Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source Games, Aggression & Depression
So I've been playing source games for a very long time.. movement is a huge deal for me in a first person shooter, and nothing else feels quite like a game on the source engine. However, for a pretty long time (about 4 years), when I play source games, I end up feeling a lot more aggressive and overall sour after a little while. The games are fun and all, and they feel good to play, but I just feel awful after playing them.

I'm kind of wondering if anyone else has this problem.. I don't have this problem with anything else. Source games, especially Garry's Mod, are the only games that make me feel like this.
(02-24-2021, 12:04 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: So I've been playing source games for a very long time.. movement is a huge deal for me in a first person shooter, and nothing else feels quite like a game on the source engine. However, for a pretty long time (about 4 years), when I play source games, I end up feeling a lot more aggressive and overall sour after a little while. The games are fun and all, and they feel good to play, but I just feel awful after playing them.

I'm kind of wondering if anyone else has this problem.. I don't have this problem with anything else. Source games, especially Garry's Mod, are the only games that make me feel like this.
im confused, is it specifically how movement is or just the game and mechanics in general?
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
(02-24-2021, 12:53 AM)MillyDilly` Wrote: im confused, is it specifically how movement is or just the game and mechanics in general?
I just like how they feel to play.. movement is very free, unlike games like COD where everything has a set "animation"
Valve incorporated subliminal messages to make people buy more TF2 crates but it spread to all other forms of the Source Engine.

Sources: Dude trust me
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I'd say it's because of the moody aspect of the game it's based (HL2) for gmod. Combined with color correction and lighting it contributes to the uneasiness. CSGO never gave me that feeling. I'd say because of the varied atmosphere the maps provide
I would say the atmosphere and perfectionism, these games heavily reward being the best and if you aren't they become frustrating at times. I would say also when you play something enough you are always looking at the negative side because that initial wonder of doing something new is now gone. I've had these feelings before and when they pop up every once and a while I just take a month or so hiatus.
I get like that sometimes too. Mainly, for me, it's the graphics, lighting, and quick movements (especially with Garry's Mod). Eventually I start feeling "meh" or even start to get a headache.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]
The only source game i feel like that is Bloody Good Time that game feels just lazy with how the movement and lighting is
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)