Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[test]Ashley's Trusted App
Ingame Name: [test]Ashley

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:78221356

Time Played: 102.9667 hours

When First Joined: October 2020 

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I usually play in the evenings heavily but also play during the day.  And even sometimes late at night! 

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community?: I am so lucky to be part of the community and I would love to help it stay positive and welcoming.  The community has been so welcoming to me and I want to bring another eye to the team so we can continue to have fun and keep the server safe.  I know my way around Gmod/Prop Hunt and have made myself well-acquainted with the rules and procedures.  I am someone who knows when to not be serious and when to be serious.  I keep a level head and can take on trolls when needed.  I would love to help fill any times of the day or night that other staff may not be on.  

Why do you want to help the community?:  This has become my new home when it comes to Gmod and it is a place I want to protect and keep the PH  experience fun by following the rules.  The people I have met here are kind and aren't afraid to constructively criticize you when it's needed, and this has allowed me to grow.  The staff has been so very helpful to me, and I have translated that into helping new players get familiar with how the game and server both work.  

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts):  No

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): No

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? OBS or Bandicam

How did you find us?: Played GMOD years ago and this is the first server I found when coming back !

Other: Even if this app is not approved, I want to thank everyone who has been kind to me.  I would absolutely love to help out even more in this community, because it has already given me so much.   I have come to really appreciate the friends I have made here.  I look forward to growing with you, now or later!  Thank you all <3
Former Discord Moderator and Prop Hunt Trusted 2021
Hey girl, thanks for applying!

You are on often and are SUPER helpful, the player base likes you quite a bit and trusted is a pretty simple step up from donor, I don't see this being an issue, but I would like to see a little more from ya in terms of ban requests since I don't see any from you. Being able to record and gather evidence and create a ban request is a great help for us to make sure the server is running in a smooth manner and the watch list is being updated.

Right now I am totally neutral to this, I'd be happy to welcome you into the PH team, but I really would like to see some ban requests come through. If you need any help with those, feel free to ask! I am more than happy to give you a hand.

Best of luck lil bean!
Go away
(02-19-2021, 03:28 PM)MissPauling Wrote: Hey girl, thanks for applying!

You are on often and are SUPER helpful, the player base likes you quite a bit and trusted is a pretty simple step up from donor, I don't see this being an issue, but I would like to see a little more from ya in terms of ban requests since I don't see any from you. Being able to record and gather evidence and create a ban request is a great help for us to make sure the server is running in a smooth manner and the watch list is being updated.

Right now I am totally neutral to this, I'd be happy to welcome you into the PH team, but I really would like to see some ban requests come through. If you need any help with those, feel free to ask! I am more than happy to give you a hand.

Best of luck lil bean!
Oh thank you so much for your reply.  The only reason I don't have any band reqs yet is because the mods are so darn quick to get in there and get things taken care of.  They zoom ! :) I will for sure try to do it more often and look for those opportunities!  <3
Hey Ashley,
I will give my full honest opinion. I see that you are active as heck especially in the last 30 days(provided below) with days off give or take, You are very welcoming and friendly to new players, you are helpful to the staff when it comes to ghosters, you know how to handle yourself with mic spam, and when to ping if things are too much for you(if someone doesn't get to it before you lol). Those are all good qualities to have! You've proven that you are very much so interested in helping the server in anyway you can.

[Image: a1039c7636b5d183a20ccb3676aa0134.png]

The thing is about being staff is that you'll need to know how to record (There's a list of programs in this thread), how to make a Ban Request if upper staff aren't available to get on, and to ask for help when you absolutely need it in terms of almost full server, mass trolling, etc. And if things like trolls come on, you need to know where to draw the line with arguing and the flaming against you as a staff member.

I also want you to take into consideration the little life you are carrying- I know you've told me in DMs and then openly told the server a few days later that you are indeed carrying a baby. Are you willing to staff the server and take care of the baby? Or even yourself when the time comes to deliver? I don't want you to stress too much. Your life is very important and I want you to take care of yourself and the precious one.

If anything and you still absolutely want to become trusted and help the server-
it's a big ( +1 ) from me. I'm rooting for ya! Good luck!
Sorry my response is a mess and has like a handful of tangents-
I played with you quite a lot. You are a very fun person to play with, you are always eager to help to calm down troublemakers when staff aren't around and you do not interfere when they are on. You stay calm no matter what and I've never seen you using your commands unfairly.
Yes, you haven't posted ban requests. But you can record and collect evidence as you said you use OBS or bandicam. That's very important for staffing the server.
It's a +1 from me. Best of luck!
Helpful knows well when to use his power ,when to have fun and when to take the game seriously .The only problem seems to be recording, and I hope you can handle it.

I think trusted rank will be a good start +1
(02-21-2021, 05:07 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: Helpful knows well when to use his power ,when to have fun and when to take the game seriously .The only problem seems to be recording, and I hope you can handle it.

I think trusted rank  will be a good start +1
Norm thank you so much for the reply.  I have OBS and Bandicam and have recorded evidence before but a mod got it taken care of before I needed to upload it :)  Thanks again <3
Hey Ashley!

From what I've seen on server you're super helpful and even try your best to communicate with staff about situations, etc. You're active on the server and made friends with some of the regulars in game too. I have no objections against you becoming Trusted you're, in my opinion, pretty well equipped!
Just one thing I want you to keep in mind that, if you've been through some of the most recent application posts, may greatly affect you: burn out.
It happens to everyone and it, in my whole-hearted opinion, hits like a truck. Life either just gets in the way or you just can't seem to want to get online, etc. Just remember to take breaks and relax once in a while. C: I'm not trying to scare you or anything, by the way, it's just something you sometimes have to remember to do.

+1

I hope to see you in game and with that shiny new Trusted badge c;
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]
Hi Ashley!

For starters, I think you would fit well into staff. You're a positive, well liked member of the community whom as far as I can remember, has never caused any significant issues on the server. You have shown how you are capable of calming down troublemakers, as well as having a great grasp on the rules and technicalities. I've seen and gotten to know oodles of staff in gmod, and I believe you'd be a great one given the experience. You're mature, intelligent, and a great friend. An easy +1 from me!
Hey Ashley!

I wanted to give some feedback even though we dont play together often. I dont wanna keep repeating the ol' burnout message (even though it is very important). I also would love to see more from you in ways of ban reqs and interacting with the community. I see your name pop up a bit but not a lot, and this just could be me missing you so dont take it too seriously.

I also want to let you know that being staff can change the game a bit, you have to remember that people you have played with for a while are still subject to rules, and that if you become staff you would not be obligated to be there at the beck-and-call of anyone. I like to tell this to new applicants because they might not think of it, we have all gotten dms personally calling us on instead of the ping method for discord. I really dont like seeing that so I just want to make you aware of that if you get accepted. ( im not saying you cant receive messages like that and respond but it makes it difficult for other staff to know whats going on if there is no widespread ping. PLUS we dont want anyone becoming a slave to the server so the ping allows for anyone to get on instead of one person being pressured to get on through dms.)

I have witnessed your kindness on server but I would still love to see and hear you interact with staff online. I know you've said that you have tried to stuff but the staff team being too fast for it, well in that case let the staff know that you are there to help or have evidence if needed. (in game just let us know through the @ and if back up is needed we know you are there).

I'm going to remain neutral for your app just because I havent played with you a ton but seeing all the other feedback you are receiving gives me confidence in you moving up toward staff. Good luck my dear and remember to have fun.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.