Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's Talk: Dealing with Conflict Professionally
I understand what you're trying to do here in helping others see easier conflict resolution ideas, which is fantastic; the down side is that those who actually need to read this sort of thing don't care. Many people just like to watch the world burn or are looking for a fight just to fight. 

I understand from experience about conflict resolution, having held many administrative positions and currently dealing with many stubborn people in the military. 

The simple truth is, people don't care to change when they think they're right. Even if all the science/logic in the world says otherwise (see flat earth theory), some people will just stick to their guns. 

On another note this is the internet, not just that but a gaming forum. I don't think people take things here seriously majority of the time, if they do that's their choice of course. 

A simple solution for resolving conflict, talk to the person you have beef with. If you still have beef after that, mutually agree to not speak with each other or just don't talk to them. I'm not talking about being an obnoxious dick towards them, but be the bigger person. All this petty bickering back and forth on forums/discord is childish to say the least. 

Act your age, not your shoe size. 

And if anyone has an issue with me, feel free to message me as my DM's and inbox are always open for a chat.
(10-13-2020, 05:32 PM)The Triangle Wrote: I understand what you're trying to do here in helping others see easier conflict resolution ideas, which is fantastic; the down side is that those who actually need to read this sort of thing don't care. Many people just like to watch the world burn or are looking for a fight just to fight. 

I understand from experience about conflict resolution, having held many administrative positions and currently dealing with many stubborn people in the military. 

The simple truth is, people don't care to change when they think they're right. Even if all the science/logic in the world says otherwise (see flat earth theory), some people will just stick to their guns.
Sooner or later though. People who think they are always right or just doesn’t care eventually will run into problems themselves. It might not happen soon but it will most likely happen sometime.