Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
banned for vague reasons
(02-09-2021, 04:09 PM)brock Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 03:59 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: Whatever man. I'm not apart of your ban from whatever. I'm at work so I'm not really reading too deeply into this. I'm not going to make this thread another arguement between me and you and my warnings have little to nothing to do with you being banned by other staff members. You literally are only here to argue and I'm good on that. If anybody wants to make an abuse thread on me for warning players I'll go ahead and defend my actions there. The way you present yourself is the reason you are always in the spotlight and you cant blame anybody else for that besides you.

I've never been banned nor am I ever in the spotlight. Got the wrong person.
Did I tag you? Sorry I'm on mobile I'll clean uo my posts when I'm off work haha
(02-09-2021, 04:13 PM)Eight Bit Trip Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 03:26 PM)brock Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 03:18 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: I'm not going to fall for your bait, but why would lie? I did what I saw fit at the time. I have nothing to do with your discord ban and I do not know any ongoing jokes between you and burb. I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that.

1.) It's not bait, it's clearly demonstrating that your reasoning that you just presented in this thread, does not match up with that occurred in game. You're inconsistent and made a terrible move. Instead of owning up to it, you continue to backtrack.
2.) I didn't get banned from discord.
3.) No one said anything about an inside ongoing joke between "me and burb". For one, I explicitly said it was other players making jokes. Secondly, "I do not know any ongoing jokes between you and burb." is such a weak copt out because it's demonstrably there in the chat box that she didn't care. You issued the warn, after she had said "1 obviously" and "LOL". On top of that, as I mentioned before it had been a 10 minute long bit.

Either you gave the warnings because you thought it was a slur (which was the original reason), which other staff have already said it's not. (Or rather, the word is distasteful but not punishable under the rules) Or you gave the warns for insulting another player (your reasoning now), which is shown otherwise because the said person didn't even find it insulting. On top of that, Kizzy, Filth, myself and everyone else following winter parsely got warned for using the term exclusively. None of us said it directed at anyone.

Also just on a side note, if you look at the screenshot I posted, after the vote was made I had even said "abstaining" because I thought the vote was cringe.
I don't believe that this unban request has anything to do with what happened in the game. I think this user was banned from discord due to his actions, trolling, debating and arguing to start drama with others in the discord server. Not TTT.

If that's the case, then I won't be replying anymore. Since there wasn't any evidence publicly posted it was hard to tell.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(02-09-2021, 04:13 PM)Eight Bit Trip Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 03:26 PM)brock Wrote:
(02-09-2021, 03:18 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: I'm not going to fall for your bait, but why would lie? I did what I saw fit at the time. I have nothing to do with your discord ban and I do not know any ongoing jokes between you and burb. I've said my piece and I'll leave it at that.

1.) It's not bait, it's clearly demonstrating that your reasoning that you just presented in this thread, does not match up with that occurred in game. You're inconsistent and made a terrible move. Instead of owning up to it, you continue to backtrack.
2.) I didn't get banned from discord.
3.) No one said anything about an inside ongoing joke between "me and burb". For one, I explicitly said it was other players making jokes. Secondly, "I do not know any ongoing jokes between you and burb." is such a weak copt out because it's demonstrably there in the chat box that she didn't care. You issued the warn, after she had said "1 obviously" and "LOL". On top of that, as I mentioned before it had been a 10 minute long bit.

Either you gave the warnings because you thought it was a slur (which was the original reason), which other staff have already said it's not. (Or rather, the word is distasteful but not punishable under the rules) Or you gave the warns for insulting another player (your reasoning now), which is shown otherwise because the said person didn't even find it insulting. On top of that, Kizzy, Filth, myself and everyone else following winter parsely got warned for using the term exclusively. None of us said it directed at anyone.

Also just on a side note, if you look at the screenshot I posted, after the vote was made I had even said "abstaining" because I thought the vote was cringe.
I don't believe that this unban request has anything to do with what happened in the game. I think this user was banned from discord due to his actions, trolling, debating and arguing to start drama with others in the discord server. Not TTT.
I mean the reason i got banned was super vague and seems to be about multiple unrelated things. Among the 'evidence' linked to me was a couple of comments about how walrus went mass warning people for saying the T word in spite of it not being considered a slur. It's pretty well known to just about anyone that there are only 2 words you cant say and tranny isnt one of them. Legit every screenshot of the 5 pieces of 'evidence' seemed mostly unrelated to eachother so it's all pretty unclear. I mean one of them was for the comment that "im coming for those tranny teeth!" which is pretty blatantly a completely nonsensical joke. I just threw the word tranny on it because people were already discussing how walrus was getting upset about it in game.

