Unban APPEAL
Procedure
Use the provided format and make a new thread with it in this subforum. The staff and any relevant players will post regarding whether they believe you should be unbanned and why. Upper staff will then discuss a potential unban or decrease in ban length.  The staff will then make a summarizing post, and lock the thread.
Submit only one unban application, as only one will be considered. Carefully read this page and write the application as accurately as possible the first time. Major edits may confuse the admins and members commenting. The application will be reviewed by an unban committee vote and a response will close the thread. Applicants will wait one month between unban application denials, per relevant ban.

Rules for comments: Do not flame others, do not shitpost, common sense. 

Format
Use the format below when applying for an unban. Fill all fields to the best of your ability.

Ingame Name: zoey

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:29712549

Who Banned You: Mana/Nicky

Reason For Ban: "Micspamming" and "Trolling" / "Acting like a shit"

Length of Ban: Indefinite

Reason for Admins to Unban: I have been a player of Dinkleberg's for years since at least 2015, stopped playing for a few years only to get back on this halloween season. I was playing on the server for days and having fun, not realizing the quality of my microphone is an issue for other players, as most people would laugh and play along with the voices I'd put on. I was DDosed at some point during my time there and when my internet came back, I rejoined the server angrily demanding the person who DDosed me be banned or to at least discuss the DDOS, to no avail. I was in a certain type of mood and was just basically shit talking without RDMing or disturbing the server to that degree, waiting for an actual mod to join. I was simply angry that the moderators would allow a DDOS on a member without even hearing them out; I was constantly gagged and kicked and eventually autoslain by lower-rank mods, essentially being "bullied" out of the server. I left and before being able to join back to speak to an actual mod, I was banned already. I joined back on 2 different alt accounts I used to lend to my friends to play on dinkleberg's and other GMOD servers, hence my high points across all accounts, only to be banned just for being myself, although the reasons state that I was acting like a "little shit". When I joined back I did state that I would drop the DDOS, but the trial-mods or whoever just weren't having it at that point. I was never able to properly speak with an actual moderator of the server and I do apologize for my behavior, but I don't think a permanent ban was necessary. I'm an avid fan of the server and it would be a shame to never play again over such a simple debacle. I have made several steam friends including moderators that still play the server and I'd like another chance to play!

EDIT: POSTING AGAIN AS DIRECTED BY MODS/ADMINS, PLEASE UNBAN! :D

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): No

Other: Number 15 - Burger King Foot Lettuce [Image: heart.png]
(12-08-2020, 04:09 AM)zoey Wrote: I have been a player of Dinkleberg's for years since at least 2015, stopped playing for a few years only to get back on this halloween season. I was playing on the server for days and having fun, not realizing the quality of my microphone is an issue for other players, as most people would laugh and play along with the voices I'd put on.
Your microphone quality would not result in a permaban. This was not the issue here.

I was DDosed at some point during my time there and when my internet came back, I rejoined the server angrily demanding the person who DDosed me be banned or to at least discuss the DDOS, to no avail. I was in a certain type of mood and was just basically shit talking without RDMing or disturbing the server to that degree, waiting for an actual mod to join.
Micspam (in this case a continuous rant about a DDOS attack) is disruptive to the server. People join the TTT server to play TTT, not to investigate a possible crime perpetuated against you.

I was simply angry that the moderators would allow a DDOS on a member without even hearing them out; I was constantly gagged and kicked and eventually autoslain by lower-rank mods, essentially being "bullied" out of the server.
Being gagged multiple times is a strong indication of your continuous efforts to ignore staff and continuing to micspam. As for being bullied by staff, that is a very serious accusation. Do you have evidence of being bullied by staff? Or are you upset because they rightly issued gags since you ignored them/argued with them?

I left and before being able to join back to speak to an actual mod, I was banned already.
On server is not the place to discuss a serious issue such as a DDOS attack. You should have discussed this directly with a mod or admin over discord, in private. The server is never the place to discuss non-game issues, as it distracts from gameplay. I remember missing several KOS's in-game because you continued to argue with staff.
As I remember telling you before, if you were the victim of a DDOS attack, that is a very serious issue that a senior admin would happily address for you.
[quote pid='99892' dateline='1607418542']
I joined back on 2 different alt accounts I used to lend to my friends to play on dinkleberg's and other GMOD servers, hence my high points across all accounts, only to be banned just for being myself, although the reasons state that I was acting like a "little shit".
Your alt accounts were banned for evading a ban, so yes you are right. When you are banned from the server, YOU are banned, not your account. Making a second/third account to evade a ban is a very serious offense.

When I joined back I did state that I would drop the DDOS, but the trial-mods or whoever just weren't having it at that point. I was never able to properly speak with an actual moderator of the server and I do apologize for my behavior, but I don't think a permanent ban was necessary. I'm an avid fan of the server and it would be a shame to never play again over such a simple debacle. I have made several steam friends including moderators that still play the server and I'd like another chance to play!

The apology is appreciated. However, you alt evaded your ban. Frankly that is a bigger issue to me than the trolling. Alt evasion is the lowest level of disrespect to the staff's moderation of their server. By evading your ban, you tell us that you don't care about staff's authority. Your continuous arguing with staff supports this .
[/quote]
I see no reason to support an unban at this time based on the alt evasion alone. If you hadn't done that I'd probably support a conditional reduction.
-1 unban
-1 reduction
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(12-08-2020, 04:40 AM)Jammin Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 04:09 AM)zoey Wrote: I have been a player of Dinkleberg's for years since at least 2015, stopped playing for a few years only to get back on this halloween season. I was playing on the server for days and having fun, not realizing the quality of my microphone is an issue for other players, as most people would laugh and play along with the voices I'd put on.
Your microphone quality would not result in a permaban. This was not the issue here.

