Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TTT] Looking for Feedback: Chat Slur-Blocking
Hello everyone! In addition to timed mutes & gags, Russ has also created another script which can be used to block certain words from being sent in the chat. More information can be found in this thread. This  script would be used for blocking slurs from being sent via the chat and works quite well during initial testing.

So I'll go ahead and create a new feedback thread for our TTT playerbase as we want feedback regarding the potential implementation of this add-on. This version of the script simply blocks a message containing a slur from being sent and does not auto-punish or send messages to admin chat.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
just add it already
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
No.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
(03-22-2021, 08:26 PM)(j)ax Wrote: No.

Elaborate
This version, yes. I haven’t found a downside yet, depending on the word list chosen.

Does it grab partial words? I am reluctant to ask that knowing people will try to exploit it if it doesn’t, however if it does you should be careful with the blacklist.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Eitherway it will at least help in blocking out the slurs in some ways. Any help is good tbh and this kind of thing could help staff deal with randoms who just come on the server to cause trouble since usually you will have people who just come on the server at 4 am in the morning to spam the n word. @Ethan remembers this I think lol. But anyway yeah but the only downside would be if it had trouble with partial words or something like Matt said but still even with that it can still be helpful from time to time.
(03-22-2021, 08:32 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: This version, yes. I haven’t found a downside yet, depending on the word list chosen.

Does it grab partial words? I am reluctant to ask that knowing people will try to exploit it if it doesn’t, however if it does you should be careful with the blacklist.

It grabs whatever is set, which can include partial words. It originally didn't catch words using different capitalization but that has been fixed. So it can grab partial words or if a slur is a part of a larger word but reviewing the list there aren't many words that contain the slurs and are used often so it shouldn't cause an issue. Actively working on the list to ensure nothing else is unintentional is blocked

Anything not covered by the script would still be handled by staff normally following normal rules and guidelines.
(03-22-2021, 08:41 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 08:32 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: This version, yes. I haven’t found a downside yet, depending on the word list chosen.

It grabs whatever is set, which can include partial words. It originally didn't catch words using different capitalization but that has been fixed. So it can grab partial words or if a slur is a part of a larger word but reviewing the list there aren't many words that contain the slurs and are used often so it shouldn't cause an issue. Actively working on the list to ensure nothing else is unintentional is blocked

Anything not covered by the script would still be handled by staff normally following normal rules and guidelines.
all i can imagen is how many times youll be typing that word
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
I'm fine with the slur blocker as long as it isn't use to blacklist words we use as friendly banter insults. (retard, moron, dumbass, etc.). If a decision is reached to block new words, they should be told to the community first.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(03-22-2021, 08:28 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(03-22-2021, 08:26 PM)(j)ax Wrote: No.

Elaborate

ok. I’m at the bar right now but I’ll edit this with a good explanation in a few. Bear with me.
[Image: xdjlve.png]