Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Third times the charm.
Ingame Name: MissPauling

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:503019588

Time Played: 657.83 hrs

When First Joined: August 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 6pm - 10pm Monday to Friday & whenever on Saturday and Sunday, usually on around noon until 2am (GMT-7) : this MAY differ, with clinical practice: This is similar to my previous app for T-Mod because I am still in my clinical until April 2021, I had to take some time off from the server to focus more on schooling with having an exam every fuckin week. Hec. 

Rank Desired: Mod

Current Rank: T-Mod

What can you do to help the community?: With having a better understanding of how T-Mod works and working a lot closer with the Moderator team on bans I have a greater respect for all yall nerds. Being that we often find ourselves in a spot where a temp ban works wonders, being able to access bans that require longer times would be helpful to have an understanding on. I did take quite some time to do my first ban as a T-Mod because I was scared - lol no joke - but I am feeling more confident and asking more questions to the team and myself on if I am doing the right thing or not. Having the staff guidelines open on my tabs while in server has been super helpful to correct any errors I may be making, hey man, I am only human, I make mistakes. 

Why do you want to help the community?: I love this place, even if some of yall drive me mental, you always keep it fun. I want to be able to be part of the Mod team to help lighten the load a bit and take some of the stressors away from other staff who are unable to be at their computer when donors call or other staff need a hand with dishing out punishments or keeping the server level. 

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): only joke bans, including the one I did on myself.... 

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): 

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=12989 : t-mod app, approved

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11624 : trusted app, approved

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Heck yes

How did you find us?: I stumbled into this place once a long time ago and I haven't been able to leave as of yet. 

Other: So this is the area where I come to talk about meeee :) I can be stern, and hard and come off really heavy headed and serious but I do so for the right reasons, and I promise that. Sometimes I do let some annoyances get the best of me, but alas, I am a simple human who does have emotions. I like to make sure people are still able to have fun while respecting and understanding of the rules. I like to think that I am easy to reach out to and talk to if there is a concern, and quite honestly I encourage it. I can come off really rude and trust me when I say that is NOT my intention, I don't like to beat around the bush. Lets hash it out, sort out the issue and move along. My attitude is something I am always striving to work on, same with tone of voice haha. Those are things I respect not everyone can understand, but I am always looking for areas of improvement and even if it hurts my feelings, I greatly appreciate it. 
Go away
My only concern, you and I have discussed this, is that you do sometimes say something inappropriate. This generally comes along when you take things too far when getting after someone. You did touch on it a little bit in the application above and I do know that you still say some of the things that are too far, but now you do it not on server. You have learned to either not go to far at all or do it in such a way that the other person cannot hear what you are saying and does not subject the players to what you are saying/typing in chat. This means to me that you realize the problem, have discussed with me the problem, and have implemented a couple of solutions until you found the one that works best for you and the server.

You meet all the requirements, you are active everywhere, help players out, and genuinely care about this community. You are willing to learn and apply concerns or new concepts and I believe you would do just fine as moderator.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
No offense  I'm definitely not going to bring my personal problems here ,I don't hate you, you don't hate me .There's no problem between us .But I have a question mark about you on the server.

You're rude to those who try to help you.People may not know how to handle trolls or catch them ,but there's no reason to be rude to them.Sometimes you're very rude to ghosters trolls etc, yes,yes they are ghosting , but they don't commit a real crime.For example, "You are a ghosting,  you are very suck at it "Like I said, they're ghosting, but they can come back and  they can be educated.And I don't think a moderator should write this in an unban request " -1 get better at lying"As I said, Sometimes people can make mistakes, but there's no need to be rude to them.They can learn from their mistakes and follow the rules on the server.And sometimes you get angry at ghosts and trolls,My idea is that a moderator  should always stay calm and handle  them.

Another problem is that sometimes on maps you don't like"sick of this map? Type !RTV in chat"when you have a map that you don't like, you spam this  ten times in maybe more all rounds .You may not like the map, but you can't force them to play other map.Some people like the map ,some people don't, I think !RTV write 2 times can understand 1 round.

And when I asked you why you did killbind, you said You could .But I didn't see any staff doing it ,or the moderators .I think you shouldn't do it .When you want to stay Afk, just stay afk and let people kill you .It's not a big deal, but it's in the rules .

Any questions ,or if you think I'm wrong  Norm Minder#5392

I'll tell you again, I don't hate you ,but I'll pass on the problems I'm uncomfortable with on the server here, I'm sorry
Fish has already addressed the only issue and I know that you try hard not to get frustrated with the server and have definitely improved on this. 

You are dedicated, helpful and always willing to help others on the server and in discord. 

Yes you are the kind of person who is straight to the point and tells things as they are, but honestly that’s one of the things that I love about you. I know I will always get the truth, no bull shit. 

As for the comment Norm made about you dying in game, I hope he realises that we all die during rounds not to AFK but to gather evidence of cheating/ghosting that may be going on. 

I do not see any reason why you shouldn’t be on the Mod Squad. +1

Good Luck
[Image: unknown.jpg]
(02-21-2021, 05:09 PM)[pink] Pixie Soldier Wrote: Fish has already addressed the only issue and I know that you try hard not to get frustrated with the server and have definitely improved on this. 

You are dedicated, helpful and always willing to help others on the server and in discord. 

Yes you are the kind of person who is straight to the point and tells things as they are, but honestly that’s one of the things that I love about you. I know I will always get the truth, no bull shit. 

As for the comment Norm made about you dying in game, I hope he realises that we all die during rounds not to AFK but to gather evidence of cheating/ghosting that may be going on. 

I do not see any reason why you shouldn’t be on the Mod Squad. +1

Good Luck
If she did it as a hunter, I wouldn't have to bring it here .But what's the point of catching hackers when you are prop  ?If you explain it to me, I'll fix my comment.

No repply again At the beginning of the round, she said im going to afk there is no way someone  get stuck in 1 second.Alto thats the point i give her -1 ?Not gonna argue  have a good day .
If she did it as a prop it was likely to check if someone was in an illegal spot or to TP someone who was stuck. 

Unfortunately as staff I rarely get to actually play the game as staffing takes priority.
[Image: unknown.jpg]
Hey Pauling, Thanks for Applying!

Moderator, its a big step. I do want to address something different than others, you're timing and activity. You just got done with classes and I know you're currently getting serious with your line of work. I know how busy you got when it came to classes/work, yes you have the current activity to become a moderator, but if accepted, how will you handle your timetable. Last time you got accepted as Tmod, you poofed, granted you got on when you could. I understand life is more important and it gets in the way randomly, I just want to know if right now is the correct time. 

Another thing as fish addressed, you can say an inappropriate thing or two, but not in the server which is fine. We moderate the overly sexual with the possibility of children being on or just people getting uncomfortable. I've seen you not address others for their inappropriate comments, and comments towards you, you allow it cause it may not be bothering anyone at the time, but why allow it at all. I don't want to create a situation where I do something unconsciously and others do it too because it's something I did because I'm a mod. We always do something where we then explain ourselves that we did it in a way that doesn't hinder the rules, but others don't care. Recent scenarios take place where I don't feel its my place to intervene because its not hurting anyone and not breaking the rules, but it is mildly sexual, and I don't feel we should be creating such circumstances where it's allowed to continue going. 

If I had to cast a vote, you've done nothing wrong in the sense that I see that you're unfit for the rank. I have no problem with you being a mod, just acknowledge your surroundings abit better.  (+1) from me

any questions head them over to me on discord, words are hard, and I try my best to word them best I can
It's a +1 from me, of course.

You are very active in the community, you add a lot of fun to the gameplay. Even when enforcing the rules you try not to sound strict, but calm and relaxed. You are quick at catching haxors and ghosters. If someone has a concern about someone else's spot or actions, you immediately jump to spectators to check. You answer pings when you are able to and you are always helpful towards newbies.
People here love you, you're a wonderful member of the community.
I believe you will make a great mod!

(02-21-2021, 04:19 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: Sometimes you're very rude to ghosters trolls etc, yes,yes they are ghosting , but they don't commit a real crime.For example, "You are a ghosting,  you are very suck at it "
Oh, come oooon. You don't have to babysit those who ruin the game for others. And they do suck.

(02-21-2021, 04:19 PM)Norm Minder Wrote: And when I asked you why you did killbind, you said You could .But I didn't see any staff doing it ,or the moderators .I think you shouldn't do it .When you want to stay Afk, just stay afk and let people kill you .It's not a big deal, but it's in the rules .
Hmm.  
I remember the only time I accidentally killbinded as a prop (it happened at the very first second of the round, because I was spamming it since the hunter round like crazy) and was immediately jumped on be two staff who made it clear for me that I did a bad and shouldn't do it ever again. 
So, I can see your point here. Even if you're a staff, you must follow the rules so that others won't be confused or frustrated. 
And as a staff you don't have to killbind to check other people's spots, you can just join spectators.
+1

I don't really have anything corrective and or negative to say other that what Abdel brought up about time and being able to get on. Life can and always will get into the way of things and that's okay. Don't stretch yourself too thin trying to juggle between things or burn yourself out.
You're an honest and sarcastic person who knows her way around how to handle the server. You're always helpful in and off server. I really do believe that you'll make an awesome moderator.

Stay smexy, Pauling c;
Hope to see you on the mod team Heart
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]
Hey Pauling!

Ok, so this is an interesting decision for me. For the basics, you're a kick ass person, who knows the ins and outs of the server better than the burger fast food restaurant. I know from experience that you do take your position on the server extremely seriously, and you are not hesitant to take action upon those who oppugn what is permissible.

However, you can be somewhat rude to those who break rules, and you occasionally delve into subjects that may be borderline inappropriate. Now. Those who know me, know that I like to look at people in a good light, and that's what I'm going to do here since those are both verbal points of conflict. But, I would have to say that I would be looking for improvement in those categories if you are to become a mod.

Other than that, you're as shiny as every freaking kricketot I click on. You pay attention on the server, you're active, you're helpful, you're intelligent and you'd be a great mod. I hate saying anything negative about you, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives so you're getting the +1 from me!