Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Put Burb To The Test
Ingame Name: Burb

SteamID: Removed

Time Played: 289 hours.

When First Joined: “June 26th, 2020 @ 12:00AM” 

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I am available from around 1pm until 11pm EST. I used to play for about one to two hours at a time, but lately have been checking the discord and getting on when pinged. 

Rank Desired: Tmod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community: 
Currently: I’m a trusted (yay!) so I still spend most of my time trying to keep chat clear of racism/sexism/slurs. Other than this I have used !bring/!tp as needed like I described in my previous app. For the most part, I stick to the punishments listed in Murder Rules but obviously this is hard when the punishment is a ban. While I can continue to ping tmods or mods on if a ban is needed, I do think I’m at the point where I can be trusted as a tmod. 

As Tmod: I would have access to !ban (as well as csay, but for the purposes of this app I’m going to focus on !ban). Considering the last three ban requests I have made, and the recent times I’ve been pinged on call, I do think having the ability to ban people for a day would be helpful. While I can give a player 100 slays and type up a ban request, it is a bit hard to constantly mute and gag players that are evading punishment. I say this because lately there has been a lot of chat/micspam and racism.

Why you want to help the community: 
Murder has been consistently understaffed and underplayed since the end of summer and this is something I'd like to see change. I want to see the server grow and return back to being more active. . .This is a gamemode that I really love playing, and I want other people to be able to enjoy it just as much as I do - free from spam, RDM, and other nuisances. 

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Nope!*

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): Trusted App

How did you find us?: My friends and I were talking about Murder, and I hadn’t played for a few years so I went looking to see if there are still Murder communities out there and made my home in this one. 

Other: https://www.gametracker.com/player/Burb/74.91.112.89:27015/
*I get a lot of joke bans on TTT, but I have never received a ban on murder.

The server has been relatively low-pop recently and as a result I have not played a lot of murder. While my gameplay has been lacking recently, I still take my position seriously and am always available to come on and help when I am pinged or become aware of a situation on the server. 

//This was also a lot longer than it needed to be, whoops//
I've played Murder one time, with Burb the only staff on, and it was actually shockingly hectic that time, like at TTT level almost, and Burb handled that like a champ. Keeps a level head, doesn't let trolls get to here. Even in TTT she pushes people to follow the rules and makes sure no one is being overly toxic, often reminding people of rules and getting someone who can act in her stead for people being overly naughty. I'm just a TTT staffy boi, but she definitely has the ability to go farther, especially if it's not as well s taffed as it should be.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
she knows the rules, she's a beloved figure for murder players, fair, and she knows when its time to bring the hammer down on people. I think letting her move up to the next step is a good move
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Burb has been pretty active in terms of Discord/Forums so that's no issue. And while Murder isn't as active as it was during the summer, I've seen Burb handle trolls and troublemakers professionally, while still keeping the server fun. She engages a lot with the other players and is certainly one (hell of a) good staff member. I feel like upgrading to TMOD will enhance her staffing more and she certainly is ready for it. 

+1
[Image: dinkleshitsignaturetiny.jpg]
I'll be honest with you.I have no problem with you. I believe you are ready for T-Mod .You can handle anything on the server .I trust you, but I want you to be active in more murder , Are you active for only 5 days in the last 30 days ? I don't believe it's that important (Server is death )and I give you +1
+1 she was a homie in murder and she does a fine job at TTT. She's 10/10 material
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
-1 i say no to simps

Just based off of our interactions on TTT i'd easily +1 this application, and I believe these characteristics will help in murder.
Just note that I don't know the rules of murder, etc so I only give an opinion on Burb's staffing ability based on TTT interactions.
Good luck! :)

+1
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
From my view, Burb been very active on forums and discord,

at times I do read up murder relay and when its get bad or when there a murder staff ping in murder chat.

Burb springs into action fast than any other staff on the murder section who are available at that time.

Burb looks like she is ready to be promoted to a Test Mod, since even though murder does dies and at times one foot in the grave, she does respond when there an on-call ping which both good and bad since other murder trusted at times are also available when she not via time zone or when they are away from any pc that has gmod on it.

I'll +1

since interacting with her on discord and in Phasmophobia, she a good addition to the Test Mods.
[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
(11-01-2020, 06:55 PM)Burb Wrote:
Why you want to help the community: 
Murder has been consistently understaffed and underplayed since the end of summer and this is something I'd like to see change. I want to see the server grow and return back to being more active. . .This is a gamemode that I really love playing, and I want other people to be able to enjoy it just as much as I do - free from spam, RDM, and other nuisances. 

The server has been relatively low-pop recently and as a result I have not played a lot of murder. While my gameplay has been lacking recently, I still take my position seriously and am always available to come on and help when I am pinged or become aware of a situation on the server. 

https://imgur.com/XWQ6QXV

I'm going to have to agree with Norm Minder here; it's not your fault that Murder is dead; however, your activity still presents an issue in your case for being promoted, in my opinion. Once there isn't week gaps in between when you play, this is a super easy +1. 

For now, it's a 0 from me. 

Good luck on your app, Burb.
So, to kind of refute the point of Burb's game time over the past month, no one's game time is good. Here's a chart of all of the 'active' staff, and one inactive staff member as he was the only one of them who had any in the past month (which was also more than all of the "active" members)

Nero is the only active staff member that has more game time, as M13 is inactive. Nemo is a somewhat close second, which says a lot. You can't judge lack of game time on a bad server, and making sure the still (second) most dedicated staff member has all of the tools she requires to be an effective staff member is important, and cuts back on a lot of the work of the rest of the staff team.

*edit* Also nero and her are probably about tied it just looks like he has more because it's in one big clump.
*edit to the edit* i have been informed that nero isn't even staff anymore so that just drives my point further

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)