Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTT Incoming Balance Patch
(09-30-2020, 05:45 PM)Battons Wrote: Small update on this thread.
Winchester debuff has been striked out, after some discussion with the TTT admins we have decided nerfing it would do more harm than good.
Silenced sniper will receive a damage increase of 1 point so now you will be able to headshot kill someone on bold booze @"NotRand"
MP40 will not receive an iron sight increase
Lastly M24 should have the global sound effect removed.
We are in the process of getting these on testing, so please continue to be patient.
Idk if anyone has mentioned this, but the standard shotgun needs a buff. The difference between the shotty on this server and others is honestly crazy.
[img][Image: bAal77J.gif]
(09-30-2020, 05:52 PM)Alec Wrote:
Winchester debuff has been striked out, after some discussion with the TTT admins we have decided nerfing it would do more harm than good.
Silenced sniper will receive a damage increase of 1 point so now you will be able to headshot kill someone on bold booze @"NotRand"
We are in the process of getting these on testing, so please continue to be patient.
Idk if anyone has mentioned this, but the standard shotgun needs a buff. The difference between the shotty on this server and others is honestly crazy.
Completely agree, it feels like it's supposed to be a noob trap than an actual weapon, which really sucks as the pump shotty and Locomotive are also mediocre at best, so people who prefer shotguns are just kinda left hanging while the smgs (not you, Mac10) steamroll most other guns

(10-01-2020, 11:39 AM)Xenny Wrote:
Completely agree, it feels like it's supposed to be a noob trap than an actual weapon, which really sucks as the pump shotty and Locomotive are also mediocre at best, so people who prefer shotguns are just kinda left hanging while the smgs (not you, Mac10) steamroll most other guns

I agree with the shotty buff. Locomotive should have a bit tighter spread IMO. MAC-10 absolutely destroys people but only once because the ammo is garbage. Maybe give a 5 ammo buff to MAC 10 since its a completely unviable gun at this time.
[Image: Skay_-_Signature.png?size=4096]
Shotguns are a very sensitive subject. They're very difficult to balance, especially in GMod. You want a noob-friendly gun, but you also don't wanna make it so regulars and better players don't feel like they can't win a fight against one.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I agree with nicol, I've put a lot of thought into the shotguns and decided not to do much with them due to how overpowered they can quickly become, many of our current regulars weren't around when shotguns absolutely stomped the server. It isn't something I really want to go back to but that doesn't mean a discussion cannot be had at a later point. I would actually argue the locomotive is strong due to the fact it can still one shot someone at full HP.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
I also believe that the jihad should be nerfed. The sheer range it can kill from is insane. I stand a fairly decent distance away and still die from it
(10-01-2020, 02:55 PM)Skay Wrote: I also believe that the jihad should be nerfed. The sheer range it can kill from is insane. I stand a fairly decent distance away and still die from it
I’m pretty sure the range is just broken on it. Because sometimes people don’t hide behind anything like that and they don’t die from it, that’s what I noticed. It’s just buggy I think.
(10-01-2020, 03:01 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 02:55 PM)Skay Wrote: I also believe that the jihad should be nerfed. The sheer range it can kill from is insane. I stand a fairly decent distance away and still die from it
I’m pretty sure the range is just broken on it. Because sometimes people don’t hide behind anything like that and they don’t die from it, that’s what I noticed. It’s just buggy I think.
I agree, I saw someone on island standing way closer to the person who used the jihad than me and I died while they didn't. They survived with half health and didn't stand behind any cover
(10-01-2020, 02:23 PM)Nicol Wrote: Shotguns are a very sensitive subject. They're very difficult to balance, especially in GMod. You want a noob-friendly gun, but you also don't wanna make it so regulars and better players don't feel like they can't win a fight against one.
yeah thats what I was assuming. It's the gun that everyone wants a buff on yet it is the most difficult to buff for that very reason.
[img][Image: bAal77J.gif]
I would also be ok with buffing the AS VAL ammo capacity. Its a rare gun so it should have more than 20 clip ammo