Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended Software For Staff
Heya! So, it's obvious that, if you are an aspiring staff member, you need to have the ability to record and take screenshots. However, some software is better than others, so I thought it be a good idea to give you folks some of my personal suggestions :)

Video Recording:
  • Streamlabs OBS. This is the one that I and many other staff members use. It's easy to set up and is (mostly) reliable. Notice how I say it's mostly reliable, but not every recording software is going to be 100% all the time.
  • Bandicam. This one, I believe, is a close second in terms of how many people use it. Probably the easiest software to use, but can often break, such as having audio issues.
  • ShareX. Reliable software, but isn't as customizable as Bandicam or Steamlabs. Can't speak much on it as I have never used it, however, I'm sure there are others who can attest to its use.
Video Editing:
  • Windows Video Editor. Now, from what I've seen, the most editing that needs to be done on videos is just muting audio or cutting videos. This can be achieved with basically any pre-installed video editing software that comes on your computer. I'm a basic bitch, so I just use WVE.
  • Lightworks. If you want to do more editing than just the bare minimum, Lightworks is a good, free software you can use. Definitely has more capabilities than your run-of-the-mill video editor. However, it can be quite complex, so take your time to learn it.
  • HitFlim Express. Another free editor that, much like Lightworks, lets you do so much more than WVE or any other pre-installed software. This one can be technically demanding, though, so be sure you can actually run it lmao.
Screenshots:
  • Gyazo. By far my top recommendation for all screenshots. It's really easy to use, which is perfect for somebody like me who often times likes to use the simplest method I can. You have to make sure it's running, however, before you start a game. Isn't very demanding on your computer, either.
  • Gmod Screenshot Shortcut. This is what I used to use because, again, I'm a simple person lmao. It's literally built into the game so like, literally no install needed. You do have to go digging through your files, though, in order to actually get to where the screenshots are. You also have to crop the picture. In conclusion: don't be like me. Just use Gyazo.
And there you have it! Hope this is helpful to some of you.
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
Personally I use Xbox Game Bar and OBS. 

XGB is pre-installed or free on most PC's (not sorry Mac) and is easy to set up. I usually have OBS and XGB recording while playing as they've both been customized for different situations.  XGB also has a screen shot feature not only while playing but when playing the videos back as  well. You can edit your videos slightly within the play back area of XGB. 

OBS is awesome and has a lot of in depth customization possibilities.  It's also free <----- Though at times it may have a hiccup here and there.
Windows Live Movie Maker. https://ccm.net/download/download-124-wi...ovie-maker
I rest my case.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Lightshot is another good example of a program to take screenshots
[Image: latest?cb=20171003155620]
[Image: giphy.gif]
COON AND FRIENDS TEAM UP WITH FREEDOM PALS!

"Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen."
- Deep Roy
just get a geforce card and use shadowplay smh
I believe windows also has a built in video editor program that allows you to split and trim videos aswell.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(12-06-2020, 11:13 AM)Mana Wrote: I believe windows also has a built in video editor program that allows you to split and trim videos aswell.
Yes. Called Photos. I use it all the time
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
damn I just use bandicam (cause my laptop breaks with anything else and yes i have tried) and i use the pint screen function (built into every keyboard) and just paste it into discord where i store all my evidence for all my bans if i have to edit screenys i just throw them in paint and crop them that way...or circle the important ish
I don't bother editing my vids. if they are long I would just put time stamps or just record rounds (generally 5 to 7 min) but then again gathering evidence is different on each server

I use to record everything on obs when i was on a desk top and had a program to chop up vids cause youtube wont let you upload a 4 hour long vid on a new channel.
OBS for video logging
Windows screenshot works wonders for screenshooting evidence
I use OpenShot to cut up video logs
Youtube/Imgur for video and image link generation
If i want to insert an image directly into a forum post, if I don't have it on discord i'll use -'s download link
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks