Requesting an Unban
Sorry if I came off as dismissive btw. But literally I only heard of something like this happening when you change your console rates/commands. It’s very odd and I don’t think people can really just take your word for it unless you can prove you didn’t change your console commands or anything like that. Unfortunately I can’t remember the specific console rate regarding the jump pack.
(02-22-2021, 04:59 PM)jax Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 04:57 PM)J3T Wrote:
(02-22-2021, 04:32 PM)synthray Wrote: Never in this whole time I had seen someone gaining a little of momentum with the jump pack. Yes, the thing is broken, but saying that it's just matter of keeping (JUMP) pressed is surreal.
It's hard to believe, I know, but I managed to do so by first holding my jump key and then left-clicking. I'll attempt to replicate it once I'm able to find another sever where the jumppack is available.

Just FYI you can just download the files from the workshop, then use it on single player mode.
I'd thought of that but couldn't find the jumppack when searching for it in the workshop. Know of any link?

edit: disregard my question -- forgot that I could find the workshop files by simply searching. been away from garry's mod for too long it seems.
Ah i remember this sort of thing, Avi (a previous admin) had mentioned this was an exploit regarding the jump pack, i don't know the specifics on how its done but its considered an exploit as far as I remember. If you're on the discord, I linked the context just now in the #TTT Section
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
This is very probably something wrong with the jump pack. Most jump exploits are done with altering what packets are sent to the server with a hack client, but lag comp usually makes this look.. very weird. Those recordings look "normal".

@"MillyDilly`" can you send me the jump pack code from your copy of Pointshop 2?
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Mind opening GMod and telling us the value that pops up when you type cl_cmdrate in your console?
(02-22-2021, 06:18 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: This is very probably something wrong with the jump pack. Most jump exploits are done with altering what packets are sent to the server with a hack client, but lag comp usually makes this look.. very weird. Those recordings look "normal".

@"MillyDilly`" can you send me the jump pack code from your copy of Pointshop 2?
no i cannot because the one i was using to see what could and couldent work wasent mine and i no longer talk to that person
Without a concrete way to prove this is exploited thus far I can't support an unban. If however you figure out the information to replicate this send it to a staff member. If this is indeed an easily to replicate issue then I would be in support of unban and treat jump pack exploiting just like grapple exploiting. Right now -1, but I am open to changing my vote.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
I've sent the jet pack to Russ so maybe he can check it out.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(02-22-2021, 08:20 PM)Battons Wrote: Without a concrete way to prove this is exploited thus far I can't support an unban. If however you figure out the information to replicate this send it to a staff member. If this is indeed an easily to replicate issue then I would be in support of unban and treat jump pack exploiting just like grapple exploiting. Right now -1, but I am open to changing my vote.

Per Mana’s response in discord, this is already an established exploit. In March of 2020 a player named shiraku was doing the same thing, using the same method. I think this should be an unban, with the stipulation that he does not do it again and does not teach anyone it.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(02-22-2021, 10:29 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: I've sent the jet pack to Russ so maybe he can check it out.

Code:
if self:GetOwner():KeyDown(IN_JUMP) then
     self:GetOwner():SetVelocity(self:GetOwner():GetUp() * 12)
end

That's all the logic that happens with the jump pack. You hold the space bar, and whatever your upwards facing vector is gets multiplied by 12 and added to your current upward velocity. The only way to break that is to lie to the server about what your upwards facing vector is. That doesn't make a lot of sense though, since GetUp() should always returned as a normalized vector no matter what the client vectors actually are (no value should be greater than one), but you could probably get past that somehow. No idea there..

I tried to make a hack that replicated the jump pack's effects on the clientside by using hooks like SetupMove, etc. and I couldn't get anything to work. I'm not a hacking expert though..
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide