Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC suggestions?
Anyone have any pc recommendations? Looking to spend around 1500-2000.
Yes i'd recommend a PC. Getting a mac isn't ideal for gmod.

In all seriousness, it depends on what you are using it for. For gaming make sure your graphics card has good vram, etc.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I would recommend looking at some retailers for a pre-built computer, since the shortage makes it very hard to buy parts like the GPU on its own.. a lot of people don't like the pre-built computers but they have improved a lot in the past 5 years

Only thing I would stay away from CPU wise is Ryzen 2xxx series processors, compared to the Ryzen 3xxx series processors they're not good and the price isn't much different. GPU wise.. eh, they all do the same thing nowadays unless you want the person in the game to reach out and make out with you or something.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(03-13-2021, 01:29 AM)Stress Queen Wrote: I would recommend looking at some retailers for a pre-built computer, since the shortage makes it very hard to buy parts like the GPU on its own.. a lot of people don't like the pre-built computers but they have improved a lot in the past 5 years
Well I plan on buying a pre built and then just changing out the parts as I see fit like if I needed a stronger cpu/gpu etc

(03-13-2021, 01:17 AM)Jammin Wrote: Yes i'd recommend a PC. Getting a mac isn't ideal for gmod.

In all seriousness, it depends on what you are using it for. For gaming make sure your graphics card has good vram, etc.
Well even with a mac I think I could still beat you in a gunfight :^)
 Mainly gaming would be the purpose of it I plan on switching out the parts as I'd wanna upgrade it. I think the price range I put is a decent starting point for the parts that would be in it.
Depends on what you are trying to do and if you want to build it. Realistically you can build a decent gaming PC for $300-$400. I spent the extra $80 and bought a CPU that placed my PC pretty high regardless of how old the specs were. Tell us what you want to do with it and we can go from there, as well as if you would want a cheaper price or do you strictly want parts that add up to the amount you listed.
Wait. Don't build a pc right now.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(03-13-2021, 01:29 AM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: I would recommend looking at some retailers for a pre-built computer, since the shortage makes it very hard to buy parts like the GPU on its own.. a lot of people don't like the pre-built computers but they have improved a lot in the past 5 years

Only thing I would stay away from CPU wise is Ryzen 2xxx series processors, compared to the Ryzen 3xxx series processors they're not good and the price isn't much different. GPU wise.. eh, they all do the same thing nowadays unless you want the person in the game to reach out and make out with you or something.
Explain that last part for a friend of mine if you would

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
As long as it isn't pre-built, you're good.
former admin2
(03-24-2021, 09:52 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 01:29 AM)Russ the Stress Queen Wrote: I would recommend looking at some retailers for a pre-built computer, since the shortage makes it very hard to buy parts like the GPU on its own.. a lot of people don't like the pre-built computers but they have improved a lot in the past 5 years

Explain that last part for a friend of mine if you would

Performance per value on the Ryzen 3000 series processors (and now the Ryzen 5000 series) is through the roof compared to the Ryzen 1000 and 2000 series processors. Unless your motherboard chipset is incompatible buying the older processors at full retail price is a waste of money.

As for that GPU comment, if you have a 1080p monitor, you can get away with literally anything that has GTX or RTX on the box made in the past 5 years as long as you adjust your settings. The only thing you're not going to slide by with on the cheap stuff is crazy games like MS flight simulator, cyberpunk, COD warzone, etc. I've been playing triple A games for years on cheap GPUs and as long as you don't expect to play on the highest graphics settings the game works perfect.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Digital Storm is a really good budgeting website that builds PCs with whatever selection of specs you request, rather than stock pre-mades. I purchased my PC from their website as a financing solution at the time. I would definitely consider looking into their website: https://www.digitalstorm.com/