Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(s)oup and Rylo Ken
Offender's Name: (s)oup and Rylo Ken

Offender's SteamID:
STEAM_0:1:40232483
STEAM_0:1:418240939

Potential Witnesses: derp, bryanbrr, Chris Farley

Reason to Ban: Continuous micspam despite staff members telling them to stop.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PafSB240T-A

Let me say this. I do not really have any ill intentions towards soup or Rylo Ken. I do not hate them as a matter of fact I like playing with them but the micspam yesterday went too far I believe. They kept getting gagged by staff members and I even had to help gag them and staff told them to stop micspamming but they continued anyway it seems. Chris was also micspamming however he did in fact apologize and seemed to feel bad for micspamming, at least that is what he told me I think. I know it looks weird that I have 3 mods as witnesses however I do not know why actions besides gags were not taken since the staff members did in fact tell them to stop micspamming numerous times I believe. Rylo and soup have been warned for micspam before I think too. I hope no one hates me for making this thread, I am also not disrespecting the mods or anything but I was honestly confused why they only kept gagging rylo and soup for micspamming when it seemed like they both were not listening after multiple warnings. So, I guess if yall want to discuss then thats fine but I just hope noone honestly thinks I am being hostile since I tried my best to be respectful. Anyway sorry for the long message attached to this ban request but I just felt like I should of tried to clarify some things.
They were using sound boards and stuff quite a bit yesterday. I didn’t ban them because it seemed harmless. I might edit this later to clarify more.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(12-01-2020, 11:25 AM)derp Wrote: They were using sound boards and stuff quite a bit yesterday. I didn’t ban them because it seemed harmless. I might edit this later to clarify more.
Some of the things they were spamming though were also loud at times I believe too, like there should be a limit to the number of times you can micspam but that’s just my opinion. I just wished that they would of chilled out with the micspam when asked, now while I agree it does seem harmless at certain times I think it can really get out of hand like it did yesterday.
I think a warning would probably suffice to be honest
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(12-01-2020, 11:49 AM)Jax Wrote: I think a warning would probably suffice to be honest
Yeah but I don’t know for sure how many warnings soup and rylo have for micspamming before. It’s just up to the staff though. Honestly I would be sad if they were banned but I would understand why probably.
Before this video can also blow up in my face, before Jesse and I talked, I never realized that playing short sound clips ACTUALLY bothered people. When I realized, I felt genuinely bad, as I don't want to ruin anyone's time on the server. I've since then uninstalled Sounpad, because, again, I don't want to ruin anybody's time. Sorry, Jesse
On 3 hours of sleep so sorry if my text speech is slurred.

My personal philosophy with micspam is that it becomes a problem if it:
1. Excessive to the point of annoying players/ruining someone else's enjoyment of the server
2. Interferes with gameplay/call outs

I tend to be a bit strict on micspam because of that second component - especially if the so happens in live chat. Still, I'm more likely to gag for yelling/screaming than for the taco bell ding of memechild.
I've gagged Rylo and Soup more times than I can count, and frankly for less than what Jesse's video shows.

That being said I'm not convinced any additional action now is warranted. I feel that the best solution in these instances is to just do a map gag if it gets excessive. Both players play (relatively) cleanly and don't 'troll' excessively on a day to day basis.

That being said, both soup and Rylo need to knock it off when staff say to knock it off. Sometimes it may be appropriate to spam, but on rowdy servers it just causes another headache for staff already dealing with other issues. And times when it interferes with gamplay (e.g. Rylo playing loud music in traitor chat, about a week or two ago) that is unacceptable.

And if I get annoyed? They need to stop.
And if Jesse gets annoyed? They need to stop.
And if a guest gets annoyed? They need to stop.
They cannot ruin the fun for other players.

All of that in mind, I still think the ultimate solution is just a map gag for each subsequent offense after a staff verbal warning. If it really gets bad on a busy server, a day ban tops.

Personal note to Jesse, if I am not taking action on a micspammer that is ruining someone else's experience (but I don't think they are excessive), please let me know. I will take that into account now.

-1 ban

Thanks for coming to my ted talk,
-Jammin
Sgt, Fun Police Inc.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Rylo has been mic spamming since I was a ttt mod, he should know the rules by now. I dont think I know soup outside of the times Ive seen them in discord so idk how well they should know the rules. But Rylo definitely should.
-1 on the ban, imagine getting banned for using a soundboard ayyy lmao. just do a map gag next time
[Image: 0e7d9b52b0a8da003d3bf791934a67c3.gif]

[Image: ngt65CF.gif]
(12-01-2020, 03:14 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: Rylo has been mic spamming since I was a ttt mod, he should know the rules by now. I dont think I know soup outside of the times Ive seen them in discord so idk how well they should know the rules. But Rylo definitely should.

I know you're bad at your job n stuff and have no idea how a ban request works so let me clarify. During a ban appeal you judge the players using the evidence presented not by your personal experience which in Rylos case was probably ages ago btw. Having actually seen the evidence presented (which you obviously didn't, you prolly don't have enough space to run a youtube video, I dunno) I don't think enough evidence was provided for a punishment. 

The 9 minute video covers 3 different maps and the majority is just banter which I dunno why it was included and soundboard snips, which I'd like to add that playing a random soundboard sound for an instance for literally a second or two once every few mins by definition isn't spamming or continous. The amount of evidence presented in general during the span of THREE MAPS (which is a pretty long timeframe) kind of proves that it wasn't "spammed" as Jesse is claiming it was. Also If we're considering this as valid evidence than this should be a five person ban request based on the evidence, I have no idea why Jesse excluded Rylo and Soup in particular.

I get that Jesses problem is that some of the sounds are overly loud, but in the video I noticed only a few instances of it being overly loud (especially the FNAF sound) which I admit might be misrepresented since it was filmed from a phone. Also It doesn't look like any of the soundboard shenanigans was interrupting any gameplay or anything, most of the time everyone else was quiet so they weren't interrupting gameplay, anyone else talking or anything.

I know both of them sometimes can go overboard with this stuff, but the current evidence isn't valid of that. -1 for ban.