Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Plan E: Blue Shift
(01-10-2021, 03:35 PM)David Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 11:05 PM)Eternal Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 09:48 PM)David Wrote: -1. You cannot handle the server when you're alone, as you have pinged anytime you are staffing and nobody else is with you, even if there's nothing going on in the server. In other words, regardless of how long you've played, I do not think you are able to hold your own on the server. 

Evan I love you, but this is a no from me. Best of luck on your app.
a trusted vs the server

This would be a solid argument if Evan didn't have more time than practically every single moderator currently on the staff team (if there's some I forgot, oops.): 

Kaptainles: 
452.81667 Hours
Cactus: 
760+ hours
bryanbrr: 
480 Hours 
Chris Farley: 686.4 Hours
Jack: 581.3 Hours
Cake: Aprox. 1000 Hours 

Compared to Evan, with 1136 Hours.

Considering that some of these individuals have literally A THIRD of the time Evan does, Evan has NO excuse to not be able to staff the server alone. The fact he pings every single time he's alone shows he is not capable of being someone who can lead and control a server. A Test Mod needs to be able to handle 32 players alone; there are trusted now that can do it, so to me, it's blatantly obvious that he just simply doesn't have what it takes to be test mod, and that's precisely why he shouldn't be promoted; just because you like someone doesn't mean they deserve a promotion. 
The pure disrespect. I am a mod too!

I think evan is a good staff member. While I do see the point that David and CKG are making, I dont think its that big of an issue. It is easier to staff with other people. You should be able to handle the server by yourself, but asking for help is only going to help fix the issues on the server. I always appreciate having other staff members on and I am a Moderator. I think it would help if you became more confident, but you are a good staff member and you deserve tmod.
(01-10-2021, 06:31 PM)David Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 05:04 PM)Evan Wrote: For the concern regarding pinging I believe I have overcome that flaw of mine.  The main issue I feel was a lack of confidence and the the subsequent worry that I would screw up badly in trying to keep control of a near full server or otherwise "rowdy", thus calling for backup when I didn't actually need it. 

Okay nice, you're self aware. Believing it yourself internally and showing it externally are two different things. I think this also ties in with your ban request issue; so until I see more ban requests out of you, I'm still going to believe that you aren't confident in yourself, as in my eyes, you have yet to prove that you have confidence.

For Jammin's concern regarding ban requests, the main cause for a lack of recent reports was, well, a lack of recent playtime.  So far in my recent playtime I don't think I've had many situations in which I could file a ban request, with most of what I can remember occurring with a moderator online and banning the guy immediately.  

This brings up CKG's issue of you depending on other people to do the job for you. Sure, Jammin presents a strong point that these issues I have might be more prominent from Test Mod to Mod rather than this promotion; however, your lack of ban requests makes people like CKG and me believe that you cannot carry your own weight as a staff member, which might be why it took you 3 times to get trusted. People can -1 me all they want for disagreeing with my views but that won't change my mind on this. I think you need another month to prove to the community you are capable of carrying your own weight.

my responses are in purple.

Also, it isn't a ridiculous notion to expect someone who's been staff as long as he is to be able to carry his own weight on a server. The general consensus is for people to assume I mean that I expect him to be able to handle 32 players with multiple RDM's going on in a round and 6 micspammers. That isn't the case I was trying to make but since individuals believe that is exactly what I am trying to say, I will restate my main argument for clarification.

Evan has 1100+ hours; therefore, my expectations for him to make the jump from Trusted to Test Mod are higher than other applicants, as he has much more experience than most staff members in the community, so that is why I am going to justify being extremely nitpicky. His lack of ban requests and his history of not having confidence in himself are red flags to me, and that is why I cannot and will not support a promotion for Evan at this given time. 

Now, should Evan make more ban requests and show myself and other doubters that he is capable of carrying his own weight, I will gladly support his promotion. Until that though, he should remain as a Trusted.

