Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing Transparency in the Discord
I like how you specifically called me out lmaoooo

Okay so : You were being an absolute child about us wanting to remove the word retard. I have never in all my life seen someone act the way that you have over a word, and we are the ones being too sensitive? Okay, sure. You had also said something in staff chat that I wOnT lEaK since you're now picking which areas you want to hold head strong on, but I did send you a direct message stating that I was extending an apology to you for being an absolute BABY over a word. 

So yeah, I do think you should resign if you cannot fathom the team growing and choosing to move forward with new rules. If you cannot simply process us wanting to make the community a better place for all people then idk why you are still arguing.

Here is the apology again, since you seem to want to pick me through the crowd :)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Go away
No. I did not become staff to follow the biddings of those not a part of TTT. Do not tell me to resign from staff on the server you do not play on. How about you resign for disagreeing with me?

Do not talk about inappropriate actions when you want me gone.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(03-15-2021, 12:44 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: No. I did not become staff to follow the biddings of those not a part of TTT. Do not tell me to resign from staff on the server you do not play on. How about you resign for disagreeing with me?

Do not talk about inappropriate actions when you want me gone.
I dont want you gone, lmao.

But you need to understand that this whole community needs to be on the same page, its not just TTT vs PH or DR or Murder, we are ALL in the same community you're just being a literal brat. The discord is for the COMMUNITY if that deeply disturbs you so much then there is an actual issue that needs to be fixed.
Go away
For goodness sake. This happened in general chat btw which is where ALL the communities are tied together so of course you will probably can get in more trouble for saying certain things then you would in ttt chat or on the ttt server. The discord is and ttt are not the same thing. Just like how ph and the discord are not the same. So In other words. If people get in trouble for saying something that would be offensive and very bad towards some then that’s thats. Again context matters through so it SHOULD be investigated more before engaging punishments. That is all that I believe is needed so can we just be done already and move on?
i love e-drama
Jesse there was no agreement on a consensus. A decision was made, without the full effort of the staff and community, and there was failure to broadcast the decision. I find it very offensive that all these things occurred, but that is dismissed. Staff disregard the guidelines because of their own discretion.

How would you like me to ban you the next time you rdm Jesse, because I believe that my discretion warrants it.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
I have a solution to all of our problems:

Perhaps we should establish a process similar to the Freedom of Information Act. People can file a formal request to gain access to documents otherwise not known to the public such as staff chat. This can also be extended to exculpatory and inculpatory evidence. We need a transparent process for this. Then the staff members providing the evidence has to also submit an at least 1 page write up of what the evidence is, why they took this action, and why it is justified. Or if it is something from staff chat, explain what it is, why it can be released, etc. This will ensure complete and total transparency.
(03-15-2021, 12:53 PM)VERY RARE Wrote: i love e-drama

it's why I always come back; pure entertainment for me, free of charge.

In terms of actual input here: 

A word is a word. If you react to it, you give it power, hence why people still say slurs. It's always an easy reaction; of course, it's much easier said than done to "not react" to these terms, but I think trying to expand the boundaries of what isn't allowed at this point is an infringement. Discord "staff" should ONLY get involved if it becomes toxic and is causing actual issues. I wasn't here for that discord conversation (nor would I want to be),  but it seems that this is a petty issue that nobody really should care about.

Get over yourselves, grow some thick skin, and just move on. It's just a Garry's Mod community, stop treating this like it's real life. If you want to say things without regulation, be in a discord server with people from this group you like where those kinds of rules don't exist. Otherwise, fuck off. The average age range of people making comments on here is approx. 19-21 years old; you're adults, start acting like it or you'll end up having people like me coming back to stir up the pot for our own entertainment.
(03-15-2021, 01:49 PM)David Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 12:53 PM)VERY RARE Wrote: i love e-drama

it's why I always come back; pure entertainment for me, free of charge.

In terms of actual input here: 

A word is a word. If you react to it, you give it power, hence why people still say slurs. It's always an easy reaction; of course, it's much easier said than done to "not react" to these terms, but I think trying to expand the boundaries of what isn't allowed at this point is an infringement. Discord "staff" should ONLY get involved if it becomes toxic and is causing actual issues. I wasn't here for that discord conversation (nor would I want to be),  but it seems that this is a petty issue that nobody really should care about.

Get over yourselves, grow some thick skin, and just move on. It's just a Garry's Mod community, stop treating this like it's real life. If you want to say things without regulation, be in a discord server with people from this group you like where those kinds of rules don't exist. Otherwise, fuck off. The average age range of people making comments on here is approx. 19-21 years old; you're adults, start acting like it or you'll end up having people like me coming back to stir up the pot for our own entertainment.

ok..? who asked
[Image: xdjlve.png]
You are all acting like a bunch of children over a mishandled situation, raider as a staff member, respectfully. Grow tf up. I don't know why it was suddenly enforced but all we can do is apologize to those affected and then discuss solutions like actual humans instead of demonizing those which oppose our viewpoints. We don't do what we do just to fuck with others we do it to try and make this a better place and sometimes it doesn't play out right. Stop bickering like this and move on with the perspective of the other side.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]