Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Persistent Mutes and Gags
(11-27-2020, 11:33 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 11:14 PM)Nicol Wrote: Question: Do these still play well with the ungag/unmute commands? Don't wanna gag someone on accident for 10 minutes and have them be stuck with it.

You need to use the included untmute and untgag commands since the process for removing the timed mute and gag is different. These commands can be tacked onto the existing unmute and ungag commands if needed, so they can both unmute the player normally and removed a timed mute.

Also, just like with the old ULX banning system, you can change the duration of the mute without unmuting them. If you wanted to mute them for 3 minutes and muted them for 30, you can just mute them again for 3 minutes.

Sounds good to me. Looks like all 4 servers are interested in this script. Once you're finished let me know and I can add it directly to the TTT Test server for further testing since we all use ULX. Might have to modify quite a bit of the current rules for all servers in regards to mutes & gags but it would be a nice addition. 
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Gagging still isn't ready since I have to handle reconnects differently than in mutes, but I don't want to keep anyone waiting, so here is a download to the tmute command. Server path is lua\ulx\modules\sh\.

If the link gets eaten in the future, it's on my github :)
Another question for this, would we be able to permanently gag as well?

I don't think permanent mute and gag should be a thing as someone who gets permanently gagged and muted may need a question answered or situation handled. But sometimes, there are just some people who should probably be permanently gagged forever. Either from constant mic spam, or having a permanent echo in their mic that gets annoying after the 1000th time.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(11-28-2020, 08:15 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Another question for this, would we be able to permanently gag as well?

I don't think permanent mute and gag should be a thing as someone who gets permanently gagged and muted may need a question answered or situation handled. But sometimes, there are just some people who should probably be permanently gagged forever. Either from constant mic spam, or having a permanent echo in their mic that gets annoying after the 1000th time.

I personally think it's pretty extreme, but yes, it has the capability. Technically there is no "permanently" option, but you can set the number of minutes they are gagged as high as 10 years. I can add seperate a permamute and permagag command if it's wanted, it would be fairly easy.

In the file I uploaded, the maximum number you can enter is 60 minutes, mostly because this command would otherwise a bit more on the dangerous side to be giving to people other than moderators.
(11-28-2020, 08:56 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 08:15 PM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Another question for this, would we be able to permanently gag as well?

I personally think it's pretty extreme, but yes, it has the capability. Technically there is no "permanently" option, but you can set the number of minutes they are gagged as high as 10 years. I can add seperate a permamute and permagag command if it's wanted, it would be fairly easy.

In the file I uploaded, the maximum number you can enter is 60 minutes, mostly because this command would otherwise a bit more on the dangerous side to be giving to people other than moderators.

It would only be used in extreme cases, even more rare than !gag * or !mute *
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army

This is already a thing. Ask @Uriel'is
(11-28-2020, 09:50 PM)wqr Wrote: This is already a thing. Ask @Uriel'is

Yep, it is, my mistake. The updated version of CustomCommands already has permanent gagging and permanent muting commands. Permanent gagging we already have. If we want both, we need to update CC.

Anyway, here are both of the scripts

Gagging now works, and I added a command to both to see who is online and is muted/gagged. I tried adding commands to do everything by steamid, but I would need to rewrite the timer, which I don't know how to do.
(11-28-2020, 09:50 PM)wqr Wrote:

This is already a thing. Ask @Uriel'is

According to Nicol, only Owner/Co-owner can permagag/permamute ppl, since Nicol couldnt help me, I personally DM'd dink himself to ungag me and he did.
[Image: 0e7d9b52b0a8da003d3bf791934a67c3.gif]

[Image: ngt65CF.gif]
I initially decided against it, but I figured I'd see what people think. I can easily add a feature to gag and mute by steamid, but it wouldn't work like you would think. Unlike a ban time, their mute/gag time would only count down when they are on the server. Additionally, there isn't a notification on the player side that they are gagged, unlike permanent mutes and gags, so the only indication that they are gagged on their end is through the command message. If they're disconnected when they get muted or gagged, they can't see this. I could possibly add a notification for the player similar to what pmute and pgag does, but it would require networking server data to the client, which I'm not sure how to do as of now.
(12-02-2020, 06:27 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:  Additionally, there isn't a notification on the player side that they are gagged, unlike permanent mutes and gags, so the only indication that they are gagged on their end is through the command message. If they're disconnected when they get muted or gagged, they can't see this.

Solely for this reason I personally feel like it isn't worth the time. Might end up creating more trouble then it's worth because there are honestly very few times you even need to gag/mute someone who isn't on the server. In fact there are basically no reasons lol.
[Image: b_560x95.png]