Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is something I just need to talk about
(11-17-2020, 05:28 PM)mcpat_rick Wrote: I was on at the time all this was happening as well. For the record, I don't remember iamjorge giving any persmission to sing. From what I remember, it was only one other guy who was talking that said yes, but they weren't a donor or staff or anything like that.

I left shortly before the map change from youturd so I wasn't there for the second part.
So know you wanna argue that what I said wasn't true? You people are all really hard to argue with.

(11-17-2020, 03:40 PM)[test] pianoman4490 Wrote: If i may take a line from Cool Hand Luke, "What we got here is a failure to communicate".  While it is ok to sing a line or two from a song, and while you may have had permission to from a donor or someone else, they neglected to inform you that any more then that is considered mic spam.  However, arguing with a staff member is more serious and the gag/mute for that is justified.  This seems very cut and dry.  But, like others have said, without video proof of wrongdoing, no action can be taken.
The problem is that I couldn't have a serious argument with the staff, how do you think that fixes the problem gagging? Your rules are easily related to Donor/Staff Abuse.

(11-17-2020, 05:58 PM)Alora Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 05:28 PM)mcpat_rick Wrote: I was on at the time all this was happening as well. For the record, I don't remember iamjorge giving any persmission to sing. From what I remember, it was only one other guy who was talking that said yes, but they weren't a donor or staff or anything like that.

I left shortly before the map change from youturd so I wasn't there for the second part.

He could have said it in team chat (which is probably why I couldn't find it in relay), I was on the opposite team so I didn't see anything. I also don't remember which team his friend was on, I'm pretty sure it was my team as well, so I doubt this was the case, plus jorge was talking in the global text so it wouldn't make sense for him too.
This is a your word vs mine dude, I remember one donor and specifically iamjorge replying yes
Alright this thread is getting a little bit too crazy.

Let's break it down:
Theodor — You feel wronged by being gagged because you had permission by a player to sing into the mic. There is no evidence of their answer in our relay system, however, I'm not going to say you're lying though. You say that Alora never gave you a warning, or said no to you singing, and gagged you. Then, the map changed and Kiwi got on the server. From there you wanted to simply converse with the members of staff as to your situation. However, you were deemed to be arguing with staff and were gagged for it.

Although, yes, a player did give you permission to sing the rules do say that is classified as mic spam. Alora knows that and did give you a warning then a gag. In all honesty, I believe this situation should have been handled differently, however, I do not know what all happened in game either. From looking at Alora's response she said that you were already gagged for mic spam before this much greater gag. With that information alone this was a normal gag for mic spam and just a enforcement of the rules.

In the next map I, honestly, don't feel as though you were, so to say, "arguing" with staff. Mainly it was just your tone that made it seem like it. However, the rules were still enforced from the evidence Kiwi submitted. You were beginning to monopolize the chat and that was all that was happening in the game which isn't the greatest thing. With that and how you were presenting yourself it was starting to become hostile which lead to the conclusion of you arguing with staff.

It was great that, eventually, you did come to the forums to get the situation talked about and brought to light. It would have been better if you'd had more evidence to show your case, though. I know I wasn't present in-game but, as I've said before, I do believe the in-game (and this) situation should have been held differently. If what you say is true (that you were just going to sing a quick bit) it would have been fine in my standards. Yes, if it were to persist that would have been a larger issue. But I was not there and I was not the one to gag you.

In the end, however, this is not abuse.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]
I’m not going to go into my opinion on this matter as I feel it’s all been said and talked to death. What I want to know is what you wanted to achieve from this thread? 

Was it clarification of the rules? 
To complain about staff?
To offer a solution to a problem you found? 
Or something else?
[Image: unknown.jpg]
(11-18-2020, 04:05 AM)Aki Wrote: Alright this thread is getting a little bit too crazy.

