Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member class? Part Two
I think it would be kinda neat lol
[Image: titan.gif]
All decisions will hereby be made by collective votes of users on the server. There is no longer a managerial hierarchy and everything belongs to the people! Viva!

You’re essentially suggesting implementing a lower staff role than trusted. That’s unnecessary and arguably falls under donor responsibilities.
Just turn trusted into this role like it was years ago. Trusted and Test Mod have always basically done the exact same thing bar karma bans.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(12-27-2020, 05:36 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: Just turn trusted into this role like it was years ago. Trusted and Test Mod have always basically done the exact same thing bar karma bans.

Trusted is literally a Donor role that can slay, so I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.
(12-27-2020, 10:11 PM)Salty Wrote:
(12-27-2020, 05:36 PM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: Just turn trusted into this role like it was years ago. Trusted and Test Mod have always basically done the exact same thing bar karma bans.

Trusted is literally a Donor role that can slay, so I agree with this statement wholeheartedly.
nah just make a donor role that you can have in everyserver one time purchus
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
Part two:
I consider the idea of a community-wide, content and user-centric staff a good option. And the main reason is that it'll be good for the userbase in the long run: this is the idea of giving voice to content creators that could bridge users with staff by adding user creations and of course letting us be a platform to showcase and let creators receive feedback. Regarding events, involvement with users and something to focus as a community; another opportunity to give back to players and of course to make better bonds with users. Adding this division would be good to address two things that I consider weak here: content creation and event organization, while giving a considerable benefit to both parts.

There are two things I want you to bear in mind with this class: it should be of help to the whole community and it should help us (the staff team) bridge the userbase.

The current situation
Having a strong userbase, the idea of a community-wide staff member comes from the relatively small surface to let people contribute to Dinkleberg's: #creations, #music and the community forum (which is not as fast-paced). Staff-wise, staff is server-based, and TTT has a testing committee, which is not as appropiate since it's just for a server and not as concurrently used.

When you, as a player, want some specific content to be added the forums are the best option. Other options include pinging @nicol or other administrators, but specifically @nicol because it's funny. Adding the option of filtering content trough this Community Commitee would democratize things a little by letting a specific group, focused on users, handle requests, test and reduce the workload for admins.

I can't tell so much regarding events other than adding specific maps for a while but I guess that also people with programming knowledge would of course be of help to coordinate event content.

Some details
Let's suppose I take over for a day to add this class: I add an orange badge and the new user class: Community Committee: A class also voted like Trusted. Thinking about the requirements of this class, a good knowledge of how thinks work here along with some experience with the gamemodes (maybe an equivalent of Regular but combined with all or some divisions?) are a must. Also passion for what they do and a desire to contribute. This class would mean that the Testing Committee would need to be removed and instead turned into a wider voting committee for new members.

Responsibilities for this class would include doing 'basic' janitor work for the forums, filtering suggestions and making user content, making maps, fixing bugs as long as they can, coodinating with admins, specially for events and giveaways, improving the aspect of guides and documents (if any) and overall help mantain the aspect and consistency of this place, in terms of what it looks like and how it works.

This class doesn't get any powers in-game but I'd give them a badge or some complementary title. After all they'd be modifying player experience without even having actual powers. Leadership would be made then by the most professional members or the ones with the best sense of teamwork. If you feel the idea of this organization is still limited, I guess this graphic will be of help. Note that the server stack is per-server, by the way.

[img][/img]

The reasons that made me consider that it was necessary are more of thinking about Dan's case (correct me if wrong): I think these platforms offer a good option for 'first timers' to assume a team role on something they like, but dealing with a very fast paced server might be too much for some after a while or something they might not want to do in reality, so another "softer" option that would be of help to both parts is what convinced me to keep the thread: a platform to build a sense of teamwork, to let people create for the community and to bridge us staff with the userbase.
(12-30-2020, 07:17 PM)synthray Wrote: sinp~

Reading this makes me think you mean either,
A. users that are wanting to get into the community and can have some kind of voting power without the forums
or 
B. long time players that dont want to be staff but want to help in a bigger way can by this "community committee"

Regardless of which it is this could be really pointless or somewhat helpful, i dont see a real point in it and how it wouldn't be made fun of as much as the forums already get.

but the thing also with letting the community decide and "test" stuff for the staff is they can miss alot of things (spawns, glitches, out of map areas). and who says they wont just approve something that is completely borked but there trusted, so the think that they did it right but it then is fucked and we have shit broken and gets exploited the fruck outta and we wont be able to remove it for a while or worse it corrupts server info.

I do see positives and im not saying its all a bad idea, but there are a nice bucket of cons.

Voogaz < the chat of "community committee"
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean