Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Very Serious Topic.
Since I am a discord staff I will say this here.
I have had no idea that this was happening. I have been dealing with my own stuff at the moment (ie: life).

I would love to hop on more often and help out which I have been attempting to do late nights on server but every time I try to help out in any situation in discord I get folks attempting to troll me. So I am just going to put this here: Discord staff are humans and they have real life stuff to deal with too. The team is shrinking because people do not want to deal with the toxic backlash that Discord staff get. You guys caused us so much stress that we left because of it instead of being cool about us dealing with shit the way we were told to.
TLDR: I am resigning from discord staff.

Now, since there is some legal stuff brought up, any future comments will be discontinued and any discussion on this subject will have to be through my attorneys.
-B0T
[Image: s1bMrsR.png]
[Image: l4704yy.png]
To clear up confusion: This is still primarily about Neko, and this thread ultimately serves as a ban request for Neko. The reason, the moderators were brought into this was primarily because of Abdel and his accusation that I was trying to “push a narrative”. (What kind of narrative I have no idea, because that was my first time talking to hornyneko) Then dismissing it as “joksters can’t take jokes.”

As for Ethan and Jammin, no one is trying too “drag them down.” It’s already well established that Jammin is one of the best, if not best moderator right now. However, more than one person felt as if Neko’s comments were dismissed to easily. This isn’t a witch hunt against Ethan and Jammin. This is trying to understand how someone like Neko can continue to make comments (since 2019) like “I fuck mostly little boys” and get away with it. How despite being brought to attention, it got dismissed so easily.

Jammin wasn’t on trial, but honestly context was needed. He gave context, and we accepted the context. He was busy with TTT. He didn’t look deep enough. I still think Jammin is one of the bests (although I’m sure he’s quite sick of me by now). I don’t think it’s unfair to expect more from mods. Could it have been said with more tact, yes, that’s on us and I’ll apologize for that. I’m sorry.

However, Dinks has a history of 2 actual pedophiles. This isn’t out of left field. This isn’t unwarranted. This didn’t go directly to Nicol for a couple reasons: people need to know the comments Neko made, and frankly Abdel’s dismissal and comments were completely out of line. No one is insisting that Nicol is encouraging pedophilia, rather we just want to know why Neko has been around since 2019 despite him making pedophilic comments before. We obviously know Nicol is going take the appropriate action, we’re under no illusion that Nicol just sits around doing nothing. In fact, I’m pretty sure he was at work while this was going on so, there might have not been much he could have done anyways.

Not everything needs to be behind closed doors.

The comments made by this player, are terrible and gross. To some it might just be a gross joke, a weirdo on gmod, or just some weird language barrier but to others it’s more serious. I have had an immediate family member molested by someone who legitimately groomed them online. To see it happen so blatantly, then dismissed by some people is, to be Frank, hurtful to me.

Neko is gross, and deserve a community ban.

Also to reiterate, no one is threatening legal action.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
as a side note, most staff for the dinkleburg servers have no leeway with moderating the discord. The most any non-discord specific staff can do is communicate to the actual responsible staff that such a situation is occurring. As you no doubt could tell from the progression of this thread, there is not very many discord staff and the few we do have are dropping like flies because quite honestly its too much responsibility to 24/7 babysit a bunch of grown ups acting like children. Or in this case, wanting to be children????

Chill out, dinkleburgs is not the center of your universe and its safe to assume that if shit happens then someone is looking into it or has already handled it.
It would really suck if an underaged staff member was friends with someone who was a known pedophile by the admins and they did nothing to warn said staff member to stay away from them. That would be really bad... Wait, this is a different one? Oh. Well the evidence is there so just community ban their ass.
Going to close this thread due to the nature of the issue and the fact that people are getting overtly hostile at each other. It's also likely going to just get shitposted on in the morning which is something I want to avoid with this thread in particular.  

Admins have always handled these matters privately for very good reasons. No, this will not change. Send any additional information to me directly. I'll update regarding actions taken. 
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Neko has been banned from the Discord, having agreed to such a punishment.