appeal sauce
Ingame Name: aeth0r/aethy

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:49182606
STEAM_0:0:49182606

Who Banned You: Ethan

Reason For Ban: Mass RDM

Length of Ban: Indefinitely

Reason for Admins to Unban: 
So it was the first round of the map and I had picked top T, as you know if the game selects you to be Detective it will override the top T reward and force you to be Detective, which is what happened in my case. I usually pay attention to the role changing but this time I was a bit preoccupied and just went autopilot resulting in the death 7 people xD. I'm not aware of the # of reports I got because a mod set my karma to 0 and karma banned me while I was still shootin ppl (which probably saved a couple lives xD). I was actually confused when I saw the karma ban prompt because I was under the impression I was a T the whole time.. but then someone told me I was detective aaaaaaand then I realized I fucked up. I would've appealed earlier but I didn't think it would get accepted so I just decided to take a break from the game for a bit. Fast forward a couple months (was banned in August) and I believe I'm ready to come back to the server! I'll be sure to be more wary of my role whenever I choose top T and make sure something like this doesn't happen again. I apologize to the ppl I rdmed and I hope you can forgive my mistake. :D

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): 

Regarding RDM:
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/tttbans/...1595037905 
(Don't know if this is legitimate or not cause it was more of a misunderstanding and I was unbanned 2 hours later)

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/tttbans/...1567301556
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/tttbans/...1535928543
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/tttbans/...1533202505
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/tttbans/...1531777917
(These are 1-2 years ago)

Other:
+1 unban this seems like an honest yet dumb mistake. At most a week or two if no unban but it's not even like he was doing something dumb like incend at spawn or C4 roulette
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Well, as you long as you behave and stuff I think you should be fine playing on the server again. Just be sure to be careful and I hope you don’t get into any trouble again if you do get unbanned. 1+ for unban. However I should probably say I don’t know if you will get unbanned or not, you have a lot of bans stacked against you I think and while some of them are old and some I don’t know what others and staff will think of it. Still I hope to see you on the server sometime so I hope this gets accepted and you don’t cause any trouble. Good luck aethor.
I'll triple check when I get home, from a brief parse it appears you have like 2 or 3 prior bans for mass/constant RDM alone?
That concerns me.
I'm confused by the ban lists though. If I recall correctly, some of those weren't valid (particularly the teaming one in July). The links aren't working for me for some reason, so I'm trying to parse everything.

Here is how I'm looking at it:
1. You were unbanned despite all prior offenses up until your latest mass RDM.
2. You waited over 3 months before appealing your current ban.
3. Based on your rationale, which I do believe, the RDM spree was likely a mistake.
4. Although you gave a reason/here's what happened, I get the vibe that you want to accept responsibility and return to TTT.
5. You apologized for what you did.

Based on all of this, I feel a multi-month ban is appropriate, based on your extensive history. I do feel an end to the ban is appropriate, let's say in a few weeks. I would encourage you to be vigilant with your actions in the future, as your next slip-upnmay not see you playing until 2022.

+0 unban
+1 reduction say ~ 2 weeks

Edit: You have 3 mass/constant RDM bans prior to this one. Despite that, the community brought you back in.
Since your mass RDM was a likely mistake, and you knew you messed up (and self-served a 3-month ban by not appealing), I feel you have paid your dues.
Plus we need someone to help beat fanta on his T rounds :)

+1 unban
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Honest mistake, this guy is cool, get him back here +1
Those links are broken by the way. Gbans doesn't like linking for some reason but if anyone is interested they can just search his steamID in Gbans.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
as much as i fucking hate you this was a mistake and i believe that +1
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
the fact that this is was a permanent ban with little to no hesitation does not surprise me. prior to the time of the ban a few select staff were on aethors ass trying to ban him for any infringement they could get him banned for. a two week ban would have been an appropriate punishment for a important dinks player with hundreds of hours invested into the server.

+1 unban
+1 on reduction if necessary
(12-04-2020, 12:06 AM)Rylo Ken Wrote: the fact that this is was a permanent ban with little to no hesitation does not surprise me. prior to the time of the ban a few select staff were on aethors ass trying to ban him for any infringement they could get him banned for. a two week ban would have been an appropriate punishment for a important dinks player with hundreds of hours invested into the server.

+1 unban
+1 on reduction if necessary
These are the rules of the server. The same rules are also listed when any player joins Dink's TTT
[Image: vj3Dgqb.png]

+1 unban though. You RDMed 7 people, but it was months ago and people have been unbanned for doing much worse
(12-04-2020, 12:06 AM)Rylo Ken Wrote: a two week ban would have been an appropriate punishment for a important dinks player with hundreds of hours invested into the server.

While the reputation of the player doesn't matter (rules are rules), I've been of the opinion that permanent bans are almost never appropriate for a long time. I made a thread about it back in June: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11645