I was DDosed at some point during my time there and when my internet came back, I rejoined the server angrily demanding the person who DDosed me be banned or to at least discuss the DDOS, to no avail. I was in a certain type of mood and was just basically shit talking without RDMing or disturbing the server to that degree, waiting for an actual mod to join.
Micspam (in this case a continuous rant about a DDOS attack) is disruptive to the server. People join the TTT server to play TTT, not to investigate a possible crime perpetuated against you.

I was simply angry that the moderators would allow a DDOS on a member without even hearing them out; I was constantly gagged and kicked and eventually autoslain by lower-rank mods, essentially being "bullied" out of the server.
Being gagged multiple times is a strong indication of your continuous efforts to ignore staff and continuing to micspam. As for being bullied by staff, that is a very serious accusation. Do you have evidence of being bullied by staff? Or are you upset because they rightly issued gags since you ignored them/argued with them?

I left and before being able to join back to speak to an actual mod, I was banned already.
On server is not the place to discuss a serious issue such as a DDOS attack. You should have discussed this directly with a mod or admin over discord, in private. The server is never the place to discuss non-game issues, as it distracts from gameplay. I remember missing several KOS's in-game because you continued to argue with staff.
As I remember telling you before, if you were the victim of a DDOS attack, that is a very serious issue that a senior admin would happily address for you.
[quote pid='99892' dateline='1607418542']
I joined back on 2 different alt accounts I used to lend to my friends to play on dinkleberg's and other GMOD servers, hence my high points across all accounts, only to be banned just for being myself, although the reasons state that I was acting like a "little shit".
Your alt accounts were banned for evading a ban, so yes you are right. When you are banned from the server, YOU are banned, not your account. Making a second/third account to evade a ban is a very serious offense.

When I joined back I did state that I would drop the DDOS, but the trial-mods or whoever just weren't having it at that point. I was never able to properly speak with an actual moderator of the server and I do apologize for my behavior, but I don't think a permanent ban was necessary. I'm an avid fan of the server and it would be a shame to never play again over such a simple debacle. I have made several steam friends including moderators that still play the server and I'd like another chance to play!

The apology is appreciated. However, you alt evaded your ban. Frankly that is a bigger issue to me than the trolling. Alt evasion is the lowest level of disrespect to the staff's moderation of their server. By evading your ban, you tell us that you don't care about staff's authority. Your continuous arguing with staff supports this .
I see no reason to support an unban at this time based on the alt evasion alone. If you hadn't done that I'd probably support a conditional reduction.
-1 unban
-1 reduction
[/quote]
Listen. I didn't know that "alt-evading" was a rule. Had I known of this, I wouldve just submiiiiiitted a ban appeal. I have never heard of such a rule on any other server on Garry's Mod. and I did not make a new account just to play, I used an old account that I lend out to my friends because I am an understanding, good person that likes to share and have fun. So thanks for the downvote, DONOR...
I find it hard to believe that you haven't heard of the alt evading rule, considering almost every other large TTT server (GFL, Serious TTT, etc.) has a rule against evading a ban on an alt account.
-1 on the unban, alt-evading kind of sold it for me.

on the other hand if you have any proof of the person who ddossed you you could make a ban request.
(12-08-2020, 05:45 AM)zoey Wrote:
(12-08-2020, 04:40 AM)Jammin Wrote: -snip-
Listen. I didn't know that "alt-evading" was a rule. Had I known of this, I wouldve just submiiiiiitted a ban appeal. I have never heard of such a rule on any other server on Garry's Mod. and I did not make a new account just to play, I used an old account that I lend out to my friends because I am an understanding, good person that likes to share and have fun. So thanks for the downvote, DONOR...
Oof the D word. But you're welcome, I guess.

Alt evasion is intentionally bypassing a punishment issued. Of course it is not allowed, any more than escaping a prison isn't allowed. You aren't explicitly told in prison to not escape, but if you do you receive additional punishment.

If you really want to rejoin the server, on your next appeal I would suggest simply saying sorry for alt evading, being toxic, and commit to the following:
--Not micspamming with toxic conversations
--Not flaming the staff (including lower level staff)
--Move past the theoretical DDOS attack you received (if you have legitimate evidence provide it to the TTT admin, Nicol. Otherwise drop the issue, nobody here DDOS'd you)
--Don't discuss illegal activities such as DDOSing general.
--Just playing the game in general - use VC to call KOS's not to rile up the server

I voted -1 because of the circumstances of your ban as well as your overall attitude here in the appeal. You still seem to have a similar level of arrogance about you, and I think you still need more time to mature and grow.
I'm not trying to say that to demean you and to flame you. I say this in the hope that you can grow from this and maybe rejoin the server in the future.

Bump

(12-13-2020, 11:22 PM)Jammin Wrote: Bump
If you really want to rejoin the server, on your next appeal I would suggest simply saying sorry for alt evading, being toxic, and commit to the following:
--Not micspamming with toxic conversations
--Not flaming the staff (including lower level staff)
--Move past the theoretical DDOS attack you received (if you have legitimate evidence provide it to the TTT admin, Nicol. Otherwise drop the issue, nobody here DDOS'd you)
--Don't discuss illegal activities such as DDOSing general.
--Just playing the game in general - use VC to call KOS's not to rile up the server

I agree to the terms and conditions. I love the server, and have NEVER DDOSSED ANYTHING IN MY LIFE. I DO NOT own a "BotNet". I am an old gamer, the new times are very confusing to me!!! Thanks for the feedback, Jammin.
Your unban appeal has been denied, it's quite clear you're not ready to come back. You may resubmit another appeal no earlier than 1/08/20.
[Image: b_560x95.png]