• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bryanbrr
(12-09-2020, 03:58 PM)(j)ax the fake ape Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 03:14 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 03:03 PM)Jammin Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 01:59 PM)GAYSALLOWEDNOHOMO Wrote:
(12-09-2020, 12:42 PM)Jammin Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
Dan didn't want to report because he probably didn't care.
But because you killed dan, Kessler died. Had you gotten killed by Kessler, then Kessler was killed by someone else, and that someone else reported you, you would have also been slayed for causing the death of that other person.
You weren't slayed for defending yourself, you were slayed for causing someone else's death by your unintentional RDM.
I think the right action was taken here. You were slayed for unintentional RDM, and served your slay.
Wait, I’m confused here. So you saying the person who killed Kessler reported gay? I’m not quiet understanding the full story here tbh. Are you saying that the person was slained because other people died because he killed dan and dan didn’t even care to report anyway?

What happened was, Rylo used his "NAME is traitor bind" but it was a mistake, and quickly after used his "no" bind effectively cancelling out the KoS I guess. However, Gay did not realize the "no" cancelled out the KOS so he still killed dan. There was a KOS called out, however it was cancelled out. That's where the confusion lies.
this is what I remember happening but not sure because I did not figure it warranted a report LMAO
I have to agree that this just sounds like an administrative mistake. It happens. We apologize if you've been slain falsely, these things happen from time to time. The staff are only humans, and we don't have all the tools we need to 100% confirm every little thing that happens.
He/Him/His
If Kessler reported and Dan didn't, he shouldn't have been slain. That's all. But what's done is done, cant' very well take a slay back, I'm sure everyone will try harder in the future, I apologize for the slay, but do be wary of KOSs that are cancelled. Have a nice day.

But, if we go with Jammin's line of thinking, /several/ people have committed mass because they killed someone and were KOS'd and they killed all of their attackers because that's what you are allowed by the rules to do in this situation, which includes several staff and almost all of the regulars. Which is why we don't employ that line of thinking, and go report-for-slay in almost all cases.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(12-09-2020, 12:42 PM)Jammin Wrote: Bryanbrr's steam ID is STEAM_0:1:66050450

At first glance you killed dan for a false kos that was cancelled, so you may have unintentionally RDM'd. That is worthy of a slay on you.

Was this 1:30 am or pm? Today? What map?
Looking at the logs would be useful.
I was slain for shooting back when kessler shot me dan never made a report.
But because you killed dan, Kessler died. Had you gotten killed by Kessler, then Kessler was killed by someone else, and that someone else reported you, you would have also been slayed for causing the death of that other person.
You weren't slayed for defending yourself, you were slayed for causing someone else's death by your unintentional RDM.
I think the right action was taken here. You were slayed for unintentional RDM, and served your slay.

Yes thank you for helping me prove my point. Kessler got killed because he shot at me and I killed him which is what i was slayed for. So are u telling me that if u accidently kill an inno because they were kosed and someone shoots at you for killing them that you have to let them kill you? Because then I would think thats a traitor trying to take advantage of this oppertunity to kill me. A false kos was called and just because he put "no" under it doesn't mean the kos wasn't called. How was i supposed to know the "no" wasn't him being offered to trade with someone who asked in VC. All im saying is admins shouldn't deal with the report at hand and not tie it into another potential report. Of course you need the evidence he was in the right to shoot at me but what exactly makes me not able to shoot back? Thank you.

(12-09-2020, 07:41 PM)GAYSALLOWEDNOHOMO Wrote:

At first glance you killed dan for a false kos that was cancelled, so you may have unintentionally RDM'd. That is worthy of a slay on you.

Yes thank you for helping me prove my point. Kessler got killed because he shot at me and I killed him which is what i was slayed for. So are u telling me that if u accidentally kill an inno because they were kosed and someone shoots at you for killing them that you have to let them kill you? Because then I would think that's a traitor trying to take advantage of this opportunity to kill me. A false kos was called and just because he put "no" under it doesn't mean the kos wasn't called. How was i supposed to know the "no" wasn't him being offered to trade with someone who asked in VC. All I'm saying is admins should deal with the report at hand and not tie it into another potential report. Of course you need the evidence he was in the right to shoot at me but what exactly makes me not able to shoot back? Also let me add I don't think the staff in discussion should be demoted but I think they should be retrained or at least warned. This is a great server and I want to make sure the staff makes the right calls so the players on it feel like this is a professional environment. Thank you. 

(12-09-2020, 06:37 PM)NotRand Wrote: If Kessler reported and Dan didn't, he shouldn't have been slain. That's all. But what's done is done, cant' very well take a slay back, I'm sure everyone will try harder in the future, I apologize for the slay, but do be wary of KOSs that are cancelled. Have a nice day.

But, if we go with Jammin's line of thinking, /several/ people have committed mass because they killed someone and were KOS'd and they killed all of their attackers because that's what you are allowed by the rules to do in this situation, which includes several staff and almost all of the regulars. Which is why we don't employ that line of thinking, and go report-for-slay in almost all cases.
I knew I should make this report because I know the ttt rules very well and thought this slay was unpleasant and unwarranted. Thank you for taking my side it's probably not easy going against a fellow staff member and hope u have a nice rest of ur night/day depending on time zone.

(12-09-2020, 05:37 PM)Jedasis Wrote: I have to agree that this just sounds like an administrative mistake. It happens. We apologize if you've been slain falsely, these things happen from time to time. The staff are only humans, and we don't have all the tools we need to 100% confirm every little thing that happens.
Thank you and I understand how overwhelming staffing can be.

Thank you for replying but I couldn't disagree more. If dan is where it started then he could have reported me and had me slain. But this is an entirely different report because someone tried to kill me for follow a false kos that canceled. Just because the it was canceled doesn't mean I need to let kessler kill me. It makes absolutely so sense and irrelevant to the report and staff should have recognized that.
Yeah my logic was off. Ignore my previous posts (i'm new to da staff).
I had the rule clarified and you always have the right to defend yourself.
Shy
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I cannot believe people exist that make a forum account for the explicit purpose of complaining about a single autoslay
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
A mistaken slay ain't abuse lol
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Yeah one slay, even if mistaken, isn't really abuse at all unless it's completely for no reason. An administrational mistake is not abuse as noted by others here. @bryanbrr can add a slay to himself if he feels like he did something incorrectly but I am not going to enforce that, especially since doing this:  

Quote:[00:00] GAYSALLOWEDNOHOMO [innocent] has been autoslain. 

Isn't really proof of anything. Good day
[Image: b_560x95.png]