Unban Request (At least 30 days later)
there might be some strong polarization over this, but i’m gonna +1 shitter’s unban request.

Although theres a glaze of comedic irony over shitter’s unban request, I feel as though theres enough hint of genuine sincerity and apology in his request, that warrants us to at least give him another chance. I had dealt with and tolerated shitter for a good amount of time before his infamous ban, and during that time I hated many moments of that man’s screeches and trolls on the voice chat, however shitter did supply the late afternoon ttt community with some good laughs too. I believe my credentials as someone who put up with shitter, to be a valid point to weigh on my argument. If shitter is unbanned, I am willing to be apart of the staff that has to potentially put up with him once more. Im reasonably convinced that shitter has put in enough effort and time during his ban to prove to us staff members that he’s worthy of at least another chance. Worst case scenario, shitter wreaks havoc on the server once more, but I’m willing to be there for it, I’m willing to put in the potential effort if needed. I have the credentials and tenure to back this up as someone who was occasionally a shitter victim indirectly. If I hop onto the server one day and see “the mad shitter has been unbanned” im prepared to face either consequence; a more mellow, considerate player, or a troll who is stuck in his ways. It’s been a month since shitter’s presence and the wounds have been healed by time. I believe that any human has the ability to change in any span of time. Humans are fallible yet resilient, and malleable beings. 

Even though theres some deeply satirical moment’s in shitters post, “on par with a COVID nurse technician fighting on the front for public health. You do amazing work.” Like the part where he compares Raider Hanks to a frontline COVID nurse, theres also some convincingly tender moments “After careful consideration and conversation with certain community members I have come to regret my actions and desire to apologize and make amends for the first time since my joining this server.” shitter, makes a convincing point with transparency, that he would like to see this community again. It should be obvious to the average reader that certain points of shitter’s essay are at times vaguely relevant and grandiose, but one should realize his essay is far too coherent and compelling to be brushed off as a complete troll. the mad shitter has put in the effort, albeit verbose and uncanny, to ask the small favor of staff letting him back in. Goodluck mad shitter.
Here's my concern, are you really going to change?
Yes, up until October you had no major issues with us (just a few RDM & Leaf day-bans). But come march, you. would. not. stop. the. toxic. behavior.
I'm all for giving second chances, but its hard for me to give someone a 4th second chance.
You have two prior bans for racism - a day ban and a 3-day ban, before your present permaban.

Reading over your essay, which you have put much time into, I do feel that you are serious in your desir eto join us, but also are trying to hard to prove your worthiness, to the point of some inappropriateness in your response. To avoid any confusion over the lines of what is appropirate and what is not, generally voice and text chat in TTT should be geared towards the gameplay itself - any venture into side topics often mean bad news for the sanity of the server.

I gave you a +1 on your last "real" unban request as I do understand your affliction with alcohol as you have described, and put a shit ton of work into an unban request for a free gmod server. However, you have to understand that the staff here are not going to feed the troll. In other words, if you make one slip up more, you can presume that you are done forever.

Frankly, its not that hard to not slur. I've put in nearly 300 hours on Dinks and have 0 warnings for slurring, because I have slurred 0 times. Granted i've never played drunk before, but whenever I drink I don't throw out slurs.

Also the whole alcohol thing is concerning. If you have an addiction to alcohol, Dinklebergs TTT is not a rehab facility. We cannot help you in any way. The best we can do is give you a place to unwind. But if your version of unwinding is going to be trolling and toxicity, then go somewhere else - it will not be tolerated here.

+1 Unban under the following understanding:
-Mad shitter is not to say any slurs, period. 1 slur == permaban, and I will not support any subsequent appeal.
-Mad shitter will not engage in toxic behavior, and will not be racist in general - even if they are jokes and even if they don't have slurs in them. Comply with staff requests regarding this.
-Mad shitter will not micspam, and will comply with staff requests regarding this.
-Mad shitter will not harass/flame staff or any player. One instance of this == permaban
-Mad shitter will not encourage others to harass/flame staff or any player. One instance of this == permaban.

Some players walk a fine line in regards to the rules. You cannot afford to come near that line now.
Ultimately I enjoyed playing with you when I was on. You were funny at times, when you weren't being toxic and racist. There were jokes you would do that were funny. And as a now staff member, I will be happy to welcome you back given that you are no longer a nuiscence. I do believe people can change.
But now, if there is any question as to how other players would interpret a joke with regards to racism/homophobia/etc, you should avoid telling it. One slip up will mean you are done. I will NOT support any appeal for any future ban for toxicity.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(11-26-2020, 05:14 PM)♥ two rats Wrote: there might be some strong polarization over this, but i’m gonna +1 shitter’s unban request.

