Requesting an Unban
(02-24-2021, 01:16 PM)J3T Wrote: regarding 'cl_cmdrate,' I'll just admit that I'm not too knowledgeable regarding that specific command. I know what it stands for, though I have no recollection of ever using it nor do I know its proper application. if I hadn't said this already, nothing was modified to my knowledge; to reiterate, the only thing that I did -- and this was, again, accidentally found -- to initiate the glitch was press and hold my jump key and then press and hold LMB immediately after.

Code:
"cl_cmdrate" = "30" min. 10.000000 max. 100.000000
archive
- Max number of command packets sent to server per second

the text above displays what I have by default, though I haven't yet checked to see if that changes when using the exploit. apologies if this hasn't added much clarity, but I don't really have much to offer as far as an explanation goes -- all I know is how I did it.

Were you holstered? Did you crouch jump? Did you need speed?
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(02-24-2021, 03:00 PM)jax Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 01:16 PM)J3T Wrote: regarding 'cl_cmdrate,' I'll just admit that I'm not too knowledgeable regarding that specific command. I know what it stands for, though I have no recollection of ever using it nor do I know its proper application. if I hadn't said this already, nothing was modified to my knowledge; to reiterate, the only thing that I did -- and this was, again, accidentally found -- to initiate the glitch was press and hold my jump key and then press and hold LMB immediately after.

Code:
"cl_cmdrate" = "30" min. 10.000000 max. 100.000000
archive
- Max number of command packets sent to server per second

the text above displays what I have by default, though I haven't yet checked to see if that changes when using the exploit. apologies if this hasn't added much clarity, but I don't really have much to offer as far as an explanation goes -- all I know is how I did it.

Were you holstered? Did you crouch jump? Did you need speed?

I was (usually) holstered, yes, because that's the only way I could get it to work, and did intermittently crouch-jump. speed did help, but I wouldn't say it was necessary.
I see your willingness to assist us in understanding what took place and I think you should be allowed back under the context of if you do it again you will be punished for it just like grapple exploiting. It seems this is just an accidental exploit and I don't think you should have to suffer for it. +1 for unban on our watchlist.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
To be unbanned. Continued use of exploits will result in a permaban.
[Image: b_560x95.png]