(02-09-2021, 03:59 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: Whatever man. I'm not apart of your ban from whatever. I'm at work so I'm not really reading too deeply into this. I'm not going to make this thread another arguement between me and you and my warnings have little to nothing to do with you being banned by other staff members. You literally are only here to argue and I'm good on that. If anybody wants to make an abuse thread on me for warning players I'll go ahead and defend my actions there. The way you present yourself is the reason you are always in the spotlight and you cant blame anybody else for that besides you.
lmao @ walrus directing comments about me at random people. took me a hot minute to figure out what this even meant before i realized it was all referring to me and not the guy he was talking to. I guess anyone who thinks you abuse your role just instantly gets turned into me in your head. should I be flattered or worried?
In my first comment on this thread, I mentioned that I would have preferred a ban request rather than a jump to a ban. The reason for that was to allow our Discord staff members the opportunity to upload and share the evidence to the rest of the community and allow Nate, and perhaps others, to defend himself.

Since that didn't happen, I will go ahead and post the evidence that I was able to find from our Discord in the past few days since your first warn.

The messages that you wrote clearly demonstrate all of the aspects that were cited in your temporary ban by the Discord staff team: "Trolling/Flaming/Disrespect/Harassment/Enticing Drama"

In fact, you outright admitted to at least one of these ban justifications on a message from 1/31/21, where you wrote "ive [sic] been doing my part to stir up drama"

The rest of these messages that I copied certainly show the other justifications as well. 

Trolling, and racism as well, is pretty obvious from your attacks on "white culture" and frequent use of derogatory terms describing certain members of the LGBT community specifically to spite members of the staff team that had recently chosen to limit the use of that term. The comment on 2/6/21 where you stated "I'm not even allowed to talk about my hatred for white people" is one such example. 

Harassment also appears evident. In a comment deleted by Synthray on 2/7/21, it looks like you used that derogatory term towards LGBT community members in a harassing manner by writing "Thought that t***** would never get lost" in reference to a specific player. Additional evidence of harassment, or targeting, is seen on 1/29/21 when you made reference to an "unnamed micspamming egocentric e-thot" who you believed was receiving disparate treatment from members of the admin team. While it is true that you chose not to specifically name that person, it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who you were referring to. 

Flaming and disrespect are also quite clear. In several messages (1/29/21 and 2/5/21), you referred to our Discord staff member, Synthray, as "simpray." You additionally leveled offensive comments at Jammin on 2/7/21, writing that "jamming is just a whole other breed of hypersensitive." Even outside our staff team, on 2/7/21, you referred to another member of the community as a "beta cuck."

Besides the flaming, disrespect, harassment, and trolling being evident and cited by me above, the comments also demonstrate a general desire to entice drama. You have engaged in multiple arguments with several members of the Discord server in the past few days. It seems as though much of your activity in the Discord is simply meant to cause a ruckus, rather than engage in normal conversations related to the server, life, or just sharing friendly jokes and memes. 

I find it amusing that you strongly attack and criticize "e-girls" for seeking attention, yet it appears that you have a desire to do exactly the same thing. 

After my review of the evidence, I believe that the Discord staff made the correct decision in banning you. It appears that they were being quite generous by only banning you for five days. 

[Image: nate1.jpg]
[Image: nate2.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

i thought you were better than this nathaniel
Hi Nate,
I am posting this for two reasons: to respond to your request for an unban, providing organized evidence and commentary on what led up to your ban; and to defend the allegations made against me. I would encourage you to write an abuse thread if you believe that any actions I took were truly abusive, rather than discuss them in an unrelated unban request.
Based on the evidence provided below, I will not support any type of undoing of the ban put into place by Synthray. However, due to directly banning (as opposed to muting and filing a ban request), I would not oppose any reduction that the Admin team felt appropriate, should they feel one is appropriate.

