Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Shut Up" Rule
Gagging someone for saying "shut up" seems like an excuse for mods to grasp for power, guess I'll stay away from the other servers than TTT
(10-25-2020, 12:23 PM)Nekomancer Wrote: Gagging someone for saying "shut up" seems like an excuse for mods to grasp for power, guess I'll stay away from the other servers than TTT
I don’t really think it’s a grasp for power. How would do that be a grasp for power anyway? Just follow the rules. It’s not that hard mostly. Ph is different then ttt anyway. It has a younger environment I guess you could say probably. I still have fun playing on the server mostly without any problems.
So im not for or against either side of the argument here and its been about a year or so since ive actually been on ph so im not well informed on the player base but if you had to guess what would you say is the adverage age range of those playing prop hunt?
It's established by both sides that PH is very different than TTT, just cause TTT has this way of functioning doesn't mean everything that makes TTT fun will work on the other servers because it's not the same thing. PH is fun to us, we keep the peace and we find ways to have fun and laugh. Thinking that your way of fun is being hindered by this simple rule of just being respectful to players is very closed minded. We understand it's the internet, we understand it's just a game and it shouldn't be taken so seriously, but in our small PH community we are going to keep it like we have been running it. People who regular on it like it that way. Salty you come from TTT so the way you have fun there will be different on PH. My simple advice is suck it up buttercup because that's how things are and it works. There's plenty of other PH servers you can go and act like you want. The whole notion of "if they don't want to hear someone saying shut up or listen to people just mute them" people shouldn't have to mute anyone in the first place, but people always going to be an asshole one way or another. It's not TTT so we aren't going to be TTT.  Bring a shovel because there's going to be lots of snow and sorry hot coco for PH regulars only
It's the internet people going to say what they want. 
Imagine letting one dude telling you to shut up ruin your entire experience couldn't be me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Side note your models aren't very PG for the "child friendly" server, but I could be in the minority for that, but is a discussion for a different thread :)
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(10-25-2020, 01:23 PM)Happy Wrote: It's the internet people going to say what they want. 
Imagine letting one dude telling you to shut up ruin your entire experience couldn't be me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Side note your models aren't very PG for the "child friendly" server, but I could be in the minority for that, but is a discussion for a different thread :)

Imagine taking an entire thread that has been had decent discussion, being grown with a difference of opinions and ideas, then shrinking it back down and then throwing something else in that has very little to do with the thread. That is a discussion for a different thread I would guess.

I'll summarize, if you want to come onto PH and be an asshole to other players because they use a microphone and they happen to be  female or a child you're going to get reprimanded with a warning or two, then gagged. It is the internet and people say what they want but that doesn't mean there aren't consequences for what is said. The "shut up" rule also known as not being a dickhead to other players or aka being respectful to others rule will stay and probably not be altered.

All I ask is that staff understand the context why someone is telling others to stfu and if you come on the server to make sure that you understand that if you are going to be a dick to others for no good reason, you will probably not enjoy your stay. That is how it has been for quite some time and will continue to be to the best of our abilities as long as I'm here.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Also this should go without saying but this is a suggestion thread so chill with the shitposting. Especially TTT staff.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(10-25-2020, 01:37 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 01:23 PM)Happy Wrote: It's the internet people going to say what they want. 

Imagine taking an entire thread that has been had decent discussion, being grown with a difference of opinions and ideas, then shrinking it back down and then throwing something else in that has very little to do with the thread. That is a discussion for a different thread I would guess.

This is a very narrow-minded response coming from an Admin. There's no reason why Happy can't make the point that you shouldn't be trying to make the server child friendly while having not-so-child friendly models. I'm sure you didn't mean for it to come off this way, but it just seems like you're trying to shut down his opinion because you disagree with it. If anybody else said something like this they'd be ripped apart by the entire staff team for being toxic.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your comment because I don't play PH anymore, and therefore don't know most of what goes on there.
(10-25-2020, 03:01 PM)Jordanian Sniper Wrote:
(10-25-2020, 01:37 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote:

This is a very narrow-minded response coming from an Admin. There's no reason why Happy can't make the point that you shouldn't be trying to make the server child friendly while having not-so-child friendly models. I'm sure you didn't mean for it to come off this way, but it just seems like you're trying to shut down his opinion because you disagree with it. If anybody else said something like this they'd be ripped apart by the entire staff team for being toxic.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your comment because I don't play PH anymore, and therefore don't know most of what goes on there.

I would like to add that those models were requested and voted by the community (at the time) when they were added. Although the two admins could have said no to them.
As for the shut up rule, a couple of others have already said this, there is a client-side mute, they can use that instead of telling others to shut up it can cause things to escalate.
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
I think the idea of saying those certain less child friendly models are an issue for another thread, and saying that they're okay because they're community-voted models, are both just wrong. The entire crux of the conversation is that PH is the PG server, which is fair, we all know that and are not trying to compare it to TTT in that regard. I would not expect to have anything anywhere near as bad said in PH. But, the entire point here, even though we want to try to say it's about being respectful, is that it's because it's a PG server. Which means having non-PG models in is contradictory, as those models are much less PG than a simple "shut up" directed towards someone for any number of reason. Which, from my understanding, there have been moments it has been said and the person saying it has been punished despite them saying it in response to harassment. Which also isn't very PG, but staff seemed to have decided the shut up was worse than harassment.

Those models being a community decision are also irrelevant, as you're supposed to be keeping the idea that there are small children on in mind, who don't have educated thoughts about things and need guided at times. That's why when a kid walks into a rated R movie without their parent there, it's up to the workers to turn them away because that movie isn't appropriate for them, which movie theater workers do.

Essentially, you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to say you're a PG server, be PG in all regards. If you want to get rid of that idea, don't pretend you are and let people defend themselves when necessary.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)