Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application for PH Staff
I'm not a PH player at all; however, based on my interactions with you on Discord, I think I can give a fairly reasonable assessment of your aptitude. That meaning whether or not you have what it takes to become a member of a staff team.

Pros

-Passionate: this is something that is good, as if you don't have any pride/passion towards what you're doing, why the hell would you apply for staff?
-Confidence: you have shown in "select" interactions to have a lot of confidence in yourself; this is good, however I'm going to discuss both this and your passion in the next section.

Cons

-YOU ARE A HOTHEAD: I have always considered myself to be a hothead, but you make me look like a joke. The second something bad happened to you (i.e. when I deleted a gif you posted or a staff member didn't get on right away), you immediately went to making insults and looked for a fight. This does not bode well for someone who is looking to be a staff member. I know damn well if I were a troll and I found out you were a hothead, I would do ANYTHING and everything in my power to intentionally piss you off for my own entertainment.

-Confidence VS Arrogance: You come across as extremely arrogant, as your arguments with both the PH staff and me in discord have clearly shown. This makes me think you're a close minded individual who only thinks their way is the right approach; THAT DOES NOT WORK IN ANY SORT OF LEADERSHIP TEAM EVER. You must open your mind to other perspectives, other ways of thinking, that way you can approach situations in a more professional manner.

-You seem to be someone who is more about talk than action; when I asked you to make a thread on me because you felt like what I did was wrong, you just simply said "not worth my time." This is another RED FLAG, because what this shows me is despite being so arrogant and cocky, you have no initiative to do anything; it's almost like you're an arrogant, mindless sheep; what an oxymoron.

CONCLUSION

This is the easiest -1 I've ever given in my entire life. You have to work on your character a lot before I think you could even possibly be a staff member. Don't try applying again until you've made significant efforts to change how you react and respond to other people.  
Hey Tekki

I do appreciate that it’s frustrating on the server at times and that there is not always staff available to help on server. Last night was not a good example of how a person should behave in a community like ours. 

At the heart of it this is game, people will mess around, people will try to cheat. It’s not possible to catch everyone and there is no point in letting something like that effect you so much. You will burn out so quickly. 

I do appreciate that you came back to the channel later on and apologised for how heated it got but I do not feel that at the moment we could trust you with a staff role. Honestly in the future if you come across a situation that cannot be handled by staff at the time. Record, report on the forum and it will be dealt with. If it’s just annoying you too much just take a break from the server for a bit. 

Wish you all the best. 

-1 for now 

Pix  Heart
[Image: unknown.jpg]
Hey Tekki, 

As someone who knows more about you than you do yourself, I want you to keep in mind that every comment on your application is not a personal attack against you and that they are just trying to express that you need to handle that anger you have when it comes staff and rules that you do not think are fair. 
I'm really glad you apologized to them after you calmed down but in the heat of the moment you need to stop and redirect your thoughts and think about what you need to say to get your point across because swearing and getting angry just makes things worse. I know some rules and situations can be very frustrating but we need to follow rules and procedures when dealing with serious Server issues. 

Im trying to keep you out of trouble, be good. :)
When Life Give You Lemons, Make Fucking Lemonade! 

-Katie Heart (Stinky Ph Player)
Hello Tekki:
Please bare with me as this is my first time doing this.
The first time I have seen you really within Prop Hunt was on the discord server complaining about how no staff is present all the time. I can tell you from the month or so I've been on staff that it can be very trying sometimes when you get a big influx of people. You have to juggle a couple things at a time at some points while trying to keep voice chat clear of any problems, It takes a lot of patience and effort and I don't think you could handle that. There is a lot of people talking, being bad on the mic and people might even complain that you muted their friend. You have to take all that in stride. Even though you apologized (which I think was a really good thing), you cannot be combative towards staff members because if you were on the admin team then they would be your teammates - not your enemy.

It's also arrogant to think that staff members can be present 100% of the time. That would be an easy way to get burnt out and not enjoy the game like you used to. The main factor for me though is patience. It takes time and working with other team members to make sure and to double check what we are doing is correct. It takes time to learn and get better at moderating a prop hunt server. I am still learning even after a month (or so).

What I suggest is take some time and work on your anger and try to be a team player. Make an introduction and make friends with the people around you. Just enjoy playing prop hunt and enjoying the people around you. Help staff out by reporting on the discord server or using "@". Once you're comfortable and more at ease with everything then you should reapply.
Don't take this post as dissing you. I encourage you to read this and take to heart what I say then reapply later on.

Much love,

Loki

[Image: b_560x95.png]
Hey man,

Thanks for applying. So reading over others comments and some of your responses, I can agree that things can be annoying or stressful, but expecting staff to live on the server 24/7 is completely unrealistic. We are all humans who have lives. I can appreciate that you may need to take a step back and reevaluate something, trust me when I say I'm no fuckin saint and have for SURE had to come back after something has happened with either fellow staff or a player and apologize for an incident. But its not something that happens often, at all. I can count on one had I have had to come back and re-hash something out in an appropriate manner. That being said, its clear you're lacking in the skill of self control when it comes to a stressful or uncomfortable issue.

Also, stating that you only want to be on the server, not the discord and the forums is a bit of a concern. While you will not be required to staff on there unless specifically applied for a position, you still need to remain somewhat active and in touch with what is happening. You also need to know when/how to report something that may have been missed by other staff.

I do not think you are ready, nor are you capable of handling a server yet.

For that reason, I'm going with a -1
Go away
You've received plenty of critique to grow on if you choose to listen to what people are telling you. I believe that you also need to mature and not show such blatant favoritism moving forward to have a chance at staff in the future.

Denied. The earliest you may apply again is 11/24/2020.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army