Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apes Together Strong
I'm assuming you are talking about my ban on shaye. I asked shaye if they had any defense or explanation and the response was no just ban me. So I banned with the message appeal on forumes. Very simple.
There are some things I want to address that you stated:

I'm not going to speak for other staff here, this is strictly my opinion. 

1.  I would like to state that I feel as if I am respected/liked by both people who are "toxic" and people who are "sticklers." I really understand your frustration, but nothing annoys me more than when individuals generalize others. Instead of saying "you wonder why the staff is disliked so much" or "screw the admins," maybe start directing at who you actually think the problem is. The reason you've been met with such backlash on this post, mainly from STAFF, is because you've generalized us all with that comment. Call out individuals who you think are part of the problem in a separate thread, present a strong case (I'm not going to say "evidence" because I'd rather see a solid case without screenshots than a bunch of screenshots that are jumbled around and don't make sense). If it's an issue, the staff team will deal with it accordingly.

2. I have no idea what exactly happened when Shaye was banned, nor do I care. I love the guy, but if he tells the moderator that he has zero defense, there isn't much I can do to try and argue why he should be unbanned. Another issue I have is the way you went about addressing your frustration. For someone who calls us out  as  people who treat this community 
"as a job/courtroom/place to regain a sense of control that you've lost IRL," what you are showing is blatant hypocrisy. Why go through making a forum post if you think it's just a game? HOWEVER, I can see the merit behind the notion that some individuals take this server stuff too seriously and need to loosen up a little bit, BUT this isn't the way to tell people that. 

3. With all due respect, I don't really think anyone cares about what happened on previous Garry's Mod servers you played on. Just like anything else in the world, the way people play and act on games change. It's annoying, but sometimes change is good. There is definitely a difference in having fun and being toxic, just to state the obvious. What causes the line to be crossed is when individuals turn a joke into borderline harassment, targeting, etc. I am all about having stupid fun, but you cannot allow it to be at the expense of someone else UNLESS they have specifically said they're okay with it.

I mean I was willing to work with shaye and I offered the chance for him to defend himself which is more than most people get.
[Image: etsydf.jpg]
Highlights of this thread:
"Everyone who was talking shit to the reporter should not because that can borderline on harassment"
"There's really no disconnect either lol."
"There's a post like this every month at this point"
"TTT used to be way more strict whenever I first started staffing."

PS ive never been banned aside from a day ban bc my friend was messing with me. The staff are cool to me. I am just pointing out that the forums are a hypersensitive echo chamber, which all but 2 of you accidentally proved right.
So basically you are taking my sentence out of context? I said if the player was bothered by it. Sometimes people are actually messing around with each other since they are friends. Which is understandable, but they still have to follow the rules while messing around.
What did you expect posting this kind of thread? If we are all hyper sensitive on the forums did you really think any of us were going to enable you? I've been playing this game longer than you've had your steam account. I've seen many great communities rise and fall and never once in my time playing gmod have I encountered a server that has lasted as long as this one while using the methods of behavior management you are describing. We exist as staff to keep a balance of fun while keeping the game and rules on track because some people believe it or not don't play ttt just to fuck around. When you close that motd the expectation of you the player is not only have you read our rules but also that you agree to them. If you have any actual suggestions I'd recommend finding examples and presenting them with valid points and not just doing the equivalent of walking up to us trying to sound all swag money and attack our egos.
TLDR; I dont care about you who you are or how long you've played follow the rules or go back to modern warfare 2 lobbies for the kind of experience you're looking for.
I'm the one that made the ban request. I've also told Shaye that I will most definitely give him a +1 for reduction. The fact of the matter is he messes around a little TOO much. I don't dislike him, the opposite in fact. He's a nice guy, he just needs to quit fucking about and learn to follow the rules better. That's my two cents.
[Image: Skay_-_Signature.png?size=4096]
I mean no one is forcing you to play on this server, you could totally go play on a different ttt server if you don't like the rules here.
[img][Image: bAal77J.gif]
Your topic title confuses me.
Also we already had a thread for this.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=12672
[Image: 0e7d9b52b0a8da003d3bf791934a67c3.gif]

[Image: ngt65CF.gif]