Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jedasis
Offender's Name: Jedasis

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:44429375

Potential Witnesses: icey, sitting duck

Reason to Ban: Mass Rdm

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/dbf9EtH

This guy is a donator too I'm pretty sure so I don't know why he thought this was a good idea.
It's a bit BM to comment on your own ban request post, but I thought I should clarify some things, seeing as I was harassed by Jesse during play when I joined today.

1. When I smacked two people with a crowbar at the beginning of the round, I hadn't realized the round had started while I was smacking someone. That's my bad, but it isn't RDM.

2. When I killed Styg and shot Cpt. Tiffy to near death I thought both were Ts. A t trap had gone off in front of me and killed someone. I reasoned that one of them had activated it.

3. Prime had walked in and I was jumpy and killed him. This is my bad, but according to the log in this post he threw a discombobulator in a room full of instadeath. I'd be willing to take a slay for this.

Overall, the infractions I committed are worth at most a double slay in accordance to the rules. However, I had probable cause for one of the kills. Normally, I wouldn't pay a post like this much mind, but Jesse DMing me through an entire map was way beyond what he needed to do for this post.
He/Him/His
I mean mass rdm is usually a perma ban. That is why I was messaging you and asking you why you did this since you are a donor and stuff. The reasons you just stated for killing people and hitting people were still rdm. You can’t just kill someone because you think they did something. I wasn’t even harassing you I was just asking and trying to explain. I’m sorry if you felt like I was harassing though and I apologize if it seemed that way. Maybe I could of tried explaining/asking better I guess. I do want to say one more thing though. The guy threw the discombob after you started shooting him. But that’s all I’m saying now. Again I’m sorry.
(10-15-2020, 12:02 PM)Jedasis Wrote: It's a bit BM to comment on your own ban request post, but I thought I should clarify some things, seeing as I was harassed by Jesse during play when I joined today.

1. When I smacked two people with a crowbar at the beginning of the round, I hadn't realized the round had started while I was smacking someone. That's my bad, but it isn't RDM.

This would count as attempted RDM, the only real instance in which it would not be is if the players have no issue with it. It is your responsibility to keep track of the timer on your screen.

2. When I killed Styg and shot Cpt. Tiffy to near death I thought both were Ts. A t trap had gone off in front of me and killed someone. I reasoned that one of them had activated it.

Killing people based off of t traps is not allowed as they can be activated through walls and such, it is also not under the list of reasons to kos in the ttt motd. So both of these would count as RDM

3. Prime had walked in and I was jumpy and killed him. This is my bad, but according to the log in this post he threw a discombobulator in a room full of instadeath. I'd be willing to take a slay for this.

Logs show he threw the discombob as you killed him, not before. so this would also be considered rdm.

Overall, the infractions I committed are worth at most a double slay in accordance to the rules. However, I had probable cause for one of the kills. Normally, I wouldn't pay a post like this much mind, but Jesse DMing me through an entire map was way beyond what he needed to do for this post.
Did at least 3 involved report or intend they wanted to report if no staff online? If not I'm not sure a perma can be justified here unless 3 involved reported - I say that because the offender is defending himself now.

(10-15-2020, 12:02 PM)Jedasis Wrote: It's a bit BM to comment on your own ban request post, but I thought I should clarify some things, seeing as I was harassed by Jesse during play when I joined today.

Actually it tells me you want to defend yourself against the accusations levied prior to the ban being passed.

By rule it is technically reportable and slayable since it is 20 damage. Unless the second guy who only got 1 swing reported, I wouldn't take it into account when counting towards a mass.

If you aren't 100% sure don't do it. Neither of these individuals activated it (Prime did) so thus this would be RDM X2.

Ditto, ruined a guy's T round. Up to RDMx3

My opinion is unless 3/4 victims reported, give him 3 slays or a short 3-day or 1-week ban. This sounds more situational to me than malicious. I've seen mass RDMers given x3 slays before instead of immediate permaban as situations differ, and I think this is deserving of some staff discretion.
But by the letter of the rule, this is mass rdm and eligible for permaban.

-1 permaban
+0 ban
+1 slay x3
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(10-15-2020, 03:19 PM)Jammin Wrote: Did at least 3 involved report or intend they wanted to report if no staff online? If not I'm not sure a perma can be justified here unless 3 involved reported - I say that because the offender is defending himself now.

(10-15-2020, 12:02 PM)Jedasis Wrote: -snip-

My opinion is unless 3/4 victims reported, give him 3 slays or a short 3-day or 1-week ban. This sounds more situational to me than malicious. I've seen mass RDMers given x3 slays before instead of immediate permaban as situations differ, and I think this is deserving of some staff discretion.
But by the letter of the rule, this is mass rdm and eligible for permaban.

-1 permaban
+0 ban
+1 slay x3
No staff was on so no one could report. I don’t know if anyone would give him x3 slays for this though since I do agree a perma ban can be excessive for this it is still mass. If he does get perma banned though I’m sure he can appeal either way. I would even 1+ a reduction possibly, depend on how he appeal too. Anyway, I guess all that can be done now is wait for ttt staff to issue a decision on this then since I said my peace now. X3 slays would probably be fine if staff allowed it, but if not a appeal is still an option. He should also probably reread the motd after this.
I'll go ahead and add 4 slays rather than jumping to a perma. 2 for attempted RDM (hitting two people for 20+) and 2 for the other RDMs. A T-button based T-trap cannot be used as a valid KOS reason
[Image: b_560x95.png]