Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grapple Hook/Bhopping
Small discovery: you know how everyone is complaining about how bunnyhopping is overpowered ? I just got on TTT for the first time in 6 months, and it's EXTREMELY easy to gain speed. Want to know why? sv_airaccelerate is 1000. The default value is 10. You gain speed 100 times faster than what you're supposed to while strafing.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(12-25-2020, 11:06 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: Small discovery: you know how everyone is complaining about how bunnyhopping is overpowered ? I just got on TTT for the first time in 6 months, and it's EXTREMELY easy to gain speed. Want to know why? sv_airaccelerate is 1000. The default value is 10. You gain speed 100 times faster than what you're supposed to while strafing.
Say what now.... You mean to tell me all this time, that is why some people can go so fast quickly sometimes on ttt? Huh, wonder if that command can ever be changed. Don’t know if it would be alright with most people to change it but I think they should still be able to bunny hop even if you decrease the value right?
(12-26-2020, 05:47 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Say what now.... You mean to tell me all this time, that is why some people can go so fast quickly sometimes on ttt? Huh, wonder if that command can ever be changed. Don’t know if it would be alright with most people to change it but I think they should still be able to bunny hop even if you decrease the value right?

Yes, the command can be changed. All that needs to happen is the number for sv_airaccelerate needs to change in server.cfg.

Bunnyhopping itself wouldn't affected (jumping up and down), but the speed you gain and the control you have while in the air will be significantly reduced. This won't affect normal gameplay, but some players may notice that they can't maneuver as precisely while jumping.

I recommend we set this value to 15 or at most 20 to have a good balance between aerial control and preventing people who know how to bunnyhop from immediately hitting 400u/s in only a couple jumps. With the value set this low, reaching these speeds will take a much longer time.

Give me a(lot of) minutes and I'll record a comparison
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
(12-26-2020, 06:35 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: Give me a(lot of) minutes and I'll record a comparison

(pls dont bully my strafes scrolling is hard)
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
(12-26-2020, 08:53 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 06:35 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: Give me a(lot of) minutes and I'll record a comparison

anyone that doesn't need the jump pack to bhop will still zoom two prime examples are mini and fozzy both I've played with on other servers where they actively make bhopping harder still zoom
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(12-26-2020, 09:33 PM)Happy Wrote: anyone that doesn't need the jump pack to bhop will still zoom two prime examples are mini and fozzy both I've played with on other servers where they actively make bhopping harder still zoom

Are you kidding? Finding a way to stop Fozzy and Minime from bunnyhopping is about as easy as finding a way to stop a teenager from sleeping on on a saturday morning. Besides, players like that are still going to install a bullet into your skull whether bunnyhopping is a part of the equation or not.
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
(12-26-2020, 09:33 PM)Happy Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 08:53 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote:

anyone that doesn't need the jump pack to bhop will still zoom two prime examples are mini and fozzy both I've played with on other servers where they actively make bhopping harder still zoom
Hopefully it’s alright for me to ask a question here happy, but how quickly did players like fozzy and mini gain speed by bhopping on other servers compared to here if you can remember? Either way I don’t know whether or not if people would be mad if the command Russ mentioned changed and it was made harder to gain speed quickly while bhopping. Basically I don’t know what other people’s opinion would be on that.
Bhopping good, grapple exploit bad. At least when you’re bhopping you’re limited to the ground and aren’t flying across the map in a matter of seconds like Superman
(12-27-2020, 02:07 PM).ceebeast Wrote: Bhopping good, grapple exploit bad. At least when you’re bhopping you’re limited to the ground and aren’t flying across the map in a matter of seconds like Superman
I personally 100% agree with this, that's why I ask if I can grapple exploit (Which is always denied)