Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Couple of Rule Changes
(10-27-2020, 05:47 PM)Nicol Wrote: Due to an issue with maps not correctly switching the old mapvote was replaced with the current one. The new one does not have a map cooldown. I will however experiment with re-adding the old mapvote as the issue was not because of it and has seemed to have fixed itself.

Ah yes, the good ol "something else is causing problems for this addon, let's remove the addon instead of removing whatever is actually causing the issue"
I'm going to take into account most things people have mentioned here and the things that have been dm'd to me. I've been working on making a personal rework of the rules and staff guidelines (not to be implemented, just an idea to pitch to Dink and Nicol), so if it is something huge just dm me it because I'll likely miss it on forums.
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
(10-28-2020, 07:50 PM)Jordanian Sniper Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 05:47 PM)Nicol Wrote: Due to an issue with maps not correctly switching the old mapvote was replaced with the current one. The new one does not have a map cooldown. I will however experiment with re-adding the old mapvote as the issue was not because of it and has seemed to have fixed itself.

Ah yes, the good ol "something else is causing problems for this addon, let's remove the addon instead of removing whatever is actually causing the issue"

Yes bc I instantly knew the exact issue whenever it happened and definitely did it because I thought it'd be a funny prank
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(10-29-2020, 12:12 AM)Nicol Wrote:

Yes bc I instantly knew the exact issue whenever it happened and definitely did it because I thought it'd be a funny prank

Me when I don't look into an issue and instead just delete whatever isn't working
(10-29-2020, 04:18 PM)Jordanian Sniper Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 05:47 PM)Nicol Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

Me when I don't look into an issue and instead just delete whatever isn't working
To be fair Jordanian, Nicol probably didn’t have enough time to look into the issue at the time. The issue might of been more complicated then one might think but I’m just guessing here. Garrys mod addons and other scripts and all in between are most likely confusing sometimes anyway. This game is old after all. Nicol was the only person working on it anyway right? Anyway I could be completely wrong though.
(10-29-2020, 04:24 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 04:18 PM)Jordanian Sniper Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 05:47 PM)Nicol Wrote: -snip-
-snip-

To be fair Jordanian, Nicol probably didn’t have enough time to look into the issue at the time. The issue might of been more complicated then one might think but I’m just guessing here. Garrys mod addons and other scripts and all in between are most likely confusing sometimes anyway. This game is old after all. Nicol was the only person working on it anyway right? Anyway I could be completely wrong though.

Not having enough time to look into an issue when it becomes an issue isn't really an excuse. That's like if your dog shit on the floor, and since you don't have the time to train the dog to not do that, you just shoot the dog.
(10-29-2020, 04:47 PM)Jordanian Sniper Wrote: Not having enough time to look into an issue when it becomes an issue isn't really an excuse. That's like if your dog shit on the floor, and since you don't have the time to train the dog to not do that, you just shoot the dog.

Not really a good example. No one is dying from them changing the mapvote system. If he doesnt know what addon is causing the conflict it isnt such a bad thing to find a temp fix. Also, staff have lives outside of this server. they arent required to put this server first. Nicol works the majority of the day and so does Dong. Not all staff have to no life the server to fix things immediately.
I do miss the old map vote though, the old map vote had extra donor votes correct? If so I hope that comes back soon whenever it’s possible.
Updated with Door Blocking Warnings
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]