Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charro_Tigah Donor Abuse
(09-23-2020, 08:13 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: ..can we add a restriction to ULX that prevents donors from using the * wildcard? There's no reason donators should be able to even do that, let alone be allowed to have it bound.

Totally agree to this. I don't think that getting rid of gag is a good idea, especially for us Donors on Murder since it's super short staffed. At least getting rid of the * will help prevent abuse. Also, we should put a warning to new donors before they buy their package about when and when not to use their commands. Just a thought.
(09-23-2020, 12:38 PM)August Wrote: Totally agree to this. I don't think that getting rid of gag is a good idea, especially for us Donors on Murder since it's super short staffed. At least getting rid of the * will help prevent abuse. Also, we should put a warning to new donors before they buy their package about when and when not to use their commands. Just a thought.

The problem is that there is warnings. When you purchase it, it states permanent unless abused. We also have donor guidelines specifically for PH. The * wildcard can be useful especially if everyone is mic spamming at the end when there is a map vote going on for example. There are specific situations that it can be used correctly. Removing * might not be a simple task. I typically do not just jump to a donor abuse thread unless I have already talked to the individual. I always point to the donor guidelines. 
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...2#pid62602

Sarcasm Guaranteed Wrote: Donor Abuse

Sadly, this next part is necessary as well. There are people who purchase the donor rank to cause trouble for players and troll everyone or people that change over time and abuse their powers even though they initially were helping when they first purchased the rank. If you abuse your donor commands, you risk having your donor status being removed from the discord, forums, and server. For this to happen, it would depend on the amount of times the abuse has occurred and/or the severity of the abuse of commands/power taking place. You have been entrusted to not abuse your commands and perks with the purchase of the donor rank if you break that trust, you accept the repercussions that come with them. Staff also understand this when they got roles and abilities as well, and we are holding you no different. Do not falsely mute or gag people, falsely kick people from the server, or overstep your role ahead of that of a staff member when they are handling various situations. You are allowed to help, and we understand that you want to benefit the community. However, if staff ask you to not step in, as their job gets much more difficult in the situation, please be mindful and do not intervene. This just needs to be written as a warning to potential troublemakers and abusers who have existed in the past and will exist in the future. With donor abuse, will come the implementation of the three strike system. This is the same system that staff are held to. You will receive three strikes/warnings for abuse of commands. After this happens and the admins see no change, they will refer you to the Owner to have your donor status removed. You will then receive the supporter rank. The supporter rank shows that you did donate to the server, but you will no longer have access to powers.

I am going to leave this up to @"Sarcasm Guaranteed" to decide what happens next at this point. I don't want this thread to keep going.
I would recommend opening a new thread to add your recommendations so that the correct folks can look into them if you do have recommendations around donor commands.
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
Even though this is annoying it does not seem to be on purpose. @Charro_Tigah I am not hitting you with a strike I am only going to issue a warning to not do this going into the future. Any future issues with the gag * and ungag * command will be punishable by a strike.

Before joining the server next time, remove your !gag * and !ungag * binds so that we do not run into this issue again.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army