Just cause Im confused a bit by this Id like to ask for some clarification, if there is a mod on how is that "depending on others to do the job for you"? If a mod is on already to handle the situation there isnt really a need to make a ban request unless it's something like hacking where the mod didnt see what happened so you just upload everything so they can look it over. Evan said the majority of the time he was on recently there was a mod on to handle the situation.
As I've stated before, Trusted is just A beginner role, you can't do much more than donor other than RDM report, T-MOD opens up some commands that allow you to do a better job at being Staff, Between !bring to get players unstuck, !karma to get that 1-hour ban ensuring the Trolls or Massers don't come back for a while, !getcommandtable as you first line to see if suspicious players are hacking (and with the consistency of relay bot it's more valuable than ever), and !fspec. It is my personal belief that the staff team should be mostly Blue. Until you give trusted the basic command to actually staff properly on the server. If you don't want to give trusted basic shit that staff need, Then at least promote them after 1 month if they are doing a decent job.

And that brings me to EVAN he's doing a decent Job, Sure he's not doing an amazing job, but he's still doing a pretty decent job, and that's alright, we cant devote our whole lives to the server, we became staff to make it a better place not sacrifice our lives. As for Evans staffing, Yeah he's still got room to grow as staff, but his hours on the server should hinder that at all. and I believe T-Mod will help him grow as staff. You know he is not just rank climbing as he's been in Trusted a long time. Sure he might not be the shiniest tool in the chest, But he has worked hard, is loyal to the server, and is genuine about improving his staffing. He has earned his Test-Moderator rank.

+1
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
(01-10-2021, 10:18 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 05:04 PM)Evan Wrote: For the concern regarding pinging I believe I have overcome that flaw of mine.  The main issue I feel was a lack of confidence and the the subsequent worry that I would screw up badly in trying to keep control of a near full server or otherwise "rowdy", thus calling for backup when I didn't actually need it. 

Okay nice, you're self aware. Believing it yourself internally and showing it externally are two different things. I think this also ties in with your ban request issue; so until I see more ban requests out of you, I'm still going to believe that you aren't confident in yourself, as in my eyes, you have yet to prove that you have confidence.

For Jammin's concern regarding ban requests, the main cause for a lack of recent reports was, well, a lack of recent playtime.  So far in my recent playtime I don't think I've had many situations in which I could file a ban request, with most of what I can remember occurring with a moderator online and banning the guy immediately.  

This brings up CKG's issue of you depending on other people to do the job for you. Sure, Jammin presents a strong point that these issues I have might be more prominent from Test Mod to Mod rather than this promotion; however, your lack of ban requests makes people like CKG and me believe that you cannot carry your own weight as a staff member, which might be why it took you 3 times to get trusted. People can -1 me all they want for disagreeing with my views but that won't change my mind on this. I think you need another month to prove to the community you are capable of carrying your own weight.

my responses are in purple.

Also, it isn't a ridiculous notion to expect someone who's been staff as long as he is to be able to carry his own weight on a server. The general consensus is for people to assume I mean that I expect him to be able to handle 32 players with multiple RDM's going on in a round and 6 micspammers. That isn't the case I was trying to make but since individuals believe that is exactly what I am trying to say, I will restate my main argument for clarification.

Evan has 1100+ hours; therefore, my expectations for him to make the jump from Trusted to Test Mod are higher than other applicants, as he has much more experience than most staff members in the community, so that is why I am going to justify being extremely nitpicky. His lack of ban requests and his history of not having confidence in himself are red flags to me, and that is why I cannot and will not support a promotion for Evan at this given time. 

Now, should Evan make more ban requests and show myself and other doubters that he is capable of carrying his own weight, I will gladly support his promotion. Until that though, he should remain as a Trusted.

Just cause Im confused a bit by this Id like to ask for some clarification, if there is a mod on how is that "depending on others to do the job for you"? If a mod is on already to handle the situation there isnt really a need to make a ban request unless it's something like hacking where the mod didnt see what happened so you just upload everything so they can look it over. Evan said the majority of the time he was on recently there was a mod on to handle the situation.