Although theres a glaze of comedic irony over shitter’s unban request, I feel as though theres enough hint of genuine sincerity and apology in his request, that warrants us to at least give him another chance. I had dealt with and tolerated shitter for a good amount of time before his infamous ban, and during that time I hated many moments of that man’s screeches and trolls on the voice chat, however shitter did supply the late afternoon ttt community with some good laughs too. I believe my credentials as someone who put up with shitter, to be a valid point to weigh on my argument. If shitter is unbanned, I am willing to be apart of the staff that has to potentially put up with him once more. Im reasonably convinced that shitter has put in enough effort and time during his ban to prove to us staff members that he’s worthy of at least another chance. Worst case scenario, shitter wreaks havoc on the server once more, but I’m willing to be there for it, I’m willing to put in the potential effort if needed. I have the credentials and tenure to back this up as someone who was occasionally a shitter victim indirectly. If I hop onto the server one day and see “the mad shitter has been unbanned” im prepared to face either consequence; a more mellow, considerate player, or a troll who is stuck in his ways. It’s been a month since shitter’s presence and the wounds have been healed by time. I believe that any human has the ability to change in any span of time. Humans are fallible yet resilient, and malleable beings. 

Even though theres some deeply satirical moment’s in shitters post, “on par with a COVID nurse technician fighting on the front for public health. You do amazing work.” Like the part where he compares Raider Hanks to a frontline COVID nurse, theres also some convincingly tender moments “After careful consideration and conversation with certain community members I have come to regret my actions and desire to apologize and make amends for the first time since my joining this server.” shitter, makes a convincing point with transparency, that he would like to see this community again. It should be obvious to the average reader that certain points of shitter’s essay are at times vaguely relevant and grandiose, but one should realize his essay is far too coherent and compelling to be brushed off as a complete troll. the mad shitter has put in the effort, albeit verbose and uncanny, to ask the small favor of staff letting him back in. Goodluck mad shitter.

Thank you for your faith my friend, I intend to prove to you that it is not misplaced!

(11-26-2020, 11:44 PM)Jammin Wrote: Here's my concern, are you really going to change?
Yes, up until October you had no major issues with us (just a few RDM & Leaf day-bans). But come march, you. would. not. stop. the. toxic. behavior.
I'm all for giving second chances, but its hard for me to give someone a 4th second chance.
You have two prior bans for racism - a day ban and a 3-day ban, before your present permaban.

Reading over your essay, which you have put much time into, I do feel that you are serious in your desir eto join us, but also are trying to hard to prove your worthiness, to the point of some inappropriateness in your response. To avoid any confusion over the lines of what is appropirate and what is not, generally voice and text chat in TTT should be geared towards the gameplay itself - any venture into side topics often mean bad news for the sanity of the server.

I gave you a +1 on your last "real" unban request as I do understand your affliction with alcohol as you have described, and put a shit ton of work into an unban request for a free gmod server. However, you have to understand that the staff here are not going to feed the troll. In other words, if you make one slip up more, you can presume that you are done forever.

Frankly, its not that hard to not slur. I've put in nearly 300 hours on Dinks and have 0 warnings for slurring, because I have slurred 0 times. Granted i've never played drunk before, but whenever I drink I don't throw out slurs.

Also the whole alcohol thing is concerning. If you have an addiction to alcohol, Dinklebergs TTT is not a rehab facility. We cannot help you in any way. The best we can do is give you a place to unwind. But if your version of unwinding is going to be trolling and toxicity, then go somewhere else - it will not be tolerated here.

+1 Unban under the following understanding:
-Mad shitter is not to say any slurs, period. 1 slur == permaban, and I will not support any subsequent appeal.
-Mad shitter will not engage in toxic behavior, and will not be racist in general - even if they are jokes and even if they don't have slurs in them. Comply with staff requests regarding this.
-Mad shitter will not micspam, and will comply with staff requests regarding this.
-Mad shitter will not harass/flame staff or any player. One instance of this == permaban
-Mad shitter will not encourage others to harass/flame staff or any player. One instance of this == permaban.

Some players walk a fine line in regards to the rules. You cannot afford to come near that line now.
Ultimately I enjoyed playing with you when I was on. You were funny at times, when you weren't being toxic and racist. There were jokes you would do that were funny. And as a now staff member, I will be happy to welcome you back given that you are no longer a nuiscence. I do believe people can change.
But now, if there is any question as to how other players would interpret a joke with regards to racism/homophobia/etc, you should avoid telling it. One slip up will mean you are done. I will NOT support any appeal for any future ban for toxicity.

I appreciate your apprehension, as well as your honesty. I promise I will not lapse into the dark side again, and going forward there will be only positivity and light in my actions and words. Thank you for taking the time to consider me, as well as for your willingness to accept the possibility of my metamorphosis. I will do my best to prove myself worthy of your trust.
I'm somewhat worried at the tone this essay tries to mantain by referencing some popular culture and situations that would be qualified as 'bait' with ease. It's strange to see what you would consider a serious attempt of Unban Request given that it follows that kind of ridiculous metaphor.

But I'd say it should be ok to unban The Mad Shitter this time given his pledges. After all, something as easy as one wrong step would be enough to get a Perma.

I don't know about your past reputation, but rebuilding it will be hard if you get the unban.
The committee voted in favor of a Denial, you may reappeal one month from the date that you posted this.