Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are you for or against guns?
I have gun
former admin2
(12-28-2020, 07:32 PM)Jammin Wrote: My "saving" isn't more along the lines of the actual gun but the training to shoot it, proper registrations for my state and county, etc.
I don't have a family at the moment so its not something I feel I need to expedite. Should I wish to do so later I may.

And Not everybody else lives where I live. Those with slower polcie departments should arm themselves to be sure they are protected.
If I lived ~7 blocks east (into the city of Detroit) things would be a lot different - more crime and much slower police. I'd surely be armed then.
But for now, I feel secure with my alarm system, my 4-minute response time from my police station (based on a false alarm time I had last year). and overall lack of violent crime in my particular area. Someday I'll get the money I need for the proper firearm and licensing that my state/county requires, plus I would need to take courses on how to use it. I don't see any reason to do that for now.

Well I personally I don't know of any states that require you to get registrations for your rifle, shotgun, or pistol (other than all the proper paper work from the ATF you do where you purchase said firearm). But I also can't really be aggravated with the fact that you would want to wait until you are actually properly trained before owning one. One thing I can say though is everyone who says they don't have a reason to own a gun always end up owning one because something eventually happens. It is always better to be prepared than to need it and not have it.

(12-28-2020, 02:13 PM)jingle rats Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 01:58 PM)White Owl Wrote: Well Mr/Mrs Jingle I hope you do realize that the background checks we already have in place are even more extensive than the one for a driver's license. At one point in time I sold guns at one of the biggest hunting/fishing stores in the entire U.S. In some cases I saw NICS (the national criminal background check system) would even take up to several months for someone to be cleared. Not only did we run someone's information through a FBI system but we also had them fill out a long questionnaire. Finally the last set of defense is the seller's judgement. We are told that if someone appears suspicious, appearing to do a straw purchase (purchasing a firearm for someone who can't due to legal or age reasons), under the influence (even of legal drugs), if they appear distraught or emotional, we are able to decline the sale. So not only do we have all of these systems in place, we also have the common sense of gun sellers and on top of that even physical paper work. One thing I can agree with is the fact that we need more education. The fact that if you are 18 and can purchase anything that isn't considered a hand gun with no training is quite scary. I say this because the majority of 18 year olds I know who purchase a gun with no prior training or even basic knowledge always has accidents. If there isn't a accident at the very least they are putting everyone around them at risk. I've even had someone play around with a shotgun by aiming it at my face and "fake" pulling the trigger as a joke. After I got mad I asked the person if it was chambered with a slug and they said no, I checked and it was very much loaded (even off of safe). These accidents happen because of misinformation and because people simply don't have access to the proper education on firearms. If our government can provide us firearms, they can also provide us at the very least a 3 day class on safety. In order to get a hunting license in most states you have to go through a hunter-safety course with a exam included at the end. So we can force classes onto people just so they can go hunting but not for the gun they have in their hands that they need to go hunting in the first place?
That is all good to know, I wasn’t sure if every state went by the same background checks. Also yeah I definitely agree probably the biggest point is just educating people about firearms.

This right here is a prime example of why education is important. Background checks are federally required for every single state. The next thing people bring up other than the background checks would be buying guns at gun shows. Look it is most definitely possible to purchase a firearm without a background check but the thing is... any gun owner who wants to do everything properly and legally will keep history of these transactions, serial numbers, and will have you take a background check and file the proper paper work.
is this an actual politics? this is a ttt game dude why
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
(12-28-2020, 09:56 PM)Gabeolo Wrote: is this an actual politics? this is a ttt game dude why

we're bored
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
I hear this person named janie has one
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

With guns ?
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(12-28-2020, 10:44 PM)Paimon Wrote: Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

With guns ?
twitch.tv/foxka
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(12-28-2020, 08:03 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Guns are a lot like cars. They're tools that are completely safe when used by someone who has been taught how to use them and respects the destructive power of them. They only become dangerous when someone using them doesn't respect the tool, doesn't know how to use the tool or wants to use the tool for harm for whatever reason.

Getting rid of a potent tool that people use to cause harm won't change anything, because it doesn't change the number of people that WANT to cause harm. If every gun in America magically disappeared, people that want to cause harm are just going to find another way to do it. In the UK's case, it's knives.
U gought a lisense for that kniofe moite?
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
I'm not a fan of gun ownership personally, but then again, I don't know the issue enough and I'm just one of those "crazy canucks". The whole mass shooting thing is terrifying though....
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(12-29-2020, 10:37 PM)General Lee 2: Lee Harder Wrote: I'm not a fan of gun ownership personally, but then again, I don't know the issue enough and I'm just one of those "crazy canucks". The whole mass shooting thing is terrifying though....

You're still alive???????
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]