Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Draft Teaming Rule Proposal
(02-28-2021, 10:41 AM)jax Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 01:58 AM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: Moderate Teaming
-A traitor giving an innocent a T weapon, with the innocent then using that T weapon to damage other innocents without any unforgiven reports being filed is a form of moderate teaming. 

Can you elaborate more on this? There have been times that as a T I’ll drop C4 in the middle of a crowd, and hope that an innocent uses it (because let’s be honest TTT players are dense) or sometimes they’ll plant it for 10 minutes, and another innocent will try to defuse and fail, and kill everyone with a blast.
Is the innocent warned for teaming? Or both players?

Sometimes I’ll drop a bold booze and then when I see an innocent drink it, I’ll KOS them for being a speedy boi.

Also, great write up. I’d like to see these changes implemented.
No reason for the T to be warned, as t buddies can see C4's.
As far as the inno goes, unless the inno sees the T plant and ignore it/not kos/etc, I don't see an issue with them taking a stab at defusing the c4. Their actions could result in people dying, or could result in them being a hero. Unless the T planted the c4 right in front of the inno and inno did nothing about it, I don't see the issue in the inno trying to defuse.
Now the inno arming the C4? there is absolutely no reason to do so. They are liable for each and every kill you get. But this is RDM - the only teaming I could see here is the traitor giving the c4 to the inno.
a. Traitor gives C4 to inno --> traitor teamed moderately, inno teamed moderately assuming they didn't call/try to kill traitor
b. Inno arms c4 --> not teaming but this inno is liable for rdm reports
c. Inno-armed c4 explodes/kills other innos - disarmer not guilty of anything, arming inno guilty of all deaths reported as RDM
Nothing involving the C4 arming/explosion should result in teaming, only rdm for the idiot who armed it. Only the act of the traitor giving the inno a c4 should result in teaming.

Quick thought here: I think what is drafted is really good for the staff guidelines. However I think we should consider maintaining a briefer definition in the rules formally.
I think rule 5 should be rewritten altogether, but i'll propose that at a later time. For now, I updated Nicky's rule to be written into the guidelines, with the general definition only added to the rules (if people wish for more clarification they can click and go to the guidelines for examples). I also updated each example to indicate who t-baited, and updated

New Teaming Rule Proposal:
Replace the second bullet point in Rule #5 with this:
"Do not team, which is defined as partnering with another player in order to frustrate the prupose of the game. This occurs when the collaborating players are on opposite teams, with one being a traitor. Classification and examples of what does/doesn't constitute teaming can be found in the staff guidelines."

Additionally, we should consider adding a new section dedicated to Teaming in the staff guidelines, separated from the Metagaming section.

Teaming

Teaming is defined as partnering with another player to frustrate the purpose of the game. This occurs when the collaborating players are on opposite teams, with one being a traitor. Teaming is classified into two different categories: moderate and severe. Staff members should err on the side of caution when determining what category an instance of teaming should fall under. The examples provided in these guidelines are illustrative and are not an exhaustive list.

Not Teaming

Situations that do not result in any game disruption are not teaming and should not be punished.
-Reviving an innocent as a traitor and immediately killing them (or attempting to immediately kill them but being killed by the innocent player) is not teaming.
-Being revived as an innocent is not teaming. It is fair for the innocent to assume the reviving player is also innocent.
-Letting an innocent into the T room with the intention of killing them, or letting them in by accident is not teaming.
-A detective giving a detective item to a random player, unless that player is known to the detective to be a traitor/is KOS'd.

Moderate Teaming

Moderate teaming involves situations where the teaming results in minor game disruptions. In these instances, at least one party is aware of the teaming and can reasonably expect that it will result in disruption to ordinary gameplay.
-An innocent choosing to not try killing a known traitor (but not helping them in any way) is a form of moderate teaming done by the innocent.
-A detective providing a known traitor with health equipment for their exclusive use (like a bold booze, health station in a T room) is a form of moderate teaming done by the detective.
-An innocent following around a known traitor all map with neither killing the other and resulting in round delays is a form of moderate teaming done by both players.
-A traitor giving an innocent a T weapon, with the innocent then using that T weapon to damage other innocents is a form of moderate teaming done by the innocent player, if no valid and unforgiven RDM reports were filed.
-A traitor reviving an innocent and letting that innocent kill them alone to allow them to boost their score and win the map is a form of moderate teaming done by the traitor. The emphasis here is that there must be an actual impact on the scoring.

Punishments
First Offense - Warning (Properly logged into watchlist and awarn)
Second Offense - 24 Hour Ban
Third Offense - 1 Week Ban
Further Offenses - 2 Week Bans

Severe Teaming

Severe teaming involves situations where the teaming results in major game disruptions. In these instances, both parties are actively working together to achieve the other’s objectives and are fully aware that their activities will defeat the objectives of the game.
-A traitor letting an innocent into the T room when it is, objectively, neither an accident or with the intention of killing them, resulting in the deaths of at least one T buddy is a form of severe teaming done by the traitor if the T buddies are not warned beforehand.
-A traitor reviving an innocent with that innocent then killing your T buddies, but choosing to spare you at any point is a form of severe teaming done by both players.
-An innocent, or traitor, helping kill members of their own team in conjunction with a member of the opposite team is a form of severe teaming by both players. This could be done so directly, such as an innocent and a traitor standing side-by-side and shooting anyone that enters a certain room. This could also be more indirectly, such as by trapping multiple teammates in a room to allow a traitor to plant a C4 outside.
-A traitor calling out the names of other traitor buddies (without justificaton) is a form of severe teaming done by the traitor. This does not count instances where the traitor was around a t buddy, witnessed his buddy kill, and KOS's his traitor buddy (who would be/is already KOS'd) in an attempt to "appear innocent".

Punishments
First Offense - 2 Week Ban
Second Offense - Permanent Ban

-----------------
thoughts on this rewording?
I like the edits Jammin made

One extra edit I would make, based on what Tequila Sunset mentioned:
"-A traitor letting an innocent into the T room when it is, objectively, neither an accident or with the intention of killing them, resulting in the deaths of at least one T buddy is a form of severe teaming done by the traitor if the T buddies are not warned beforehand."

Addresses the situation of a T buddy letting an innocent into the T room to cause other innocents to kill each other out of confusion and mayhem. 

I think it's best to keep as many examples in the guidelines as possible rather than keeping it streamlined. Players consistently express frustration with staff discretion, and while the examples may not cover every situation, they make it much easier to understand where an action falls. 

Rules can stay brief about the subject of teaming, though they should include language like Jammin recommended.
Edited that rule in my post
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
[Image: bump.jpg]

Hi, we first started considering a new teaming rule in October last year. It's been almost six months - let's go ahead and whip out that Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V and get this done!
@bryanbrr @Battons
[Image: xdjlve.png]
It's currently in talks right now. With the introduction of new commands (eventually) and revision of those rules. This rule and the parameters the TTT admin’s sets for it will be implemented at the same time.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
coming back from the dead to bump this
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Sorry I didn't realize it had already been this long. Currently Bryan and I are discussing and finalizing any changes and plan on implementing many if not all of these suggestions in Nicky's main post soon. Again I apologize for keeping people in the dark on this. I'd love to see if anyone has any other suggestions before we make these changes.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]