Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Persistent Mutes and Gags
Bringing back from the dead on Christmas (call me the ghost of Christmas past). This would help a lot by implementing set times for each warn so warn 1 would be 2 mins, warn 2 would be 5-10 mins, and so on. It would help with staff not forgetting to ungag.

Necro.....
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
I think we should clarify in the staff guidelines in terms of gag/mute lengths. Maybe gag lengths of 1, 5, 30, and 1440 for micspam, 1, 20, 1440 for harassment/flaming, 5 and 1440 for racism/slurs?
Still at staff discretion but as a guideline those would be my suggestions.
But it sounds like this is ready to be tested and implemented
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(12-25-2020, 10:37 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: Bringing back from the dead on Christmas (call me the ghost of Christmas past). This would help a lot by implementing set times for each warn so warn 1 would be 2 mins, warn 2 would be 5-10 mins, and so on. It would help with staff not forgetting to ungag.

Necro.....

or.... hear me out real quick..... 

we could just ABOLISH the gag and mute command perms from donors, then proceeding to only keeping gags as a short temporary thing. If you proceed with this kind of idea, someone will be like "well I'm gonna get banned so I might as well cause as much shit as I can while I'm still here."

Donors who think they're staff are a cancer in this community; they shouldn't be able to do anything other than queue music on TTT
(12-26-2020, 10:56 AM)Salty Wrote: or.... hear me out real quick..... 

we could just ABOLISH the gag and mute command perms from donors, then proceeding to only keeping gags as a short temporary thing. If you proceed with this kind of idea, someone will be like "well I'm gonna get banned so I might as well cause as much shit as I can while I'm still here."

Donors who think they're staff are a cancer in this community; they shouldn't be able to do anything other than queue music on TTT
Good luck getting that idea passed. We've all tried. The idea of a timed gag is really our best option.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
*TL/DR at the Bottom*

Hear me out real quick; MOST people usually don't need a gag to last longer than a 30 seconds to get an idea that they went overboard with what they were doing. The concept of gagging someone for a round is something that should only be done if it is a persistent issue. When you gag someone for an entire round, that not only irritates them, but it also irritates everyone around them, which can lead to more problems for staff.

I look at it this way: 

Micspam
1st offense (Depending on severity) Warn or 10 second gag (for more egregious offenses)
2nd and 3rd: 30 SECOND gags
4th: Round gag
5th: Map gag (I highly doubt you'll ever have to get this far, but it's possible.) 

Something about Micspam: A quick scream shouldn't be immediately gagged. Micspam is a subjective thing so everyone looks at it differently, but the only time someone doing quick screams should be addressed if they consistently do it after being told to chill out.

Racism

1st Offense: short gag (no longer than 10 seconds)
2nd: 30 second gag
3rd: Round gag
4th: Map gag
5th: Temp Ban (No longer than 3 days)

Harassment
1st Offense: warning
2nd: Round Gag
3rd: Temp Ban (No Longer than 3 Days)

Looking at what Jammin says, you're jumping from Maybe gag lengths of "1, 5, 30, and 1440 for micspam, 1, 20, 1440 for harassment/flaming, 5 and 1440 for racism/slurs?"

I'm going to assume he means minutes here. You're going to gag someone for an entire day after 4 offenses? Jammin I usually agree with what you say, but I personally find this to be WAYYYYY too strict. Racism should be handled the most severely, but I still believe a DAY gag is ridiculous. 

Each individual server group has their own communities inside this larger one, so something that works on TTT would not work on PH DR or Murder and vice versa, so I won't try making a statement that "all servers should staff the same," but I just felt like sharing my opinion.

TL/DR of everything that isn't guidelines: 

-Micspam should be something viewed with more flexibility, but we should be very firm/rigid about racism/harassment
-I believe a succession of quick short gags work better for solving problems than round gags, as these longer gags can lead to tension/divide to occur between players/staff UNLESS it is something that is warranted for longer gags (i.e. constant racism/harassment)
-Although I'm offering a suggestion, I understand that what works on one server might not work on others. This is just a "sales pitch" for a lack of a better term.

