Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ThunderWalrus Admin Application
(02-02-2021, 11:15 PM)Damester Wrote: Despite my disapproval of you I'm gonna give you a +1 because I think we need to fill the admin roles as much as we can on TTT
Feel free to voice your concerns about my staffing. Part of this, probably the most important part, is getting feedback on how I am as a staff member. Thank you for the plus one though!

(02-03-2021, 12:22 AM)synthray Wrote: Unfortunately for the position of administrator just shoveling members in isn't something that would bring a real benefit: instead it would potentially hurt the server. I'm not acquainted with the details but you get the idea.

Regarding Walrus,
Crits: Have never seen a critical view on the server or maybe the community

Praise: No fear to stick to the guidelines and stand your ground with bad users. Even if you get abuse threats, you know what you're doing.
Thanks for the post synthray. I do have some critical views on the server, I mostly voice them in voice chat. I should write them out though so people can look at and discuss. I guess before when I became a moderator we had a lot of staff members and I always left bigger server issues to them as they had more experience. Now I feel that I am a senior staff member and I need to step into that role more and voice what I believe needs to change.
Not that my opinion matters but Walrus' name is synonymous with the idea of overbearing mods who use their mod tools to feel powerful. It's basically an every time sort of thing. The man really loves to jump on opportunities to punish rather than warn even if it's extremely technical stuff that arguably isnt against the rules, or isnt widely known to be against the rules.

There was also an instance recently where a player (who I've since learned was a friend of his) called a false KOS on him and when his body was IDed as inno, I called a KOS on his friend. The friend told me walrus shot them first, I told the friend I had no way of knowing that was true and that's what everyone says, the friend told me they'd report me if I shot them even though it would be following the rules to shoot them. Eventually someone else chimed in and backed up their story so I cancelled the KOS, to which the friend said "sorry you dont get to RDM me this time." I told them that it would not have been RDM but if they'd like I would be happy to RDM them. Walrus DMed me 2 times threatening to punish me for targeting if I went through with the RDM. This was clearly biased as it does not in any way meet the definition of targeting as it is defined on this server, he simply doesn't like me and was bending the rules for his friend.
(02-03-2021, 08:40 AM)Three Tight Holes Wrote: Not that my opinion matters but Walrus' name is synonymous with the idea of overbearing mods who use their mod tools to feel powerful. It's basically an every time sort of thing. The man really loves to jump on opportunities to punish rather than warn even if it's extremely technical stuff that arguably isnt against the rules, or isnt widely known to be against the rules.

There was also an instance recently where a player (who I've since learned was a friend of his) called a false KOS on him and when his body was IDed as inno, I called a KOS on his friend. The friend told me walrus shot them first, I told the friend I had no way of knowing that was true and that's what everyone says, the friend told me they'd report me if I shot them even though it would be following the rules to shoot them. Eventually someone else chimed in and backed up their story so I cancelled the KOS, to which the friend said "sorry you dont get to RDM me this time." I told them that it would not have been RDM but if they'd like I would be happy to RDM them. Walrus DMed me 2 times threatening to punish me for targeting if I went through with the RDM. This was clearly biased as it does not in any way meet the definition of targeting as it is defined on this server, he simply doesn't like me and was bending the rules for his friend.
Without knowing who you are referring to I don't really know what situation you are talking about. In regards to me telling you not to target, I have been told by a couple people that you rdm them consistently hence me warning you to stop. Ironically I could have punished you for targeting but I chose to warn you because sometimes people don't understand that the person they are messing with is not in on the joke. I'm sorry you feel like I am an overbearing mod. I try to follow the rules as best as I can. Every player has access to the rules the second they join. A player like yourself should know those rules pretty well by now but if you need clarification on any of the actions I take feel free to pm me and I will try to explain. Thanks for the post.
(02-03-2021, 11:52 AM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: Without knowing who you are referring to I don't really know what situation you are talking about. In regards to me telling you not to target, I have been told by a couple people that you rdm them consistently hence me warning you to stop. Ironically I could have punished you for targeting but I chose to warn you because sometimes people don't understand that the person they are messing with is not in on the joke. I'm sorry you feel like I am an overbearing mod. I try to follow the rules as best as I can. Every player has access to the rules the second they join. A player like yourself should know those rules pretty well by now but if you need clarification on any of the actions I take feel free to pm me and I will try to explain. Thanks for the post.
What a ridiculous narrative youre trying to generate. In the last month I've gotten 2 maybe 3 slays for RDM and youre really trying to say I target people? Why has it never been brought to me in the form of reports or a message from you directly? The *only* time you've threatened to punish me for targeting was for telling one person one time that I would RDM them after they were goading me about it, which is not targeting as it is defined in the rules. Yo should really know that.
+1 thunder does a good job as staff and is a nice enjoyable person to play with, he also deserves many burgers even more than I could ever make myself. So I think the only logical thing to do is give him admin so he can get his own burgers and I don't have to work to the death!
(02-03-2021, 08:59 PM)Three Tight Holes Wrote:
(02-03-2021, 11:52 AM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: Without knowing who you are referring to I don't really know what situation you are talking about. In regards to me telling you not to target, I have been told by a couple people that you rdm them consistently hence me warning you to stop. Ironically I could have punished you for targeting but I chose to warn you because sometimes people don't understand that the person they are messing with is not in on the joke. I'm sorry you feel like I am an overbearing mod. I try to follow the rules as best as I can. Every player has access to the rules the second they join. A player like yourself should know those rules pretty well by now but if you need clarification on any of the actions I take feel free to pm me and I will try to explain. Thanks for the post.
What a ridiculous narrative youre trying to generate. In the last month I've gotten 2 maybe 3 slays for RDM and youre really trying to say I target people? Why has it never been brought to me in the form of reports or a message from you directly? The *only* time you've threatened to punish me for targeting was for telling one person one time that I would RDM them after they were goading me about it, which is not targeting as it is defined in the rules. Yo should really know that.
Im not going to argue with you. I had people pm me saying they felt as if they were being targeted by you. I pmed you telling you to stop. It it not a narrative it is how I handle situations like that, regardless of who I am dealing with. Like I offered before, if you feel like I am not doing a good job as staff I invite you to tell me how I could do better. If you disagree with a decision I make on the server feel free to pm me or use @ chat so we can talk about it. If you feel as if I bent the rules to protect my friend, whoever that is, I invite you to make an abuse thread. I handled the situation with you how you said I should in your first post. I warned you and left it there.
Thunderwalrus is the only truly bad staff member on Dinkleberg's. Like someone said above, he is very clearly one of those people who gets a thrill out of using his authority to shit on others.

I think people like this would become police officers if they weren't so terrified of IRL confrontation.
(02-03-2021, 09:08 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: Im not going to argue with you. I had people pm me saying they felt as if they were being targeted by you. I pmed you telling you to stop. It it not a narrative it is how I handle situations like that, regardless of who I am dealing with. Like I offered before, if you feel like I am not doing a good job as staff I invite you to tell me how I could do better. If you disagree with a decision I make on the server feel free to pm me or use @ chat so we can talk about it. If you feel as if I bent the rules to protect my friend, whoever that is, I invite you to make an abuse thread. I handled the situation with you how you said I should in your first post. I warned you and left it there.
If youve had people PM me saying I was targeting them you *never* said that to me. The *only* time you have said youd punish me for targeting was the situation I have laid out. A situation where I had not RDMed anyone all night and did not RDM your friend either. If they said I was targeting them you should have looked into the details of the fact that I have literally never RDMed them, let alone been reported for it, let alone received a single slay. Targeting is defined as consistently singling out someone across rounds or maps. I threatened a single RDM. Pretty ridiculous how far youre willing to go with this lie. I might use slurs, RDM people(lately I barely ever even do that), coax others into breaking rules, but I haven't targeted a single person since Captain Price. A guy who, by the way, you were the *only* person willing to defend before you went back and edited your posts on his unban request to make them less sympathetic.
"Things like this should not occur on the server. Captian you need to change this behavior. I would suggest learning how to read the room. Pming people things that cleary make them uncomfortable is not ok and once you were informed that you were making them uncomfortable it should have stopped. You show a complete immaturity that needs to change if you want to stay part of this community."

I also banned steiner for the same thing. I don't need to defend myself about this anymore then that. My only mistake was not being up to date with what was happening with captian price. I edited my posts to reflect my change in opinion when I was informed.

(02-03-2021, 09:32 PM)Minder Wrote: Thunderwalrus is the only truly bad staff member on Dinkleberg's. Like someone said above, he is very clearly one of those people who gets a thrill out of using his authority to shit on others.

I think people like this would become police officers if they weren't so terrified of IRL confrontation.
Thank you for your post. If you have any suggestions I would like to hear them.
+1 One of the best staff members I have ever played with. Best moderator to choose for admin out of anyone.