Let's break it down:
Theodor — You feel wronged by being gagged because you had permission by a player to sing into the mic. There is no evidence of their answer in our relay system, however, I'm not going to say you're lying though. You say that Alora never gave you a warning, or said no to you singing, and gagged you. Then, the map changed and Kiwi got on the server. From there you wanted to simply converse with the members of staff as to your situation. However, you were deemed to be arguing with staff and were gagged for it.

Although, yes, a player did give you permission to sing the rules do say that is classified as mic spam. Alora knows that and did give you a warning then a gag. In all honesty, I believe this situation should have been handled differently, however, I do not know what all happened in game either. From looking at Alora's response she said that you were already gagged for mic spam before this much greater gag. With that information alone this was a normal gag for mic spam and just a enforcement of the rules.

In the next map I, honestly, don't feel as though you were, so to say, "arguing" with staff. Mainly it was just your tone that made it seem like it. However, the rules were still enforced from the evidence Kiwi submitted. You were beginning to monopolize the chat and that was all that was happening in the game which isn't the greatest thing. With that and how you were presenting yourself it was starting to become hostile which lead to the conclusion of you arguing with staff.

It was great that, eventually, you did come to the forums to get the situation talked about and brought to light. It would have been better if you'd had more evidence to show your case, though. I know I wasn't present in-game but, as I've said before, I do believe the in-game (and this) situation should have been held differently. If what you say is true (that you were just going to sing a quick bit) it would have been fine in my standards. Yes, if it were to persist that would have been a larger issue. But I was not there and I was not the one to gag you.

In the end, however, this is not abuse.
I didn't get a warning btw, I don't know where that was, I was gagged once, then I asked permission the second time, but still got gagged cause Alora never responded to my permission request. And also it wasn't just one player, people keep saying that. From what I know there was at least 2-3 voices being ok with it, and yes one of them I remember as iamjorge

(11-18-2020, 09:25 AM)[pink] Pixie Soldier Wrote: I’m not going to go into my opinion on this matter as I feel it’s all been said and talked to death. What I want to know is what you wanted to achieve from this thread? 

Was it clarification of the rules? 
To complain about staff?
To offer a solution to a problem you found? 
Or something else?
Well I've shown most of my issues, but the replies I'm getting sometimes are completely false from what I already said. So what I want to "achieve" is so people can stop looking at this badly.
Alright thank you for replying back.
In regards to you not being warned looking back into relay Alora did indeed warn you. It may not have been exactly towards you but it was a warning.
Thank you for bringing up that there were more voices giving you permission. I'm not saying you're lying but there isn't any evidence at this present moment that backs up your statement. Even with that fact though singing into the mic is still classified as mic spam.

You say you want everyone to not see this post as you being a bad person. I get that but what was the main focus for you to make this other than being told to take it to these forums?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]
(11-17-2020, 11:59 PM)Theodor Wrote:

So know you wanna argue that what I said wasn't true? You people are all really hard to argue with.

Yeah I kinda do. I don't see anything in the relay about iamjorge giving you permission. I am unsure if the relay includes team chat, and I can't remember who was on whose team but I really doubt they used team to give you permission; people don't typically use team chat unless its for talking about spots, or other ingame happenings. I've also played with them over the course of a few days, I've never seen them use voice chat so once again, I doubt they gave you permission over vc. Not to mention that even if iamjorge gave you permission, them telling you it is okay doesn't make much a difference as they are not staff and thus it is still considered spam. 

We aren't hard to argue with. You came here to make a report, posted next to no evidence, and bashed everyone who said otherwise. You are the hard one to argue with.
Since there is no evidence supporting the mic spam in any way nor does it seem that iamjorge wants to come comment on this it seems, I will close and lock this thread. The relay does not show team chat so it could have been said over the microphone or team chat. Any portion of the watchlist that shows Theodore mic spamming will be removed. Alora has received the Trusted rank just before this thread was made so that will get rid of any issue of any further random donor vs donor Alora moments in the future. Please make sure to limit your singing on the server in the future and have a nice day.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army