Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Rule Clarification
Hello, I was reading the rules list but couldn't reach a conclusion about something. The mouse I use for games has no scrollwheel, which makes bhopping near-impossible cause you can't spam +jump. In case anyone on the server has seen my pathetic bhopping, this is why.

Will I get banned if I use autohotkey to spam +jump with a button instead of a scroll wheel? The rules list says:

Quote:5. Do Not Exploit, Hack, Metagame or Otherwise Avoid the Game's Intended Limits
This includes ghosting*, metagaming, hacking, and exploiting maps. Ghosting includes sharing any type of information with someone from the grave that could affect the outcome of a round, including staff. 
  • Do not try to escape the map bounds or exploit map/server bugs. 

• Do not team, which is aiding people you know are not on your team. 

• Do not put your client into 3rd person mode. 

• Do not intentionally attempt to crash the server. 

• Do not exploit or abuse the grappling hook to gain an unfair advantage such as flying horizontally with it. 

• Do not abuse console commands to exploit the way ingame items work. 
An exception to the metagaming rule is that you may use the number of remaining living players to deduce the number of living traitors, but only once the game has reached a point where there are so few traitors or players remaining that you cannot be wrong.

It just says don't hack, but I dunno if this would count as hacking. Autohotkey doesn't attach to the game or anything, just changes what commands a key press does. Please let me know.

Cheers
Generally, using autohotkey scripts to bhop have been not allowed by previous Admins and I have no reason to believe the current Admins would stray from that.
I would tend to agree, anything you input should be physically manipulated by you. E.g. scroll wheel is physically pushed by your fingers to do the bhops. I'll let someone smarter than me from staff confirm this.

But thank you for asking before actually implementing the autohotkey! Obviously that saves issues down the road.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
IT was all over when you said auto hot key
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
It's less of "hacking" and more of just cheating. Using a program to press buttons for you to achieve something that takes a lot of skill when done manually is pretty cheaty.

Now it sounds stupid, but with the jump pack, I used to be able to bunny hop a fair ways with just the spacebar, since you can time exactly when you hit the ground very accurately.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(11-16-2020, 12:47 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Now it sounds stupid, but with the jump pack, I used to be able to bunny hop a fair ways with just the spacebar, since you can time exactly when you hit the ground very accurately.
disgusting cretin
(11-16-2020, 06:01 AM)Jhindiana Jones Wrote: Generally, using autohotkey scripts to bhop have been not allowed by previous Admins and I have no reason to believe the current Admins would stray from that.

This is correct. 

Some can state it is cheating or hacking, but at the very least it is an unfair advantage and is not allowed at this time.
[Image: b_560x95.png]