote: Unless things have changed all work on the trident has been indefinitely halted.

Mostly awaiting Dink approval tbh. No work needed to be done.

That and I've been very busy the past month
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Bring back the wall harpoons
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]