Evidence?
The evidence for the ban: https://imgur.com/a/heIV5ly
Rule 2.d states: “Using offensive language (racism, sexism, etc) towards other people is NOT allowed in any form. Specific derogatory terms at discretion of staff are NOT allowed.”
While the use of the ‘t-word’ is not directly a slur as generally enforced by the staff team, some players were taking issue to it. I was also informed that staff members were enforcing the issue on one of the game servers.
As such, I took action to remove any posts that used the word from discord. I DID NOT ISSUE ANY PUNISHMENTS at the time – I only removed the posts. I decided I would seek clarification on the rule later and inform any persons that such conduct would not be welcome in the future.
However, you continued to flame Thunderwalrus and myself – Thunder for actions taken on the TTT server, and myself for actions taken on discord. I note that these posts violate this rule:
Rule 1.b states: “This also applies to flaming. Be civilized. Do not personally attack/gang up on another user.”
The tipping point here is the last image, where another, non-staff user was targeted. That user’s name will be censored for purposes of this discussion.
Those two rules being violated ultimately led to your ban. It was not just tied to the use of the ‘t-word’, and no punishment happened solely due to the use of that word – it occurred due to the harassment of players, and the enticing of drama that has been ongoing for the past two weeks.
Why a ban?
Per the Discord Moderator guidelines (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11412), the main issue GM Nate has been having on discord falls under the following category:
Trolling/Flaming/Disrespect/Harassment/Enticing Drama
Trolling is the continuous disregard of the rules by breaking multiple while ignoring warnings to stop. User disrespect and harassment come in many different forms but usually target an individual/specific group of people.  Flaming is a form of disrespecting users in that the person maliciously sends insulting messages directed towards another user/group.  Enticing drama is an attempt to spark arguments between users in a common public space usually started privately in dms or another discord.
Punishments:
Punishment 1: Verbal Warning in DMs discussing misconduct
Punishment 2: Strike and DM discussing misconduct
Punishment 3: Mute (based on severity of offense) and DM discussing misconduct
Punishment 4: Temporary ban to permanent ban

Punishment History: (as far as I can see)
Punishment 1: Strike
Date: 2021/01/29
Staff: Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca
Reason: “it doesn't matter if you don't like someone, there's no need for attacking other players. We all know who you're referring to”
Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/FtsbXrG

Punishment 2: Mute (2 days)
Date: 2021/01/31
Staff: Synthray
Reason: “inappropriate behavior and enticing drama in #ttt and #creations”
Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/2Ly6Ouk

Punishment 3: Strike & Mute (1 hour)
Date: 2021/02/06
Staff: Synthray (mute) & Jammin (strike)
Reason: “Enticing Drama”
Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/ROrSNgN
Additionally: I also DM'd you regarding this situation.

Punishment 4: Ban (5 days)
Date: 2021/02/09 (today)
Staff: Synthray
Reason: “You've been banned (5 days) for enticing drama and flaming. You can find more evidence here: https://postimg.cc/gallery/t4sxVzK. The current stage for 'Trolling/Flaming/Disrespect/Harassment/Enticing Drama' is now a tempban. Feel free to make an abuse report or an unban request if you think something is wrong.”
Evidence: https://imgur.com/a/heIV5ly

Personal comments regarding my staffing
Regarding me being "hypersensitive"
  • It takes a lot to offend me – I don’t really get where I have a sensitive nature. While you have flamed me several times in the discord, I took absolutely zero action on anything directed towards me. My job as a staff member of the discord is to ensure the rules of the discord are enforced. When posts violate those rules, I enforce them.
  • However, I am very easy going. Take soup/ernie/rylo – I all but ignore their shitposting in #general (unless it gets out of control). In fact, I participate in it a bit myself.
  • I draw the line at harassment of others. When other users are bullied, I take action – this usually results in a simple removal of the bullying post – repeated actions may result in actions, such as a strike.
Regarding the "T-Word" situation
  • I removed posts containing that word, as there was some active discussion as to whether the word was a slur. Additionally, discord users at the time appeared to be sensitive to the word (not me, others). Thus, I took down posts from several users who had used the word, while awaiting clarification on the rule. I did not issue any DM’s, warnings, or strikes for this situation.
Regarding our personal issues
  • My “vendetta” against you – I don’t really know where you are getting this from. I’ve issued one strike to you (and DM’d you about it) – and deleted offending posts from you in relation to the punishments above. I'm pretty sure every post i've deleted of yours is provided in my evidence package. I’m sorry that you feel I have a vendetta– because it really isn’t true. I literally only react to you in a negative manner whenever your actions are demeaning another person.
  • If you ever want to chat in private about the issues you have with me, I’d be happy to try and find some common ground.
Regarding external evidence/discord
  • All evidence was solely from the Dinklebergs GMod discord - either from #ttt (or #creation) or for deleted messages, the message archive system (a discord staff-only channel)
  • I am a member of exactly 3 discord channels:
  •     Dinklebergs GMod
  •     Dinkleberg’s GMod Staff
  •     Uchiha Pack (@dong’s personal discord - I’ve posted a total of 7 times – four of which were NFL Football related, 1 about the weather, and 2 shitposts. Sorry for leaking that)
Conclusion:
Several discord staff members have taken action in mitigation of your behavior, based on the evidence I provided (as well as what Nicky provided earlier in this forum thread). I feel that a ban was the appropriate punishment, though I also feel you did not have the chance to defend yourself. Now that I've provided the evidence used in various actions taken, if you still would like to appeal for an unban, this is your opportunity to defend yourself and/or try to resolve/apologize for the situation, as you deem appropriate. At this moment, I do not support an unban, and will defer judgement on a reduction.

