Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add a vc text channel
Most servers nowadays have a text channel for people in vc that don't have a mic or want to post things related to the conversation at hand. As a filthy nomicer myself I want to participate in conversations happening in vc. Hopefully this will help make the server more welcoming to the disabled and those who sleep on benches and also want to play Gmod.
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
Thus making another channel that would have to be monitored.
(12-09-2020, 04:57 AM)The Triangle Wrote: Thus making another channel that would have to be monitored.

Thats not a terribly constructive reply. 

I agree that there needs to be a vc text channel.
(12-09-2020, 07:18 AM)Nimble Jack Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 04:57 AM)The Triangle Wrote: Thus making another channel that would have to be monitored.

Thats not a terribly constructive reply. 
I'd argue that it is fairly constructive. As it stands, our discord staff have enough problems monitoring the channels we have now. I think a vc text channel would be fantastic but you'd have everyone and their buddies shitposting in it. Thus making another channel for the staff to monitor.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
I do agree that it is a good channel to have - but with the way the discord is moving and how the staff changes are happening I do not think thats something that can be done right now. Voss is right, thats ANOTHER channel for the staff to monitor when its already hard enough to keep up with the rest of it.

I think that once the discord team can get more members and a larger team, that would be something to look into. But now is not the time.
Go away
I don't see an issue with it. Yes, it's another channel to have to moderate but there is a plausible solution. We could make a discord role called "no mic" for people who strictly do not have mics for their computer to be able to type in said chat. All they would have to do is ping a mod, admin or someone to give them the role. That would keep the shitposters out and the people who actually need the channel to communicate with those in the vc the ability to do so uninterrupted.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
god if people were not toxic ass hats that constantly shit post this would be a good thing