It seems to me that you're cherry-picking from what I'm saying and choosing only to respond to certain things I have stated.  To quote myself, " your lack of ban requests makes people like CKG and me believe that you cannot carry your own weight as a staff member, which might be why it took you 3 times to get trusted. " 

Evan's lack of ban requests makes it seem like he depends on others to take care of things for him; even if that isn't necessarily the case, that's the way CKG and myself perceive it.  sure, recently there might be mods on to take care of it, but that doesn't excuse it from earlier in the year when there WASN'T a moderator online.

Hopefully that clears up your confusion.
(01-10-2021, 10:18 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 05:04 PM)Evan Wrote: -snip-
-snip-
To clarify, yes in TTT having a moderator online usually means a ban request is not necessary. However, the evidence still needs to be collected and documented. This is sometimes a group effort; other times it is one lower-rank staff collecting evidence and giving it to the banning staff member.

Something else came to my mind too - bear in mind, some of us who have a lot of ban requests have a lot of "fluff" requests (e.g. RDM & leave) - ones that happen all the time, are easy to collect evidence for, and are not very time consuming. All of Evan's 'recent' ban requests are either mass rdm or, in the case of his last one, teaming along with mass rdm. Teaming/ghosting ban requests are very difficult to collect evidence for and to prove, but Evan was able to get them banned on this particular ban request (mid-July range). So that is to his credit, although again, no recent ban requests until the one that was successfully completed for constant RDM earlier today - which is concerning.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I'm not so sure what the big deal is.
Hes got plenty of time on server. The only difference between trusted and tmod is that he'll be able to manipulate karma and teleport people. Which shouldn't need to be used unless things really stretch that far. Hell even the ability to kick as a trusted is a stretch, I managed to force the admins hand to restrict usage of that ability as my time before mod.
You say that you can't trust him with these powers, but has he ever really gotten a legitimate abuse thread yet? Not that i know of since hes been staff. Even if there was something, I haven't heard any mention of it in the criticism.
Tmod is a BUFFER STATE between the shift from trusted to mod, the word TEST is in there for a reason, its meant to test whether or not you should be given the ability to have instant ban access as a mod. Hence why they give you karma manip and tp in the first place since mods get the upgraded form.
Theres nothing wrong with having concerns, but you can't have students plan and prepare for a test, only to get them cucked by barring off the exam site.
Ban requests are an on and off thing, sometimes you never have to do them, sometimes they come in hordes.
Theres nothing wrong with pinging other staff to come on aswell, when I was still mod, I'd rather have other staff on to do the job for me rather than slave away on my own.
Staffing is a volunteer service, theres no obligation to force yourself to staff at a minutes notice.

Let's be honest as well, most shit goes down once you become test mod, not before it. (Unless you're like me and start an insurrection)

Might edit this, might not.
EDIT: I edited it, reread it for all I care.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(01-10-2021, 03:37 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: Unsure why people are jumping on the "-1 you ask for help and should be able to run a server of 32 people alone with no ability to ban any trolls whatsoever" train, but I believe Evan is more than capable of handling tmod. Asking for help shouldn't be seen as a negative. Even Mods need help sometimes. That's why there's more than 1 staff member on the team to begin with. It's, ya know, called a staff TEAM. +1 from me, I've seen Evan staff and have interacted with him a lot within the servers and discord. He's more than capable.

Time does not equal shouldnt need help.
Asking for help is completely fine, but for me, the concern is consistency at which he does it.  Staff members are not obligated to staff alone but it is not unreasonable, in my mind, to ask that those with t-mod and above to be able to handle a server by themselves.  This does not mean that they have to staff alone but it does mean that they should demonstrate the ability to do so so that if an issue arises on the server that is challenging they will not freak out and overreact or mess up their reaction.  What I have witnessed in my year+ staffing is that whenever Evan is the only staff on the server he pings on-call staff, to me this demonstrates that he lacks confidence in his ability to control or effectively staff the server at any point when he is alone. 

Overall, my questions to Evan would be :
1. Would you feel confident in your staffing ability to be able to handle a full or semi-full server without immediately calling for help?
2. (If No)  How would the new powers, that you would gain through t-mod, help you staff the server if you would still rely on                     other staff members to help you staff or staff for you?
    (If Yes) How would you use the new powers you gain to further develop as a staff member and staff more effectively?

I am still a -1, but this would be subject to change with Evan's responses.
(01-11-2021, 10:13 AM)Ckg Wrote:
(01-10-2021, 03:37 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: Unsure why people are jumping on the "-1 you ask for help and should be able to run a server of 32 people alone with no ability to ban any trolls whatsoever" train, but I believe Evan is more than capable of handling tmod. Asking for help shouldn't be seen as a negative. Even Mods need help sometimes. That's why there's more than 1 staff member on the team to begin with. It's, ya know, called a staff TEAM. +1 from me, I've seen Evan staff and have interacted with him a lot within the servers and discord. He's more than capable.

Time does not equal shouldnt need help.
Asking for help is completely fine, but for me, the concern is consistency at which he does it.  Staff members are not obligated to staff alone but it is not unreasonable, in my mind, to ask that those with t-mod and above should be able to handle a server by themselves.  This does not mean that they have to staff but it does mean that they should demonstrate the ability to do so so that if an issue arises on the server that is challenging they will not freak out and overreact or mess up their reaction.  What I have witnessed in my year+ staffing is that whenever Evan is the only staff on the server he pings on-call staff, to me this demonstrates that he lacks confidence in his ability to control or effectively staff the server at any point when he is alone. 

Overall, my questions to Evan would be :
1. Would you feel confident in your staffing ability to be able to handle a full or semi-full server without immediately calling for help?
2. (If No)  How would the new powers, that you would gain through t-mod, help you staff the server if you would still rely on                     other staff members to help you staff or staff for you?
    (If Yes) How would you use the new powers you gain to further develop as a staff member and staff more effectively?

I am still a -1, but this would be subject to change with Evan's responses.

I am confident that I could handle a full or semi-full server with the only exception being if I had to deal with a large (4+) group of trolling friends particularly set on causing problems.  Individual troublemakers aren't nearly the same concern for me anymore, if they want to cause issues I can just record/screenshot whatever is happening alongside enforcing the rules.

The main T-mod powers I see as helping me staff more effectively are bring, C-say, karma banning, and stop sound.  Bring, self explanatory, helps me move stuck players out of stuck-city.  C-say not only is distinctly and clearly a staff message, but due to how its displayed is pretty hard to miss, making it a pretty useful public address system.  Lot easier for someone to miss you in text or voice chat telling them to stop something than the floating white text in the center of the screen.  Karma banning is basically Kick+, a solid tool to keep someone off the server until a moderator can ban them for real.  Stopsound is a bit less generally applicable, but being able to stop a queue that's extremely loud or otherwise an issue is a helpful tool to have.
Dear Evan,

I was fully prepared not to respond to this due to my lack on ttt time and the fact i know you to be a great staff member and thought this would be an easy pass as some other  staff applications. Here is my take, if there is anyone that deserves a promotion its you, you have helped out for ages and as david said "has more time than any other mod." you can handle the server and other situations t-mod would do nothing but enhance that ability and its good you ping for help, it shows your not afraid to ask for help but that you also put trust into your fellow staff mates. and as what synth said "trusted v server" that could not be more of a understatement with ttt. i know i am not ttt staff but from my time there and what iv witnessed it has got to be hell managing that by yourself and having to keep track of all the slays you have to give(thank god for damage logs).

I cant think of a time i haven't seen Evan not handle something to the best of his ability he is perfect for test mod and i see nothing but positives from Evan having it and the criticisms that i read from david and ckg don't make full sense to me. Evan pulls his weight and at least hes on the server he has the activity and he is just a good staff member. 

Take my +1, and take my c4.

From, A fucking brony
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
Jesus the guy isn’t applying for a government position, you guys are being huge hardos. He does a good job when he’s on and respected by the player base. I don’t know what this nonsense about “h-he pings other admins for help!!”. Asking for additional help isn’t a bad thing, and even when he’s the only one on he does fine.

It’s a test mod position people, relax
[Image: xdjlve.png]