(12-26-2020, 11:46 AM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 10:56 AM)Salty Wrote: or.... hear me out real quick..... 

Good luck getting that idea passed. We've all tried. The idea of a timed gag is really our best option.

Sorry I didn't even counter what you were saying. I don't necessary like the concept of putting trust in a system command because if that command were to fail, then it'd literally be a waste of time trying to bring it on the server. It also might cause issues in terms of screwing up the other current add-ons that are on the server, but I'm not well-versed in coding so I'll leave that kind of conversation for those who know what they're talking about.
Yes I meant minutes, since I presume that is the unit that the persistent gag handles. I'm not sure a 10 seconds or 30 second gag is possible.

And I'm only saying a day gag as opposed to a day ban. Right now following the guidelines day long bans are after 4 offenses. Me personally, it takes a lot for me to gag someone for micspam. If someone is spamming. Away in live chat, then that's an issue - KOS's can be missed. Dead chat? Not as big of a deal. But someone screaming as loudly into their mic as possible is going to get gagged. Bonk noises? Not so much.

My timings assume significant micspam that interferes with gamplay or otherwise enjoyment of the game. I personally would do a manual 5-10 second gag first before moving to three guidelines. But I made my suggestions to fall in line with current staff guidelines. I replaced the section regarding a day ban with a day gag.

Unfortunately, several persons, both new guests and long standing community members, are willing to take excessive micspam across multiple hours of gameplay.

I would personally implement 1 or 2 short gags before moving to AWarn. Also I'd likely shorten these up manually. Having the timer is good in case staff forget.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(12-26-2020, 12:25 PM)Salty Wrote: *TL/DR at the Bottom*

Hear me out real quick; MOST people usually don't need a gag to last longer than a 30 seconds to get an idea that they went overboard with what they were doing. The concept of gagging someone for a round is something that should only be done if it is a persistent issue. When you gag someone for an entire round, that not only irritates them, but it also irritates everyone around them, which can lead to more problems for staff.

I look at it this way: 

Micspam
1st offense (Depending on severity) Warn or 10 second gag (for more egregious offenses)
2nd and 3rd: 30 SECOND gags
4th: Round gag
5th: Map gag (I highly doubt you'll ever have to get this far, but it's possible.) 

Racism

1st Offense: short gag (no longer than 10 seconds)
2nd: 30 second gag
3rd: Round gag
4th: Map gag
5th: Temp Ban (No longer than 3 days)

Harassment
1st Offense: warning
2nd: Round Gag
3rd: Temp Ban (No Longer than 3 Days)
Luckily we already have guidelines to address these exact things which are much more strict for good reason. I think the implementation of timed based gag/mutes will be good because it can essentially work as a systematic approach to punishment for it. It would be great to have the command in the menu and have different options such as 1st gag/mute (which has an allotted time), 2nd gag/mute (a longer allotted time) and their staff can act accordingly. Then follow guidelines to enforce further.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(12-26-2020, 01:12 PM)bryanbrr Wrote: Luckily we already have guidelines to address these exact things which are much more strict for good reason. I think the implementation of timed based gag/mutes will be good because it can essentially work as a systematic approach to punishment for it. It would be great to have the command in the menu and have different options such as 1st gag/mute (which has an allotted time), 2nd gag/mute (a longer allotted time) and their staff can act accordingly. Then follow guidelines to enforce further.

I get what you're saying, I just was expressing what problems it might present should it not work. It's a wonderful program if it'll work.
[Image: bump.jpg]
Updated the auto unmute/ungag to use the ULX command echo instead of plain tsay: https://github.com/RussEfarmer/Persisten...-and-Mutes

[Image: unknown.png]