Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop donors from evading punishment (usually)
I kinda slammed this onto some donor abuse thread a couple of weeks ago, but there's features integrated into ULX admin mod that restricts what certain user groups can do with certain commands. We can use this to prevent donors from unmuting and ungagging themselves.

Under ULX group management, you can set who a group can target, so that would be stuff like preventing users in the trusted group from running any commands on anyone that's a tmod or higher. I don't recommend this, because it restricts every single command, which isn't always what we want.
[Image: unknown.png]

What we want instead is to manage who someone can run a specific command on instead of managing who someone can run any command on. This is done through the same way permissions are assigned, except instead of just checking the box to grant them the permission, we use the additional options ULX provides to restrict more thoroughly what a user group can do with a command. Commands that can be ran on one or more players can be configured with the "Restrict players" option where we can set who exactly the command is allowed to execute on. To prevent donors from unmuting and ungagging themselves, we need to set this option to the "!^" wildcard, translating to "anyone except yourself".

Commands with restrictions set appear in red.
Now this is what happens when someone in the donor group tries to run this command on themselves:

The only downside to this is that whenever a donor ungags or unmute everyone, they cannot target themselves, so the chat message will list everyone except them as being unmuted or ungagged, instead of just saying everyone was unmutted/ungagged:

This does not happen when a staff member runs the command, thankfully.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
While i do see some flaws in this as in if I gag myself i can't ungag myself and other people with powers can troll by not ungagging me but other than that I think this should be added just don't gag yourself.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
Problem is that many donors will gag themselves as part of a joke. If no staff are online then they would have to leave/come back to undo the gag.

I would like to see that implemented so donors cannot kick/gag any member of staff, as that has happened on more than one occasion.

I think donors need to use common sense and read the guidelines they are theoretically given (I was not given that link when I donated, but I went to the forums and sought then out).
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(11-16-2020, 09:49 AM)Jammin Wrote: I would like to see that implemented so donors cannot kick/gag any member of staff, as that has happened on more than one occasion.

Changing the wildcard to "!%trusted" can do this, translating to "anyone except trusted and above" assuming higher staff roles inherit from trusted in the inheritance tree. I'm pretty sure you can add both wildcards by separating them with a comma.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide