Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I watched The Mandalorian and it changed me
First of all, I apologize for the delay in responding to your unban request. I believe there might be a bit of uncertainty as to who is able to, or can, respond to Discord applications in the absence of a dedicated Discord Administrator. With only two active administrators in the community, however, I'm just going to go ahead and step in. 

A vote and discussion was held between January 28-31 in regard to your unban application involving all of our active Discord staff members. The results were not in your favor. 

One of the concerns raised (and noted by community members as well in this thread) was that you seemed disingenuous and non-apologetic. In fact, your original post came across as a bit of a "shitpost." The passage of time and being bored are almost never sufficient reasons to unban someone, especially with a record like yours. And the quote from Helen Keller, from someone who was banned from the Discord for racism, seems like textbook trolling. 

(01-16-2021, 01:02 AM)CopyrightClaim Wrote: Reason for Admins to Unban:[/b][/font][/size][/size][/color][size=small][size=small][font="Verdana"] Idk I think its been awhile and tbh I just wanna show people the pc I built. Like Im super psyched about it and honestly Im just bored.

As Jammin noted, you have a highly negative past record in the community. On the Discord, this includes six past strikes for infractions including racism, shitposting, and arguing with staff. You have also been previously banned on Discord. And in the greater community, you have been banned from our TTT server at least three times. That being said, I am a firm believer in rehabilitation. Members of this community have been community-banned (the strongest form of punishment) and have later come back to moderate our servers. 

I did recognize that you appeared to be inching closer towards an apology in some of your later posts on this thread. These only came in response, however, to comments that pointed out your lack of apology. 

I recommend that you further consider why you were banned from the Discord both this time and in the past. After engaging in this exercise in self-awareness, I encourage you to write a genuine apology. This apology should demonstrate that you realize not only that you know what you did was wrong, but also why it was wrong. In addition to this apology, I would also suggest that you write up a "plan" for how you will avoid engaging in "[t]oxicity and racism or somethin like that" in the future. With your record, an apology alone will likely not be enough to warrant an unban. We will want to know how you will ensure that we don't have any further repeat situations. 

For all of these reasons, your unban request is DENIED

In light of our delay in responding to your unban request, but also considering the lack of effort that you put into your request, I am setting the time at which you can submit another unban request as 30 days after the Discord staff completed their discussion and vote on your unban request. Therefore, the day at which you can submit your next unban request from the Discord is March 2, 2021

Best,
Nicky