Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jedasis's TMod Application
Ingame Name: Jedasis

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:44429375
Discord Tag: Jedasis#9999

Time Played: 200 Hours as Jedasis and as SM7.

When First Joined: 2015 as SM7, April 15, 2020 as Jedasis.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Kinda variable recently, usually after 1:00 PM EST, but I try to be on in the mornings after 9 AM EST.

Rank Desired: TMod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community: Since November 21, 2020 I've served the server as Trusted. Since then I've handled countless RDM reports, gaged or muted people a couple dozen times, and filed 2 ban reports. (More on that later.) None of the regulars seem to have an issue with me, which is actually somewhat surprising, as staff usually gets a bit of a tough crowd on the server. My biggest problems have been running into an issue where a TMod was needed when one was around. While @synthray's recent promotion to TMod will probably eliminate that a fair amount (he's always on the server!) I'd still like to be able to help there myself. So that's the main thing I can bring to the table as a TMod.

Why you want to help the community: It's no secret that at the end of the last year we lost a ton of staff, including a lot of upper staff. As such, it stands to those left behind to step up and fill those shoes. I want to do what I can to help out the server in the absence of people like Dong and Prince Nicky. This is my main motivation for wanting to step up to a TMod.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No, but a ban was requested.

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): Yes, once for trusted, which was accepted.

How did you find us?: Server browser.

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yep.

Other: I'd like to acknowledge my weaknesses here. The big one being my lack of ban reports. I'd like to state this isn't because I don't know how to gather evidence for them. The ban requests I have posted have had solid evidence (except for  this one. I incorrectly assumed a player was ghosting when they weren't.) and I've coordinated evidence with other staff very well. It just happens that players don't really do anything worthy of a ban when I'm on, or if they do a Mod is on and just bans them there, or another staff member beats me to the report (usually Jammin or Synth). So I don't really get a lot of chances to make reports. My other main weakness is that the past few weeks I haven't been playing super consistently. That is my bad, I've just wanted to take a breather from Gmod for a bit. I should be on more frequently in the next few weeks, and I might get the opportunity to make more ban requests. (though hopefully not) I actually don't think this application will get accepted, though I hope it will. This is a good opportunity to gather feedback from other staff about if I've correctly identified what I still need to work on, and if there are any other areas they feel I'm lacking in. Either way, thank you for your consideration.
He/Him/His
Hi Jedasis, I'll edit this later on with comments about your Test mod app.
For now, the link to the ban request is broken for whatever reason; it is likely my potato phone, but in case anyone else has issues viewing it, it is here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=12806
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(01-08-2021, 03:52 PM)Jammin Wrote: -snip-

Thank you Jammin, I'll see if I can edit the post to fix it.

EDIT: Should be fixed.
He/Him/His
+1

I read through the previous ban, and honestly I was surprised because Jedasis, in my opinion, is on the same level as Synthray and Jammin. He's always consistent, he's very active, and he's a great player to play with. He knows the rules, and applies them appropriately. He takes each case contextually and I think that's also a trait of a good staff member.

If the last few months have shown anything, they've shown that Jedasis has grown as a player and hasn't made any mistakes like that again. It shows growth which I think is important trait as a staff member.

Anyways, I know +1s might not matter but I definitely think Jedasis should get a shot at this.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Easy +1, this man is a reliable staff member and will make an excellent tmod
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
Yeah I don’t have any major issues with you. You have been a good staff member from what I can tell and I don’t think you would have any trouble moving up to tmod. 1+, best of luck.
(01-10-2021, 02:29 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Yeah I don’t have any major issues with you. You have been a good staff member from what I can tell and I don’t think you would have any trouble moving up to tmod. 1+, best of luck.

Honestly means a ton to hear that from you, Jesse.
He/Him/His
Jedasis is capable of staffing the server alone. I've seen him do it firsthand. 

He has what it takes to be a Test Mod.

+1; best of luck on your app
I will admit to stealing quite a few of Jedasis' ban requests. Feel free to ping me if you want the next one!
I just like to collect/post as I go.

Overall I feel that Jedasis is ready to go up to that next level and begin his phase as a test moderator.
Pros:
-Active, both in game and in staff discord
-Answers calls to on-call staff
-Handles reports
-Experienced enough for T-mod level (Is he? not a lot of hours there, barely at the minimum for tmod! Jammin you are off your rocker today!) Jedasis has 100 hours when applying for Trusted, so he has a solid 100 hours as Trusted under his belt. He has taken the position and ran with it.
-Able to handle toxic servers well
Cons:
-Hours a bit low overall for a staff member (again, not a big deal, the hours he has are solid)
-Steals my damn RDM reports all the time!!!!! >:(
-Ban requests low, partially due to the reasons described above of synthray (and totally not Jammin) stealing all of them

Overall get your ban requests up, tell me to chill if you are handling them. But you have my support to joint he T-mod team.

+1
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(01-10-2021, 04:07 PM)Jammin Wrote: I will admit to stealing quite a few of Jedasis' ban requests. Feel free to ping me if you want the next one!
I just like to collect/post as I go.

Overall I feel that Jedasis is ready to go up to that next level and begin his phase as a test moderator.
Pros:
-Active, both in game and in staff discord
-Answers calls to on-call staff
-Handles reports
-Experienced enough for T-mod level (Is he? not a lot of hours there, barely at the minimum for tmod! Jammin you are off your rocker today!) Jedasis has 100 hours when applying for Trusted, so he has a solid 100 hours as Trusted under his belt. He has taken the position and ran with it.
-Able to handle toxic servers well
Cons:
-Hours a bit low overall for a staff member (again, not a big deal, the hours he has are solid)
-Steals my damn RDM reports all the time!!!!! >:(
-Ban requests low, partially due to the reasons described above of synthray (and totally not Jammin) stealing all of them

Overall get your ban requests up, tell me to chill if you are handling them. But you have my support to joint he T-mod team.

+1

I'll admit, I am a bit of rdm report hound. But I also get rdm reports done in incredible time >:)
He/Him/His