Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ThunderWalrus Admin Application
?
+1 because Thunder is a senior member in a sense which is important to have around to keep the basic structure of how it used to be (if that is what members prefer anyway). Second off everyone is saying that you are a horrible moderator yet none of them have applied themselves to fix the issue. Nor have I ever seen anyone ever telling you that you were in the wrong on the server while we played. The only thing I've seen is you being very reserved when you play so you can put all your focus towards that issue, which some times can turn into another issue in itself. Either way there are more pros than cons when it comes to Thunder and logically it makes sense to allow a member who really wants to make a difference to prosper in their own wanted environments (admin for you in this case). Either way Thunder is very helpful and courteous as far as I've seen, of course he may act different at different times but I can only tell you what I've seen personally.
[Image: d83a7d79e42c053f62b0f0926d1cf62f.jpg]
(02-04-2021, 12:59 PM)Caddy Wrote:
Lol that actually made me laugh.
(02-04-2021, 12:30 PM)White Owl Wrote: Second off everyone is saying that you are a horrible moderator yet none of them have applied themselves to fix the issue.
I don't understand this argument.
If I complain at a restaurant that the food is bad, and the waiter goes "Well I don't see you going in the back kitchen and making it yourself," I would laugh. It's complete nonsense.

Let me clarify by the way that I quit playing before any of this drama related to Three Tight Holes, and I don't even know who he is. My appraisal of Thunderwalrus as a bad moderator has nothing to do with it, and is based on my personal experiences with him. I actually stopped playing on Dinkleberg's because of Thunderwalrus. Once he decides he doesn't like you, he will do everything in his power to bully you off the server.
(02-04-2021, 02:21 PM)Minder Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 12:30 PM)White Owl Wrote: Second off everyone is saying that you are a horrible moderator yet none of them have applied themselves to fix the issue.
If I complain at a restaurant that the food is bad, and the waiter goes "Well I don't see you going in the back kitchen and making it yourself," I would laugh. It's complete nonsense.

Let me clarify by the way that I quit playing before any of this drama related to Three Tight Holes, and I don't even know who he is. My appraisal of Thunderwalrus as a bad moderator has nothing to do with it, and is based on my personal experiences with him. I actually stopped playing on Dinkleberg's because of Thunderwalrus. Once he decides he doesn't like you, he will do everything in his power to bully you off the server.
As far as I know you were perma banned for harassment, but I could be wrong here. In what way have I bullied you off the server? If you feel that way I apologize. In what way could I have staffed better in your opinion?
(02-04-2021, 02:24 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote:

As far as I know you were perma banned for harassment, but I could be wrong here. In what way have I bullied you off the server? If you feel that way I apologize. In what way could I have staffed better in your opinion?
I'm not banned, lol.

I think if you're truly interested in improving the player-staff experience on Dinkleberg you should resign. The behavior I've seen from you isn't as simple as a mistake, it's outright malicious and indicates (to me) a kind of person who shouldn't be allowed to have any form of authority.
(02-04-2021, 03:08 PM)Minder Wrote:
(02-04-2021, 02:24 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote:

I'm not banned, lol.

I think if you're truly interested in improving the player-staff experience on Dinkleberg you should resign. The behavior I've seen from you isn't as simple as a mistake, it's outright malicious and indicates (to me) a kind of person who shouldn't be allowed to have any form of authority.
To be honest I don't even remember any encounters between me and you on the server. If you had these issues with me you had every opportunity, from bringing it up with me to making abuse threads, to make my "malicious behavior" known. Do you have any examples of me bullying you? It's hard to gage your image in other peoples eyes when its never actually brought up to you. But I guess that that's what this application is for.

What? If you had a problem with the food at a location you go to the manager and tell them exactly what happened if it's that significant. I'm not saying what happened to you didn't actually happen, I'm just saying personally, I've never seen someone directly tell Thunder "hey what you're doing is wrong here is why I think why and how you can do it different".
(02-04-2021, 12:30 PM)White Owl Wrote: +1 because Thunder is a senior member in a sense which is important to have around to keep the basic structure of how it used to be (if that is what members prefer anyway).
No comment.

Second off everyone is saying that you are a horrible moderator yet none of them have applied themselves to fix the issue. Nor have I ever seen anyone ever telling you that you were in the wrong on the server while we played.
The way you structured this sentence is basically telling people to apply so they can fix Thunder being a bad mod. Which makes no sense. In any case, not applying to be a staff member doesn't invalidate someone's opinion, and applying doesn't validate it. What you're implying is anyone who isn't staff has no right to speak about how some staff members aren't very good at their job, which is a very Orwellian style of thinking. On the point of people not telling him he's a bad mod to his face while he's on the server, this is likely due to being afraid of receiving backlash from Thunder or anybody who disagrees with what they have to say. Most of this isn't Thunder's fault, it's because nobody in this community is capable of having a civil conversation without it turning into a riot.

The only thing I've seen is you being very reserved when you play so you can put all your focus towards that issue, which some times can turn into another issue in itself.
I don't know what "that issue" is, but it's not uncommon for staff members to forgo playing the game to handle a report or a ban request or whatever. If by "being very reserved" you mean going AFK, then yes, that is indeed an issue.

Either way there are more pros than cons when it comes to Thunder and logically it makes sense to allow a member who really wants to make a difference to prosper in their own wanted environments (admin for you in this case).
Considering Admins are the face of the community, I don't think there are more pros than cons when it comes to Thunder AS AN ADMIN CANDIDATE. It doesn't look very good if an Admin sits in the game AFK or can't ignore people trying to rile him up, e.g. that dude flaming him earlier in the thread.

Also, according to your logical statement, anybody who wants to be staff should immediately be accepted to whatever rank they want no matter how bad they are, because they want to make a difference and prosper in their own wanted environments. Logically, this statement doesn't make sense.

Either way Thunder is very helpful and courteous as far as I've seen, of course he may act different at different times but I can only tell you what I've seen personally.
No comment.

Responses in red