Thank you for your time.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Heads up here is some personal advice for next time because this will envietably be denied. Don't insult the staff members who banned you. Have a nice time and good luck on the unban request!
Just to be clear, the collage you posted includes at least two posts of me stating I have sex with transgender people with no attacks on anyone or negative connotation attached to it at all. (in response to being directly attacked by aethy) On what planet is that a violation of any of these rules? It also includes some extremely blatant jokes such as "can you even call yourself a TTT player if simpray doesn't find you offensive" "i got muted and warned for talking badly about white people welcome to biden's america" "in the good old days i never got gagged for slurs" "this has been a raid by the spare tooth gang! You ve been warned. Were coming for those tranny teeth" and "I'm just here to stir up drama" pretty absurd since these are all obviously jokes and are on par with the type of offensive things others say on the server on a daily basis.

The collage also includes multiple posts that are simply me criticizing things that were not against the rules being scrubbed, or expressing being upset over receiving a strike for something that is extremely tame compared to the type of stuff constantly posted. I mean one of them is just me demanding simpray remove my strike, as a response to how people in the chat were commenting that what I said should not warrant one.

It also includes some posts that were deliberately stripped of their context such as me referring to aethy as a 'beta cuck' and a 'reddit kiddo' words which are not part of my regular vocabulary that I only used as a satire of the way 4chan users speak, since he was repeatedly and vehemently insisting I must be one.

The only things I can see on this list that actually meet the standard for any of the rules you claim I violated are jokes about how the staff are racist (no comment,) jokes about how I hate white people and the part of white culture that is hypersensitive (I am mixed race and the white culture where I grew up is not similar to this weird internet echo chamber where all the whites are offended on behalf of the blacks who arent offended) and i guess technically a couple of these posts could be considered personal attacks? Albeit they were all responses to others attacking me personally but presumably we all got warns for arguing to meanly?

Basically the only things I've done in the time since I was last punished are call someone a tranny, call jammin hypersensitive for removing posts that are not against the rules, joke that I've been censored for my hatred of whites, state that staff used to let me say slurs, and talk about the fact that I am a bisexual man who has had sex with transgender people aka trannies. TBH it kind of seems like the only one of those that could actually be considered against the rules is calling aethy a tranny, but i had honestly totally forgot about it since far worse is allowed on the discord on a frequent basis, and i wasnt punished until over 2 days after all those posts.
(02-10-2021, 05:33 AM)Three Tight Holes Wrote: Just to be clear, the collage you posted includes at least two posts of me stating I have sex with transgender people with no attacks on anyone or negative connotation attached to it at all. (in response to being directly attacked by aethy) On what planet is that a violation of any of these rules? It also includes some extremely blatant jokes such as "can you even call yourself a TTT player if simpray doesn't find you offensive" "i got muted and warned for talking badly about white people welcome to biden's america" "in the good old days i never got gagged for slurs" "this has been a raid by the spare tooth gang! You ve been warned. Were coming for those tranny teeth" and "I'm just here to stir up drama" pretty absurd since these are all obviously jokes and are on par with the type of offensive things others say on the server on a daily basis.

The collage also includes multiple posts that are simply me criticizing things that were not against the rules being scrubbed, or expressing being upset over receiving a strike for something that is extremely tame compared to the type of stuff constantly posted. I mean one of them is just me demanding simpray remove my strike, as a response to how people in the chat were commenting that what I said should not warrant one.

