Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inserting Images into Threads
Just a quick guide in case some are new to the forums.
I know I've had a few ask how to add the signatures I've made them so I thought this would help a bunch.

First Step
Getting your image!
Your image needs to be in the form of a link. These links will have to end with ( .gif ), ( .png ), ( .jpg ), etc.
Ex.

[Image: ac0bf54984b1a321e484896d8317e742.png]
  • I like to send my downloaded/personally made images/gifs through discord to retrieve a link. ( Uploading image to Discord > Right Clicking > 'Copy Link' )
  • If you are taking from google or anything else you just need to: Right Click your selected image > Click 'Open image in a new tab' > Copy the link if it has ( .gif ), ( .png ), ( .jpg ), etc. at the end.
Second Step
Inserting the image!
Now that you have the image you want, you just need to click the photograph looking button at the top of your thread box:

[Image: unknown.png]

It will show a little menu like this and this is where you insert the link in the URL slot.
( Aka your link ending in ( .gif ), ( .png ), ( .jpg ), etc )

[Image: unknown.png]

Then you click 'Insert'!
Additionally you can also edit the width and height of the image with the (optional) though in a lot of cases this can stretch the image if you didn't calculate the W x H correctly.

Hopefully this helps someone- Unless this is a completely useless thread in the wrong place. Probably is. Who knows.
Don't forget about the optional width and height boxes! Very nice for making images fit in posts without manually cropping them. Looking at you, people who put in 700px high images into their forum signatures Angel

Edit: you already mentioned that.. it's late. Still though. Resize forum signatures
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(05-19-2021, 12:07 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Don't forget about the optional width and height boxes! Very nice for making images fit in posts without manually cropping them. Looking at you, people who put in 700px high images into their forum signatures Angel

Edit: you already mentioned that.. it's late. Still though. Resize forum signatures

You're not my dad.
Dont say “useless thread ”I'm sure this will help everyone on the forum.Especially new people.

(Joined forums year ago and  I just learned how to do it yesterday smh )
(05-19-2021, 12:07 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Edit: you already mentioned that.. it's late. Still though. Resize forum signatures

I'm going to make my signature tall as fuck to annoy you

(05-19-2021, 09:44 AM)Norm Minder Wrote: Dont say “useless thread ”I'm sure this will help everyone on the forum.Especially new people.

(Joined forums year ago and  I just learned how to do it yesterday smh )
I'm glad you find it helpful, I know quite a few people who've struggled with it.