Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Normalize RDM Rounds
What about letting the server handle a special round like that? adding a RDM Round would be more of a short last-man-standing round labeled as warming when the server population is >50% but also a good chance for potato PC users to join without the penalty for "not being early".
Murder has this now, a free for all round where everyone is the bystander, given a gun and knife, etc. Their system works well.
I always call it an RDM round (much to @Norm Minder's frustration).

Something similar would be interesting if power rounds would be implemented, but it shouldn't have an impact on your score. Maybe once every 2 maps would be good. By having an RDM round with our current structure, it would potentially have a detrimental impact on someone's score, and that could be taking away a win from someone who was on track for one.

Until then, if anyone consents to fighting, then they surely won't file reports. Staff will always file reports on any purported "RDM Rounds" that are declared. Unless the server is small enough for staff to verify that everybody consents to an RDM round, there is no way to pull this off now.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(12-28-2020, 03:47 PM)Jammin Wrote: Murder has this now, a free for all round where everyone is the bystander, given a gun and knife, etc. Their system works well.
I always call it an RDM round (much to @Norm Minder's frustration).

Something similar would be interesting if power rounds would be implemented, but it shouldn't have an impact on your score. Maybe once every 2 maps would be good. By having an RDM round with our current structure, it would potentially have a detrimental impact on someone's score, and that could be taking away a win from someone who was on track for one.

Until then, if anyone consents to fighting, then they surely won't file reports. Staff will always file reports on any purported "RDM Rounds" that are declared. Unless the server is small enough for staff to verify that everybody consents to an RDM round, there is no way to pull this off now.

I didn't even think about score because to be frank, I've never once cared about that; however, there definitely are people who care about that, so it was inconsiderate of me to try that. Very well thought response, as expected from one of the best lower rank staff members on the TTT team. <3
[Image: 4c9.jpg]
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I enjoy the free for all rounds on murder, I think having some special rounds happen on TTT would be fun as long as it didn't happen so often to be annoying. Once per map at most.
Why don't you just play css

I never want to be rdmd tbh
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(12-28-2020, 02:48 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: Yeah but this opens up the possibility of some jackass on a non rdm round to say its an rdm round then real rdm takes place.
dude that happens like four times daily anyway, sure it could turn into 5 times but in this method the rdm rounds are defined by votes and some shithead cant start a vote unless they give me, dink l bergerson, 15 dollars.
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
imo an entire map dedicated to rdm, big open arena, can only be voted for every 2 maps after it
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
I'd +1 an rdm round vote but the result would have to be near unanimous for it to go through. Also a test mod or higher would probably have to be the only people who can start the vote.
(12-29-2020, 01:18 AM)jingle rats Wrote: I'd +1 an rdm round vote but the result would have to be near unanimous for it to go through. Also a test mod or higher would probably have to be the only people who can start the vote.
^^
If any 1 person doesn't consent (usually due to scoring or what-not), then it shouldn't happen.
And yes, it would need to be someone who can ulx text display.

I still think it'd be better to do as part of a future "special round" implementation as opposed to our current setup.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks