ban appeal
Edit: after some thought this morning I've softened my stance on unban but I feel the facts still remain relevant.
I will address these in-line in RED, then will post my official opinion below.
(11-11-2020, 10:29 PM)Captain Price WoGs Wrote: 1. Gcubed was part of it he told gimmick to come to the bowling place where you find weapons instead of shoes so he false reported.
Whatever GCubed did or didn't say to bait you into doing this, you still armed the c4. You are in control of your own actions. There is never a reason for an inno to arm a c4.
2. I never been banned before minus the part where soup wanted to do c4 roulette and he didn't even give time for people around us to move btw and
This is literally false. You were banned twice before; this is your third ban.
RDM & Leave: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/tttbans/...1604205731
Micspam & trolling: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/tttbans/...1574131487

3. the rdm and leave was not rdm since one the guy I "rdm" called a false kos on me so than he false reported me.
Without evidence on the old ban not much we can do about it. Whether the ban was warranted or not it is still on the record.
4. I never trolled or consent micspam so idk where you got that from?
That is from the literal description in the ban at the link above. Apparently you logged on sometime last year and got tempbanned for it.
5. also if they didn't want to be part of c4 roulette they would have left the room they just wanted to get me karma banned or banned they did it on purpose i gave enough time for them not to go near office btw.
Arming a c4 as an inno is technically teaming, any kills resulting from that are accountable to you. If you arm the c4 you take those chances.
This is an unban request related to mass RDM. Generally, a first-time ban for mass RDM is reversable, especially as time passes. However, this is not the first offense - Price previously played c4 roulette and was subsequently warned that day by staff. Also this is the second ban relating to RDM.
While character does play into an unban request, it is secondary to resolving the reason of the ban request. As this is not a first-time ban request, and due to to excuses/lack of apology here, i'm having trouble supporting an unban just from the RDM standpoint.

I will give the following opinion:
-0 unban
+1 reduction ~ 1 week

My concerns regarding other issues - harassment, donor abuse, trying to enforce rules as if you were staff - while these are significant issues, these are addressed (and have been addressed) in separate venues. I will only add that with the warnings you've had for donor abuse and harassment of other players, if this were an unban request for issues relating to those reasons I would easily -1 any form of return to the ttt server, and would result in my +1ing a community ban. Frankly, I think you need a break from everything and some time to really reflect if this is the right place for you to spend your free time in. Because your previous behavior will not be tolerated in the future. You are already walking a dangerous line with these issues, and while it may not seem like a big deal to you, it seriously impacts the fun other players have on this server and in this community.

Edit: I feel my attempts to remain objective may have faltered. I update this to reflect a more practical opinion. He did get baited and GCubed false reported. But I'm still concerned about playing with someone who can get baited that easily.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
It certainly isn't any excuse for what happened but mass rdm by C4 just doesn't really seem comparable to someone flat out mass rdming. I've said it already but these people were fully aware of what was going on and went out of their way to get killed by that c4 for the sakes of trolling the kid.

I see plenty of people here on this thread calling out Captain Price for problematic behavior and causing problems but not really explaining further. I haven't encountered any problems when playing with Price and I consider him quite friendly if not a bit too talkative which is normal behavior for someone his age online.

This seems to me like a rash ban to quickly get rid of an annoying player, one who normally does no more hard than the rest of the regulars on the server, plenty of which could be banned for much the same offense.

Obviously no one here is willing to lift the ban but I do favor seeing the perm switched to a temp instead.

Whole Heartedly 1+ still because the kid is a fun person to play with and in no way seems like a malicious element to me.
I'd like to say this before everything else. I'm not a fan of Captain Price and honestly I was going to leave 
this report alone and hope he remain banned. But, that didn't sit right with me. With the amount of warns he 
received he should be punished. But, this a ban appeal for mass, not harassments, micspam, etc. Lets leave
that for another time/thread.

Regarding the First Report, he was punished following guide line, and was karma-banned. Yes, we should
take it in consideration. But, the deed has been dealt with and punishment were given. This is a ban request
for a familiar, but different situation.

Before we look at the kill logs, we should ask ourselves how did an inno get their hands on a C4. 
During the beginning of the logs, it shows NotRand buying a c4. About 30 seconds later, before
getting a chance to arm the c4, he came in conflict with Captain Price, causing him to drop his c4
after death.

You can look at the timestamp and see Rand hasn't armed his C4
A few more minutes in the round, Captain Price used NotRand's C4 and DESTROYED it. Now you may ask,
where did he get the C4 that killed everyone? To answer that question, GCubed bought that C4 and gave it to him.
Now, considering the fact that it was GCubed's C4. You could assumed either of two things.
1. Teaming - Giving an inno T weapons
or
2. Consent to C4 Roulette
At that moment, if I was Captain Price, I'd asked myself, "how would an unproven inno get a C4?" And immediately
assumed GCubed was a traitor. With this in mind, I wouldn't consider GCubed's report as valid. Considering he had 
a T-Weapon while unproven. Which is KOS-able. 
+1 Unban/Reduction
If unbanned, slap 1xslay. Unless, Nicky doesn't want to keep his forgive. Then 2xslay, 3xslay max.
If Reduction, I'd say 2 weeks max for 2 similar incident happening.
Regarding all other rule breaking claims, it should be handled separately. 
Other than that, I believe we should asked other people that was on during the incident their side of the story.

If you feel as if there are bits missing in the logs. Let me know, and I'll post the full logs

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, looking at the time of the plant, and explosion. There was more than 1 minute gap for everyone to leave.
http://prntscr.com/vhwcbr
+1 for a reduction since he obviously got baited and we should be fair to players
+1 for an unban or reduction

If someone gave a false report he shouldn't have been banned. Dan is right; some of you wanted to throw in other shit as well as what he was actually banned for, and that's just not cool. Make a separate thread if you want those different issues to be addressed/punished.
(11-12-2020, 04:29 AM)(s)dan Wrote: I'd like to say this before everything else. I'm not a fan of Captain Price and honestly I was going to leave 
this report alone and hope he remain banned. But, that didn't sit right with me. With the amount of warns he 
received he should be punished. But, this a ban appeal for mass, not harassments, micspam, etc. Lets leave
that for another time/thread.

Regarding the First Report, he was punished following guide line, and was karma-banned. Yes, we should
take it in consideration. But, the deed has been dealt with and punishment were given. This is a ban request
for a familiar, but different situation.

Before we look at the kill logs, we should ask ourselves how did an inno get their hands on a C4. 
During the beginning of the logs, it shows NotRand buying a c4. About 30 seconds later, before
getting a chance to arm the c4, he came in conflict with Captain Price, causing him to drop his c4
after death.

You can look at the timestamp and see Rand hasn't armed his C4
A few more minutes in the round, Captain Price used NotRand's C4 and DESTROYED it. Now you may ask,
where did he get the C4 that killed everyone? To answer that question, GCubed bought that C4 and gave it to him.
Now, considering the fact that it was GCubed's C4. You could assumed either of two things.
1. Teaming - Giving an inno T weapons
or
2. Consent to C4 Roulette
At that moment, if I was Captain Price, I'd asked myself, "how would an unproven inno get a C4?" And immediately
assumed GCubed was a traitor. With this in mind, I wouldn't consider GCubed's report as valid. Considering he had 
a T-Weapon while unproven. Which is KOS-able. 
+1 Unban/Reduction
If unbanned, slap 1xslay. Unless, Nicky doesn't want to keep his forgive. Then 2xslay, 3xslay max.
If Reduction, I'd say 2 weeks max for 2 similar incident happening.
Regarding all other rule breaking claims, it should be handled separately. 
Other than that, I believe we should asked other people that was on during the incident their side of the story.

If you feel as if there are bits missing in the logs. Let me know, and I'll post the full logs

EDIT:
I forgot to mention, looking at the time of the plant, and explosion. There was more than 1 minute gap for everyone to leave.
http://prntscr.com/vhwcbr
1. im not saying you think i team but i do not team im not that stupid to team with people since one that ruins peoples fun on games like among us or games that is muliplayer but number 2 is correct though.
I already expressed this opinion to one of the TTT admins earlier this morning, but I too am in favor of a reduction. As the banning moderator, I don't feel all that comfortable with the circumstances preceding the ban. I'm no friend of the player in question, yet my conscience was tingling this morning.

I am not in favor of a full unban, however, because this is not a first time offense. The player in question was previously warned for doing almost exactly the same thing just a couple days beforehand. Yet, he did it again with full knowledge that if he received three reports, a permaban would ensue.

I believe a reduction is warranted though. This clearly wasn't a malicious incident - the player wasn't some random troll that came on the server for 10 minutes beforehand with one intent only - to commit mass RDM.

Given his past bans and history with harassing/insulting other players, however, I suggest a reduced ban period of one month. I, of course, defer to the judgment of the admins on the question of the appropriate ban reduction period.
In the event that he was set up, he's still shown repeated effort to rdm large amounts of people when he gets his hands on something to do it with, despite being told previously not to do so because the fault would fall on him. If GCubed directly gave him C4, it was his choice to place it, and to my understanding, even if he gave warnings, as an inno killing other innos, the fault of their death still comes on him, as warns are a T on T thing more than anything, and I don't believe he warned about where it was, just that it existed, which is how Nicky died from it. I don't think any of the reports are really false, as I don't recall the words "C4 roulette" actually being used, and I'm not sure but I don't think GCubed ever even said to place it, but I could be wrong on that. Ultimately, I think he should take a month to reflect on his interactions with people, because it was ultimately his fault. If someone gives you a knife and doesn't mention using it ever and you stab your friends with it, the blame falls on you for stabbing them.

-1 for unban still, +1 for potential reduction
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
+0 unban and +1 reduction. Captain Price might have old offenses, but this time he was baited. Nimble Jack and (s)dan said it best.
Frankly in most cases i'd support a +1 unban for a situation like this. Especially with the haziness around a possible false report and a minimum-threshold 3 report window. And I did modify my comment above to better reflect my thoughts now that it is not 2 am.
However, in this unban appeal itself, there is one thing that I have noticed, and two things that I have not noticed, which stop me from +1 ing an unban:

Things I've seen:
1. Lies regarding ban history (outright denial on existence of previous 2 bans - one was appealed and not acted on, other was not appealed)

Things I haven't seen:
1. Acknowledgement/acceptance of their role in the action (baited or not, you still armed it) and recognition that this is against the rules
2. Apology & a logical path forward post-ban (aka, "i will not do this again")
3. Apology & expression of remorse to the individuals killed that didn't consent to being killed.

I stand by my rating of -0 unban and +1 reduction.
While I am still not factoring other issues into my rating, I do factor in behavioral issues typed in text in the unban report itself. I am not factoring his other issues (harassment, targeting, donor abuse, etc.)
I'm also concerned about the future. What is to stop you from going up the next level? Haha, i sniped someone from tower because thats funny? Haha, I false reported Gcubed becuase thats funnY? The overall temperment and how easily you got baited, after being warned (and given a second chance) is concerning. Without an apology for doing it, I don't see this getting better. Yes, there is some blame to be shared, but Price made a conscience decision to perform an action that resulted in at minimum 2 valid reports. And he was just warned about doing that exact action (arming c4's as inno) a few days prior.

I remain at:
-0 unban
+1 reduction ~ 1 week
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks