Requesting an Unban
Ok so, since it has been treated as exploiting in the past and if your cmdrate did in fact change. I will 1+ an unban so long as you do not continue to do it. Also I did in fact look up the rule in the motd and it does indeed fall under exploiting. It says something about not changing rates in console I believe to abuse in game items.
(02-23-2021, 05:43 AM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Ok so, since it has been treated as exploiting in the past and if your cmdrate did in fact change. I will 1+ am unban so long as you do not continue to do it. Also I did in fact look up the rule in the motd and it does indeed fall under exploiting. It says something about not changing rates in console I believe to abuse in game items.

Did anyone actually verify that cl_cmdrate was the culprit? I tested it out and it does change the jump height a little bit, but doesn't come close to anything we're seeing here.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(02-23-2021, 12:55 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 05:43 AM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Ok so, since it has been treated as exploiting in the past and if your cmdrate did in fact change. I will 1+ am unban so long as you do not continue to do it. Also I did in fact look up the rule in the motd and it does indeed fall under exploiting. It says something about not changing rates in console I believe to abuse in game items.

Did anyone actually verify that cl_cmdrate was the culprit? I tested it out and it does change the jump height a little bit, but doesn't come close to anything we're seeing here.
Well I mean that is how it’s happened in the past, but jet hasn’t answered yet so I’m just saying if it is the cmdrate thing then it’s a exploit.
(02-23-2021, 12:55 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:

Tried testing it out as well, couldn't replicate the "flying" either. J3T posting a demonstration / demo would help out though.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Alright I replicated it in testing with a server tickrate of 66 using cl_cmdrate 66, but not on Dinks TTT. Trying to set cl_cmdrate 66 in console and then running cl_cmdrate gives this:
Code:
"cl_cmdrate" = "33" ( def. "30" ) min. 10.000000 max. 100.000000
** NOTE: The real value is 66.000 but the server has temporarily restricted it to 33.000 **
archive
- Max number of command packets sent to server per second

Can anyone else confirm?
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Was around with Matt and Avi whenever the dude in 2020 did this same thing on the schoolday map, its an exploit.
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
(02-23-2021, 01:36 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Alright I replicated it in testing with a server tickrate of 66 using cl_cmdrate 66, but not on Dinks TTT. Trying to set cl_cmdrate 66 in console and then running cl_cmdrate gives this:
Code:
"cl_cmdrate" = "33" ( def. "30" ) min. 10.000000 max. 100.000000
** NOTE: The real value is 66.000 but the server has temporarily restricted it to 33.000 **
archive

Can anyone else confirm?
I got on the server now in ttt and I can confirm this same message popped up. Now I guess we have to wait for jet to explain themselves or show us their command rate I guess.
Seeing as this can be considered an (exploit) and has been J3T only time he has been in trouble for anything server-related, I think we should serve this as a warning with an unban with the purpose of not allowing this to happen further. J3T seems very sincere about this incident and we shouldn't punish someone so severely with an honest mistake when he didn't know. 

+1 for an unban.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
regarding 'cl_cmdrate,' I'll just admit that I'm not too knowledgeable regarding that specific command. I know what it stands for, though I have no recollection of ever using it nor do I know its proper application. if I hadn't said this already, nothing was modified to my knowledge; to reiterate, the only thing that I did -- and this was, again, accidentally found -- to initiate the glitch was press and hold my jump key and then press and hold LMB immediately after.

Code:
"cl_cmdrate" = "30" min. 10.000000 max. 100.000000
archive

the text above displays what I have by default, though I haven't yet checked to see if that changes when using the exploit. apologies if this hasn't added much clarity, but I don't really have much to offer as far as an explanation goes -- all I know is how I did it.
(02-24-2021, 01:16 PM)J3T Wrote: regarding 'cl_cmdrate,' I'll just admit that I'm not too knowledgeable regarding that specific command. I know what it stands for, though I have no recollection of ever using it nor do I know its proper application. if I hadn't said this already, nothing was modified to my knowledge; to reiterate, the only thing that I did -- and this was, again, accidentally found -- to initiate the glitch was press and hold my jump key and then press and hold LMB immediately after.

Code:
"cl_cmdrate" = "30" min. 10.000000 max. 100.000000
archive

the text above displays what I have by default, though I haven't yet checked to see if that changes when using the exploit. apologies if this hasn't added much clarity, but I don't really have much to offer as far as an explanation goes -- all I know is how I did it.
I mean the thing is I think they would need to know how you did it exactly so I really don’t know what to tell you unfortunately. Like they need to be able to replicate it I think like battons said. I don’t think holding down space and then holding down mouse would do it and I don’t think anyone else has been able to do it yet aside from that one user a while back.