It also includes some posts that were deliberately stripped of their context such as me referring to aethy as a 'beta cuck' and a 'reddit kiddo' words which are not part of my regular vocabulary that I only used as a satire of the way 4chan users speak, since he was repeatedly and vehemently insisting I must be one.

The only things I can see on this list that actually meet the standard for any of the rules you claim I violated are jokes about how the staff are racist (no comment,) jokes about how I hate white people and the part of white culture that is hypersensitive (I am mixed race and the white culture where I grew up is not similar to this weird internet echo chamber where all the whites are offended on behalf of the blacks who arent offended) and i guess technically a couple of these posts could be considered personal attacks? Albeit they were all responses to others attacking me personally but presumably we all got warns for arguing to meanly?

Basically the only things I've done in the time since I was last punished are call someone a tranny, call jammin hypersensitive for removing posts that are not against the rules, joke that I've been censored for my hatred of whites, state that staff used to let me say slurs, and talk about the fact that I am a bisexual man who has had sex with transgender people aka trannies. TBH it kind of seems like the only one of those that could actually be considered against the rules is calling aethy a tranny, but i had honestly totally forgot about it since far worse is allowed on the discord on a frequent basis, and i wasnt punished until over 2 days after all those posts.
Look man, you can't just use the fact that you have gotten away with it before in your life to justify doing it now to people that can get offended by it. I don't think any one here really cares who you have had sex with and how you treated them. There are billions of people on this planet, you haven't met them all. If you have trouble defining the word you used as a slur, do some research into it.
You also can't justify your own actions based off of others, that is a cop out of taking responsibility for the choices you have in your life. You can't control anyone, but you can control what you do. If my dad called me a Odd Fellow and hoped I died with aids when I was experimenting and thought I was gay, and I turned around that thought it was okay to say that to other people that would be pretty fucked up if I said "Well, my dad says it to me so that must mean it is okay.".
You can't walk into a store, and steal something. Then when the manager comes up to you and asks for it back you say "Well hey, my friend is the assistant manager and he said it is okay." to justify doing something that isn't right.
You should also take into consideration your self appointed nicknames to others, such as "simp"ray. I don't know if Synthray has a problem with it, in fact I would assume Synthray is massively unbothered by it considering the way you treat them and the lack of respect you have shown towards them. But a name has power, and people define themselves for a reason in life. You can't go around calling every person "George" because you see them as less of a person than you and choose not to learn their name and turn around and call your friends by their name because you see them as someone you like. That has an intent behind it that is spiteful whether or not you try to get along with everyone in the end.

The matter of fact here is it seems is you were being warned for what you were doing and chose to continue to do it anyway, within a weeks time. That itself I feel justifies this ban. You can argue what you think is right or wrong. At the end of the day you were being told what was wrong and continued to push those lines towards members of the staff and received a punishment for it.
Surprise! I'm back!

[Image: pvJCHKP.gif]
This is what ultimately triggered your ban, as I linked above:
[Image: 8OOvBRK.png]
Some may term this as sexual harassment.
This person, whom I will keep anonymous, didn't ask to be targeted in this way, and doing so was inappropriate.

The reason this was a ban as opposed to other action was due to the number of actions previously taken.

In any event, discussing "white culture" and frankly any issues relating to ones sexual preferences, or social issues of today have no place in a gaming discord. These issues are a surefire way to encite drama, which is why we restrict these issues being discussed. You received 3 warnings for your nonsense, but as you said yourself - you are just here to stir up drama.

-Have a personal issue with someone? Take it to DMs.
-Have an issue with how a staff member of any server acted? Take it to the forums in a abuse report.
-Have an issue with "white culture" or someone's sexuality? Take it to a community that wants to discuss those issues.

I'm done addressing the matter, as I don't see this situation ever resolving itself, and I don't see any use in going back and forth. I am against any form of reduction or unban, and I hope you understand that I will seek a more permanent/long-term ban from discord should these issues of harassment, flaming, and stirring up drama continue once your ban is resolved.

My advice to you, should you wish to rejoin the discord server on Saturday, is to stop stirring up drama. Talk about TTT things in TTT. Talk about your computer setup in gamingsetups. Don't talk about other players in a demeaning fashion - whether they be staff, donors, or guests.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks