Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TTT] Looking for Feedback: Timed Mutes & Gags
Yes. I'm happy to see that this is getting a lot of the attention that this deserves. I like the changes made to the rules since those are much simpler to see and make more sense. Easier for the server staff to manage and eliminates the possibility for people to try and evade their gag or mute punishment by simply leaving and joining back. It's a real problem so I'm glad this fixes that. Also it leaves nobody forgotten about! I've seen it happen about only once or twice but sometimes people get forgotten about after they have been muted or gagged. Thankfully it all goes by time so everyone gets a %100 fair punishment.

Now in regards to the time of the new first gag/mute punishment for mic/chat spam. I think that it should be bumped up to 2 or 3 minutes only because I'm thinking about how prophunt gives round gags which could be up to 5 minutes since 1 full round of prophunt is 5 minutes but most of the time the round only has 2 or 3 minutes left around the time someone mic spams (yes I observe) and that is how much a typical round gag is therefore I think 2 or 3 minutes would be perfect. 1 minute just sounds like a slap on the wrist and sadly most people wouldn't take that seriously . 

Talking about the 5th punishment for gag/mute punishment. I think that a 24 hour ban is great buut I heard discussion about a 24 hour gag/mute instead of banning players because I had the impression that mic/chat spam could be stopped by simply gagging or muting the person for 24 hours as the result of (in this case) the 5th punishment. I heard that players shouldn't be permanently banned just for mic or chat spam and instead they could just be permanently gagged or muted after breaking the rules regarding mic/chat so many times. I'm not sure if that is possible but if it is then I think it should highly be considered!

Overall I am excited for this new feature to hopefully be put on all the Dinkleberg servers. It's an amazing script and I hope this makes the lives for all the server staff just a little easier :) Using the power of computers to make our lives easier is what technology is all about.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
(03-22-2021, 11:02 PM)Here lies Eggroll\s reputation.~ Wrote: Talking about the 5th punishment for gag/mute punishment. I think that a 24 hour ban is great buut I heard discussion about a 24 hour gag/mute instead of banning players because I had the impression that mic/chat spam could be stopped by simply gagging or muting the person for 24 hours as the result of (in this case) the 5th punishment.

Keep in mind the technical limitations of this script. The "mute timer" only counts down when the player is connected, it doesn't count down like a ban does, meaning you would need 24 hours of playing time to get unmuted. I've set the hard limit on how long you can mute people for to 60 minutes because of that. Any more time, use the permanent muting and gagging feature in ULX CustomCommands. Making these mutes act like temporary bans is a big technical challenge that I'm not qualified or mentally prepared to take on.
(03-22-2021, 11:10 PM)Stress Queen Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 11:02 PM)Here lies Eggroll\s reputation.~ Wrote: Talking about the 5th punishment for gag/mute punishment. I think that a 24 hour ban is great buut I heard discussion about a 24 hour gag/mute instead of banning players because I had the impression that mic/chat spam could be stopped by simply gagging or muting the person for 24 hours as the result of (in this case) the 5th punishment.

Keep in mind the technical limitations of this script. The "mute timer" only counts down when the player is connected, it doesn't count down like a ban does, meaning you would need 24 hours of playing time to get unmuted. I've set the hard limit on how long you can mute people for to 60 minutes because of that. Any more time, use the permanent muting and gagging feature in ULX CustomCommands. Making these mutes act like temporary bans is a big technical challenge that I'm not qualified or mentally prepared to take on.
Aw alright then. Still! I like the work you have done. It just makes sense to have timed mutes and gags and it's crazy that you've actually added it yourself  :)
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3