Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large Amount of Staff Flaming and Generalized Tomfoolery
(10-06-2020, 07:42 PM)Toaster Oven Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 10:21 AM)Foxka oops Wrote: on the other hand, ASAB isn't something you should feel so incredibly upset about. That's why people think staff have a superiority complex, which makes them troll around even more.
Exactly! I feel this is what causes much of the issues. I never have any issue with the jokes people make towards mods, as I've said, I tend to play into it just because I think it's fun. When staff react over small things like this, which can easily be written off as things all in jest and good fun, it only feeds trolls and flamers.
Asab I can understand being written off as a joke since it kinda is a meme. But when someone is calling staff members assholes with obvious malicious intent and flaming them with malicious intent that can cause problems. I don’t know why they treat staff memebers like that to be honest.
(10-06-2020, 12:07 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: So really it comes down to whether you take offense or not, and the key is to try and avoid being too sensitive. This is an online game and at the end of the day, any insult lodged at you fades away within minutes of signing off (or at least it should).
I agree. Responding to the insults negatively only make things worse every time.

(10-06-2020, 07:46 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 07:42 PM)Toaster Oven Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 10:21 AM)Foxka oops Wrote: on the other hand, ASAB isn't something you should feel so incredibly upset about. That's why people think staff have a superiority complex, which makes them troll around even more.
Exactly! I feel this is what causes much of the issues. I never have any issue with the jokes people make towards mods, as I've said, I tend to play into it just because I think it's fun. When staff react over small things like this, which can easily be written off as things all in jest and good fun, it only feeds trolls and flamers.
Asab I can understand being written off as a joke since it kinda is a meme. But when someone is calling staff members assholes with obvious malicious intent and flaming them with malicious intent that can cause problems. I don’t know why they treat staff memebers like that to be honest.
I couldn't have said it any better myself.
Honestly at the core there is a huge disconnect between the rules staff are being asked to enforce and the sensibilities of the average Gmod player. Y'all are trying to create a much cleaner community than Gmod players are used to so just by doing your job you are perceived as a funkiller. TTT players are toxic people and telling us to clear up our act just makes us resent you. It's up to the staff to enforce the rules made by the owners, but frankly historically across the game most staff have felt that the rules which are made to protect feelings should only be enforced if a majority of people are upset. Personally I blame the removal of votegagging/banning. Either way y'all got some real stickler type staff such that most of the time someone gets gagged the only people happy about it are trolls who think its funny that someone got in trouble for saying the f word or whatever. In the rare occasion that everyone feels the ban/gag was valid, the staff dont receive hate for it.
(10-05-2020, 11:27 PM)KaptainLes Wrote: When putting in my Application for staff, some regular members of the community told me not to do it because of the constant hate and disrespect. They also said that they never would never become staff themselves because they want to "Enjoy the game without harassment". And it definitely made me reconsider my application for a bit.
I put in an application too but i deleted it after changing my mind and as soon as I joined the server I got a couple regulars talking shit about me even attempting to become staff. And whenever I try to talk about toxicity or the people who are toxic I get told to shut up about it and get called a hypocrite cause I meme sometimes and then their buddies would pm me on discord saying dumb shit. I'm sick of the Asab shit and toxicity in general which is why I've barely been playing the past week or so. I've literally been called a tranny and I get yelled at for expressing how upset that made me. I get attacked for making a small mistake as a donor by accidentally gagging the wrong person or whatever then people start spamming donor abuse and dogshit like that. Its not run of the mill TTT toxicity its just straight up bullying at this point.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
(10-11-2020, 07:32 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 11:27 PM)KaptainLes Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
Say what now.... you been called that shit? I’m sorry about that fx. I wish I could of helped but don’t forget or be afraid to tell staff about that. They are supposed to help if you feel like you are getting harassed and stuff like that.
(10-11-2020, 06:49 PM)GM Nate Wrote: Honestly at the core there is a huge disconnect between the rules staff are being asked to enforce and the sensibilities of the average Gmod player. Y'all are trying to create a much cleaner community than Gmod players are used to so just by doing your job you are perceived as a funkiller. TTT players are toxic people and telling us to clear up our act just makes us resent you. It's up to the staff to enforce the rules made by the owners, but frankly historically across the game most staff have felt that the rules which are made to protect feelings should only be enforced if a majority of people are upset. Personally I blame the removal of votegagging/banning. Either way y'all got some real stickler type staff such that most of the time someone gets gagged the only people happy about it are trolls who think its funny that someone got in trouble for saying the f word or whatever. In the rare occasion that everyone feels the ban/gag was valid, the staff dont receive hate for it.

No way, lol. This server in particular is really lenient you would agree right? Like how many times can you drop slurs / mic spam / yell in mic before getting the awarn ban? it's a lot. So, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. Is a single gag like an ego hit or something?
(10-05-2020, 11:27 PM)KaptainLes Wrote: When putting in my Application for staff, some regular members of the community told me not to do it because of the constant hate and disrespect. They also said that they never would never become staff themselves because they want to "Enjoy the game without harassment". And it definitely made me reconsider my application for a bit.
I put in an application too but i deleted it after changing my mind and as soon as I joined the server I got a couple regulars talking shit about me even attempting to become staff. And whenever I try to talk about toxicity or the people who are toxic I get told to shut up about it and get called a hypocrite cause I meme sometimes and then their buddies would pm me on discord saying dumb shit. I'm sick of the Asab shit and toxicity in general which is why I've barely been playing the past week or so. I've literally been called a tranny and I get yelled at for expressing how upset that made me. I get attacked for making a small mistake as a donor by accidentally gagging the wrong person or whatever then people start spamming donor abuse and dogshit like that. Its not run of the mill TTT toxicity its just straight up bullying at this point.

Yeah I saw you removed your app pretty fast, i didn't know why tho. I encourage you to apply for staff again, maybe with a little bit more time without any instances. And don't take those things to much to heart. Report to staff any issues you have, ya have me on discord and steam. Id like to see you back on.
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]

So, don't let other people talk you out of being staff. Ever since I've joined, I wanted to be staff. my first app got denied. I've had PLENTY of people try to talk me out of being staff. Toxicity is always going to be a thing, and if you become a staff member, you can fix it. At least that's my take on it. If you wanna be staff, freaking go for! I do wish the toxicity was a bit more addressed and people couldn't get out of it by saying "lmao it's a joke!"
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
Did somebody say its time to address toxicity?
Last time that was tried it didn't go too well ^